A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:58:17 pm
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 34   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: (PROJECT) One Place Tower  (Read 245858 times)
swake
T-Town Elder

« on: September 15, 2010, 04:37:55 am »

Cimarex to move into new 15 floor office building across the street from the BOK center as part of the Place One hotel development.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=334&articleid=20100915_11_A1_ULNSon750822&allcom=1

« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 08:57:07 am by dsjeffries » Logged
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 06:44:34 am »

I didn't see that coming, great to see this moving forward.  I can't wait to see more details/renderings of the entire development, especially the office tower.  It looks like the planned hotel is at 3rd & Cheyenne.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2010, 07:31:41 am »

I didn't see that coming, great to see this moving forward.  I can't wait to see more details/renderings of the entire development, especially the office tower.  It looks like the planned hotel is at 3rd & Cheyenne.

Looks as if the rendering is taken from the perspective of the NW corner of the BOK Center at the base.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2010, 07:48:39 am »

It also looks like there are two towers, one office and one hotel about the same height
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2010, 08:08:10 am »

This is very good and surprising news (with all the necessary caveats of believing it when I see dirt being moved, etc.).  Lost in the discussion the past couple of years of downtown housing and entertainment development has been the need for more workers downtown.  Building lots of housing downtown is great, but the best way to create demand for and fill up such housing is to have more people working downtown.

While Cimarex was already located downtown, this gives it more room to grow and adds to the limited stock of class A office space downtown.

An office building that is 2/3 preleased sounds like an excellent anchor for this entire development, whereas before it appeared like the anchor would be a hotel.  If this development could just get started it could be coming on line just in time for the economic turn around.  Good news indeed.
OpenYourEyesTulsa
Civic Leader

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2010, 11:01:57 am »

I am glad it will have retail space on the 1st floor.  Otherwise it would seem like a waste to be accross the street from the BOK Center.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2010, 11:03:19 am »

I am glad it will have retail space on the 1st floor.  Otherwise it would seem like a waste to be accross the street from the BOK Center.

I agree but if I see one cricket mobile store, I start smashing windows.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2010, 12:34:46 pm »

Reading the TW comments on this article really hurt your head.

Here's a couple of choice ones. I don't think either person even bothered to read what they were commenting on:

7th Angel, YOURS (6 hours ago)
Is it "Wayne's World" thought," Build it and they will come?" Is it a waste of money? Who gets the contract? Is their a bid or is the contracts given to my favorite person? Transparency in the govenment. It's just hard to do when it's behind closed doors.

fld11, (1 hour ago)
BOK is not in the league with the big banks and they certainly have no clue how many square feet of vacant office space is currently in the downtown area. What a tremendous waste of money and it's no wonder people are pulling out of BOK. Excessive fees are paying for this through investments.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 12:39:23 pm by swake » Logged
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2010, 01:00:51 pm »

The lot as it exists currently (and what you see from the main entrance to the BOK Center)

DTowner
City Father

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2010, 01:37:31 pm »

I thought it interesting that Eggleston said he has enough letters of intent from interested would-be retailer and restaurant tenants to fill the place twice over.  While history says announcements and newspaper articles are a far cry from buildings rising from surface parking lots, it is encouraging that this project has generated that much interest
Rico
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2010, 02:23:22 pm »

Cimarex to move into new 15 floor office building across the street from the BOK center as part of the Place One hotel development.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=334&articleid=20100915_11_A1_ULNSon750822&allcom=1

Great Stuff!

This makes the BOK and the Ballpark worth it all.  This is reaching "critical mass".

I would think this will do more for property values in the Downtown area than the Ballpark ever would.

Wonder what Mister Kaiser thinks of this? He will be running a Hotel in very close proximity.

The one day I skip the Whirled and all the balloons start popping.
stageidea
Civic Leader

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2010, 03:58:50 pm »

Great news, I will look forward to them getting started. 

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2010, 04:03:25 pm »

Hmm, very similar in site plan (not style) to one we, The company I used to work for worked on years ago.

I like that layout, it opens the venue in the right direction.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 04:17:36 pm by Gaspar » Logged

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2010, 05:00:35 pm »

Views looking west from this part of downtown are really nice, right down the river valley.  I can see the appeal of a new office tower in this location over their current digs at 5th & Boston.  I researched Cimarex Energy and it looks like they are a well-positioned oil/gas exploration company with a good potential for future growth.  Their corporate HQ is in Denver but they have offices in Tulsa, Dallas, Midland, and Houston.  If they're willing to lease that much space in a new building they must plan on increasing their operations in Tulsa.  That is a lot more space than they currently occupy in downtown.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 05:05:35 pm by SXSW » Logged

oasis812005
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2010, 11:10:23 pm »

That kinda looks like the Whole Foods headquarters in Austin TX. Very nice.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 34   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org