A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:25:36 pm
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RUSH  (Read 22938 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2010, 01:36:54 pm »

Well then if you see a cop, ditch the pedobear costume and act cool.

Grin

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2010, 03:16:01 pm »

Well then if you see a cop, ditch the pedobear costume and act cool.

I think they found one of those suits at Michael Jacksons house, but it was called a Bed A Pair.   Grin

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2010, 08:27:10 am »

Ok I am going to expect a backlash from all RUSH purist about my thoughts on last nights show, but here goes.
Great visuals, Horrible sound. My favorite song by the band was butchered by them. And it's their song ! Spirit of the Radio. Geddy Lee could not even be understood. And I know the words. The first half of the show, I knew 3 songs. That's it.
I guess I should have paid more attention to their music realeases in the 90s and the 2000s. There again I probably would not even be writing this if I could have"UNDERSTOOD HIM"
When did concert T-Shirts go to 50 Dollars ? My cheap seat ticket cost that.
Also, I wanted to walk to one of the pubs for a beer and maybe a sandwich. Problem being is the Wife has a tough time with long walks and there is nothing at all close to the BOK for what I was looking for. Bricktown beats the H*ll out of Downtown Tulsa in that respect. I get that they want you to buy their high priced food inside, but next time I will plan a little better for a event.
This was my first time to the BOK. No way in the World that my Wife could sit in the upper tier seats. The view made her so dizzy she almost could not get up so we could move to other seats. I wont skimp on tickets again where she is concerned.
All in all, I guess I like RUSH. I just dont love them.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2010, 08:29:52 am »

One of the reasons I seldom go to large scale concerts anymore.  Sound can be a total crap-shoot and for the current price of concert tix I'd like to be able to enjoy the music.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2010, 09:47:44 am »

One of the reasons I seldom go to large scale concerts anymore.  Sound can be a total crap-shoot and for the current price of concert tix I'd like to be able to enjoy the music.

Earplugs help.  Shocked

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2010, 10:15:14 am »

It was an entertaining show, but the sound mix was really off at times.  However, I thought the amazing talents of the three made up for the sound issues.  It was also an interesting crowd, not a typical "see and be seen" crowd that often populate BOK shows, but serious fans who were there for a rock concert - jeans and Rush t-shirts.  And, $50 or not, people were buying t-shirts like crazy.

Also, was anyone sitting (standing!) close to those guys in the red coveralls on the front row?  I assume they were mimicking the red coveralls of the movers on the Moving Pictures album cover.  In any event, they were really into it!
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2010, 10:43:07 am »

DTowner. You are right about the T-shirt sales. The lines were unbelievable, you would have thought they were selling crack.
I didnt see the guys dressed in coveralls, but I did see the two ladies swaying back and fourth dancing on the floor next to the sound mixers. Reminded me of the old LSD induced dancers back in the day.
The Wife and I almost got a contact high when the lights went out. It was a Doobie affair with the people behind us. Ahhh the past memories that blasted back.
Kids having fun at a concert. And I mean kids. The one sitting next to me looked to be all of a pimpled 16. Glad that talent and great music still crosses all age barriers.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2010, 11:31:53 am »

The Wife and I almost got a contact high when the lights went out. It was a Doobie affair with the people behind us. Ahhh the past memories that blasted back.
Kids having fun at a concert. And I mean kids. The one sitting next to me looked to be all of a pimpled 16. Glad that talent and great music still crosses all age barriers.

What??? Surely you jest!!! They don't allow smoking in the BOK  Cool

DTowner
City Father

« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2010, 12:12:06 pm »

I detected a few herbaceous smells last night, but they were few and fleeting - not that I was hoping for more or inhaling deeply when they came about.  Nothing like the concerts of my youth.  And, yes, I realize how old that makes me sound.
TheTed
City Father

« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2010, 12:19:54 pm »

Also, I wanted to walk to one of the pubs for a beer and maybe a sandwich. Problem being is the Wife has a tough time with long walks and there is nothing at all close to the BOK for what I was looking for. Bricktown beats the H*ll out of Downtown Tulsa in that respect. I get that they want you to buy their high priced food inside, but next time I will plan a little better for a event.

I'll still take downtown Tulsa. At least the vast majority of our bars are cool. Bricktown seems full of faux trendy places, where affliction shirts are the norm. Our bars are much more down to earth, where regular dudes feel comfortable.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2010, 02:50:02 pm »

I detected a few herbaceous smells last night, but they were few and fleeting - not that I was hoping for more or inhaling deeply when they came about.  Nothing like the concerts of my youth.  And, yes, I realize how old that makes me sound.

I remember those concerts...The arena lights went out, the lighters went on.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2010, 02:55:06 pm »

I remember those concerts...The arena lights went out, the lighters went on.

If you can remember them, you weren't there  Wink

stageidea
Civic Leader

« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2010, 02:59:05 pm »

You can probably relive that if you go to some of the concerts at the Cain's or Brady.. Last years 311 concert certainly had a certain scent in the air.   

Last nights concert was a lot of fun.  I thought they put on a good show..

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2010, 02:28:37 pm »

I thought it was great.  It was also not as loud as most shows.  Either that or I don't hear as well.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
stageidea
Civic Leader

« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2010, 09:27:57 am »

I thought it was great.  It was also not as loud as most shows.  Either that or I don't hear as well.

I agree, I was able to hear without issue after only a couple of hours

Here a couple of the photos I snapped during the concert on my phone:

« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 10:52:25 am by stageidea » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org