A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:22:17 pm
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 34   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: (PROJECT) One Place Tower  (Read 245854 times)
Renaissance
City Father

« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2010, 08:10:02 pm »

I guess they solved the utility conduit issue. 

I forget... is this contingent on TDA action? 
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2010, 08:07:24 am »

I guess they solved the utility conduit issue. 

I forget... is this contingent on TDA action? 

TDA finally acted approx 1 year to the day after the bid was made.
perspicuity85
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2010, 04:30:16 am »

Reading the TW comments on this article really hurt your head.

Here's a couple of choice ones. I don't think either person even bothered to read what they were commenting on:

I've resorted to making it a personal rule for myself to not read the TW article comments.  The fact is, there are just too many ignorant people out there.  To the second poster, BOK is actually one of the 50 largest banks in the US.

And just to point out a misnomer: real estate vacancies are not corrected by simply filling up the existing supply of available space. Downtown's relatively high vacancy rate of past years had far less to do with distaste for the downtown area than the fact that newer office space with better technological infrastructure was becoming increasingly more available in suburban Tulsa.  New construction and/or new remodeling is key to attracting and keeping companies' offices downtown.  Some older office buildings simply aren't practical for today's class A office space (i.e. Atlas Life, Philtower) but have outstanding adaptive re-use potential.

I wonder how often the vacancy rates are updated to reflect the conversion of office space to retail, hotel, or residential space.   
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2010, 09:00:48 am »

I've resorted to making it a personal rule for myself to not read the TW article comments. 

Whenever there is a story about recycling or garbage, a couple of posters find ways to attack me in the comments. It really makes you hate the comments sections.

Power is nothing till you use it.
dsjeffries
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2010, 09:10:13 am »

Whenever there is a story about recycling or garbage, a couple of posters find ways to attack me in the comments. It really makes you hate the comments sections.

Sorry RM, I guess I'll stop the attacks Wink

I'd like to see the other elevations for this project. It looks like the tower stretches around the corner on the NE side.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2010, 12:41:25 pm »

The comments section is pretty useless.  A lot of news websites have disabled them.  I wouldn't mind seeing the TW do the same.

Does anyone know who the architect is for One Place and/or the proposed tower?  I'd like to see more renderings.

YoungTulsan
City Father

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2010, 12:49:14 pm »

You guys think the TW comments are bad, Youtube is what really takes the cake.

You can be watching the most plain video about how boxes are made, and somehow the comments are all a bunch of people calling each other the n-word.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2010, 12:51:31 pm »

The comments section is pretty useless.  A lot of news websites have disabled them.  I wouldn't mind seeing the TW do the same.

Does anyone know who the architect is for One Place and/or the proposed tower?  I'd like to see more renderings.

I think it's Miles & Associates

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
stageidea
Civic Leader

« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2010, 03:29:57 pm »

I have to agree with you.  I think it would be best if they where just moved out of the way.  They do more harm then good.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2010, 07:36:47 pm »

Or a story on someone who finally succeeded in winning a Darwin award draws some nasty comments and you get a sparring match between readers and the friends and family of the Darwinee.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Renaissance
City Father

« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2010, 02:04:04 pm »

Mike Easterling article from Urban Tulsa w/ more info on the development.  Sounds like the tower might go higher than 15 stories.

http://www.urbantulsa.com/gyrobase/Content?oid=oid%3A32624
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2010, 03:57:21 pm »

That would be cool to see a taller building at that corner.  By comparison City Hall (OTC) is 15 stories and 740,000 SF on a half block.  This building will be on a quarter block with roughly a third of the square footage (~260,000 SF) when all is said and done, assuming no more tenants sign leases.  That would put them around 15-16 stories.  If they are at 17 ft. floor-to-floor that is 272 ft. at 16 stories which would be roughly the same height as Boston Ave. Methodist Church tower and slightly taller than the Mayo Hotel.

dbacks fan
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2010, 05:03:55 pm »

Or a story on someone who finally succeeded in winning a Darwin award draws some nasty comments and you get a sparring match between readers and the friends and family of the Darwinee.

Must be refering to the guy who flew his Mustang into Eaton Sq. Apts.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2010, 06:12:38 pm »

What's with the double row of floodlights just pointing straight up into the sky?
Is it to celebrate conspicuous consumption, or just show off the skills of a behind-the-times architect?

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2010, 11:05:39 am »

What's with the double row of floodlights just pointing straight up into the sky?
Is it to celebrate conspicuous consumption, or just show off the skills of a behind-the-times architect?

That is part of the APLS, but won't appear in the final design.

(Arouse Patric Lighting System)

Yes, I made that up.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 34   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org