A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:44:34 pm
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 34   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: (PROJECT) One Place Tower  (Read 248328 times)
Renaissance
City Father

« Reply #60 on: April 14, 2011, 08:25:48 pm »

Weren't there issues with a utilities conduit on the eastern half of the block?  I bet they are able to start earlier on this side because they can avoid that complication.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #61 on: April 14, 2011, 08:27:29 pm »

Come on TDA, get out of the way before you discourage more Tulsa Development!

Tulsa Development Avoidance
ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #62 on: April 14, 2011, 08:46:21 pm »

Tulsa Development Avoidance

I have yet to this day understood the point of this organization. They are nonelected officials. It should just be obliterated. I cannot think of anything they have done to encourage development.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #63 on: April 15, 2011, 07:07:46 am »

I have yet to this day understood the point of this organization. They are nonelected officials. It should just be obliterated. I cannot think of anything they have done to encourage development.

Agreed, they just amass property and send out feeble RFP notices. When they get a serious RFP they suddenly don't know what to do with it.
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #64 on: April 15, 2011, 09:46:14 am »

TDA is Exhibit A in support of Blake Ewing's point that Tulsa city government too often acts as a hindrance rather than an assistance to downtown development.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #65 on: April 15, 2011, 08:49:45 pm »

TDA is Exhibit A in support of Blake Ewing's point that Tulsa city government too often acts as a hindrance rather than an assistance to downtown development.

Fixed it
perspicuity85
« Reply #66 on: April 18, 2011, 11:45:12 pm »

Another nugget from the Tulsa World article is that the 4 story building for Northwestern Mutual is not only going to start first, but is supposed to be completed by next summer (2012) because of NW's aggressive move-in schedule.  Anything that gets dirt being moved on this site is a huge plus.

In the scheme of things, convincing south Tulsa companies that downtown is the place to be is probably a necessary precursor to convincing out-of-town companies that downtown Tulsa is the place to be.  Momentum continues to build. 

An interesting fact worth noting here is that the current NM office at 71st & Yale is owned by Kaiser Francis, and the Kaiser Family Foundation has a physical office in the same building.  Hans Helmerich is also on their national board of trustees.  They are a company with some big-name Tulsa ties and an interest in the city's prosperity.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #67 on: April 19, 2011, 08:27:14 am »

An interesting fact worth noting here is that the current NM office at 71st & Yale is owned by Kaiser Francis, and the Kaiser Family Foundation has a physical office in the same building.  Hans Helmerich is also on their national board of trustees.  They are a company with some big-name Tulsa ties and an interest in the city's prosperity.

The Helmerich family is also a big part of Cimarex.  The bulk of their operations and personnel are in Tulsa but the corporate HQ is in Denver.

Kaiser-Francis' offices are in that same area near 71st & Yale, closer to 68th & Canton; the two black buildings near Explorer Pipeline's HQ.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 08:29:41 am by SXSW » Logged

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #68 on: April 19, 2011, 01:15:08 pm »

Another noteworthy fact: Lance Franczyk, who runs that NW Mutual office, is a big proponent of Downtown and even spent some time as a TulsaNow board intern (through Leadership Tulsa)
rdj
City Father

« Reply #69 on: April 19, 2011, 03:08:45 pm »

The Helmerich family is also a big part of Cimarex.  The bulk of their operations and personnel are in Tulsa but the corporate HQ is in Denver.

Cimarex was founded when Helmerich & Payne spun out their oil & gas division to their existing shareholders and merged it with Key.  I've heard the Helmerichs were a little surprised they decided to stay in Tulsa.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #70 on: April 19, 2011, 03:43:34 pm »

Cimarex was founded when Helmerich & Payne spun out their oil & gas division to their existing shareholders and merged it with Key.  I've heard the Helmerichs were a little surprised they decided to stay in Tulsa.

Key was HQ'd in Denver and is now the corporate HQ for Cimarex.  The bulk of their drilling operations is in Oklahoma and Texas so it makes more sense to have most of their employees in Tulsa.  I believe they have 400-500 employees with plans to hire more, hence the need for a 15 story building downtown.  I don't know how many people work in the Denver office.  They also have offices in Dallas and Midland but they are smaller.

gbran
« Reply #71 on: April 26, 2011, 10:16:58 am »

I am excited about the project but would like to see it head more toward LEED construction especially using Low Impact Development.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #72 on: May 23, 2011, 07:40:07 pm »

I heard just today from an architect familiar with the project that the Cimarex building will have a parking garage on the lower floors and will be a minimum of 20 stories.  They are still working on the design and will be releasing renderings to the media soon.  Construction will begin later this summer.

This could end up really changing the skyline if it's 20 stories or more.  One Tech has an impact from certain angles at 15 stories but is dwarfed by the BOK Tower next to it. 

we vs us
City Father

« Reply #73 on: May 23, 2011, 09:36:57 pm »

I heard just today from an architect familiar with the project that the Cimarex building will have a parking garage on the lower floors and will be a minimum of 20 stories.  They are still working on the design and will be releasing renderings to the media soon.  Construction will begin later this summer.

This could end up really changing the skyline if it's 20 stories or more.  One Tech has an impact from certain angles at 15 stories but is dwarfed by the BOK Tower next to it. 

Just a whole bunch of exciting.  Do you know how many stories the BOK tower is, approx? 
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #74 on: May 23, 2011, 09:58:40 pm »

Just a whole bunch of exciting.  Do you know how many stories the BOK tower is, approx? 

If that's not a facetious question, then it's 52 exactly.

If it is, then none of your business....

Grin

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 34   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org