A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 18, 2017, 02:40:53 am
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: (PROJECT) One Place Tower  (Read 99005 times)
dioscorides
Civic Leader

« Reply #480 on: May 16, 2013, 12:33:37 pm »

SIAP...i didn't see mention of this yet.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/blogs/post.aspx/Naples_Flatbread_to_open_across_from_BOK_Center/20383

Naples Flatbread & Wine Bar has become the first restaurant to sign a lease for space in the new One Place building, located across the street from the BOK Center.

“My Tulsa partner, Jim Wilburn, started planting the seed about locating downtown when I first came here last year,” Naples Flatbread founder Ralph Desiano said Thursday inside the new space that has nothing more than a gravel floor and support columns.

“He knew the owners of the building and knew they wanted restaurants in here. It was hard not to fall in love with a great place across from the BOK Center.”

Desiano and Wilburn opened a Naples Flatbread last November near 71st Street and Yale Avenue. Desiano has three others in the Naples, Fla., area.

“This will be our largest restaurant and will be the prototype for franchising,” Desiano said. “Our first four were remodels of failed restaurants, so this will be our first we have built from scratch.”

The downtown restaurant will have 4,000 square feet, plus another 1,450 square feet on a south patio. It has floor-to-ceiling windows looking west and south.

Desiano said local architect James Boswell will design the restaurant.

Desiano said he expects One Place eventually will have six, “maybe more” restaurants.

Other restaurants rumored to be in negotiations are Ruth’s Chris Steak House, Abuelo’s Mexican Food, George’s Pub (a pub and grill in Jenks) and In the Raw.

Ruth’s Chris hasn’t answered inquiries. An Abuelo’s spokesperson said the restaurant was considering a second Tulsa location, “but we haven’t committed to anything yet.” George’s Pub and In the Raw owners could not be reached for comment.

Naples Flatbread specializes in a wide assortment of flatbread toppings, pizza and pasta dishes, all cooked in a fiery hearth oven.

Desiano said he hopes to have the new Naples Flatbread open by the Justin Timberlake concert Nov. 21.

There is an ancient Celtic axiom that says 'Good people drink good beer.' Which is true, then as now. Just look around you in any public barroom and you will quickly see: bad people drink bad beer. Think about it. - Hunter S. Thompson
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #481 on: May 16, 2013, 01:09:38 pm »

I haven't tried this place, but this is good news.  I suspect most don't want to be the first one in, so getting someone signed up might help get the ball rollling on the remaining space.

I agree with previous posters, I think a true sports bar/casual food type place would be the best fit in this building.
Jeff P
Civic Leader

« Reply #482 on: May 16, 2013, 01:29:45 pm »

I just went to the 71st and Yale Naples for the first time a few weeks ago.

I thought it was pretty good... it's perfect for that OnePlace spot next to BOK.    I'd call it kind of "upscale casual" Italian.

I think they'll do really well on concert nights.
JCnOwasso
Civic Leader

« Reply #483 on: May 16, 2013, 02:24:22 pm »

Thank goodness, RDJ was starting to get in my head and make me doubt my arguement.

rdj
City Father

« Reply #484 on: May 20, 2013, 08:23:49 am »

The first place tower also recently updated the 41st floor to host events, put in new carpet, etc...they have since stopped renting that space out for future bookings...in other words anyone ON the books is good but nothing new will be booked...

Yes, rumors now that Kanbar is going to mothball the building.  Emphasis on rumors.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #485 on: May 20, 2013, 08:46:13 am »

They get several restaurants in there and that could change the dynamic and make it more of a "destination" for eating type thing. Whatever happens, hope each one adds some interest to the ground level of that building.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #486 on: May 20, 2013, 08:53:48 am »

Yes, rumors now that Kanbar is going to mothball the building.  Emphasis on rumors.

I worked in that building for years and this really makes no sense. It almost full when I was there and that was just 6-7 years ago. Is he really that bad of a landlord?
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #487 on: May 20, 2013, 10:09:09 am »

That's a lot of mothballs.
Syn3rgyCreativeGroup
Tourist

« Reply #488 on: May 22, 2013, 11:24:18 am »

I'm in OKC, how is this project progressing? Has construction started? If so, how far along are they. I read a few pages of this thread but didn't see much on progress.
Jeff P
Civic Leader

« Reply #489 on: June 19, 2013, 09:43:53 am »

I'm in OKC, how is this project progressing? Has construction started? If so, how far along are they. I read a few pages of this thread but didn't see much on progress.

The Cimerex tower and the Northwestern Mutual building are completed and occupied (or on their way to being occupied).

The street-level retail remains empty, but one establishment is on the way for sure (Naples Italian restaurant) and others are rumored.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #490 on: July 05, 2013, 10:36:36 am »

Nothing new on the proposed hotel along 3rd Street?  I had heard at one time Hyatt Place was interested but nothing recently.

Something along that entire frontage and 8-10 stories like the Residence Inn in downtown Denver, with some streetfront retail, would be nice here.

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org