A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:02:13 pm
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 34   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: (PROJECT) One Place Tower  (Read 248306 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2010, 11:29:03 am »

Must be refering to the guy who flew his Mustang into Eaton Sq. Apts.

That one came to mind, there have been others.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
dbacks fan
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2010, 11:31:53 am »

That is part of the APLS, but won't appear in the final design.

(Arouse Patric Lighting System)

Yes, I made that up.

+1
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2010, 11:41:33 am »

What's with the double row of floodlights just pointing straight up into the sky?
Is it to celebrate conspicuous consumption, or just show off the skills of a behind-the-times architect?

Behind the times?  I know its just a sketch, and likely to change, etc. but that building with the lights on it does kinda look like a 1980s parking garage.  Course my younger friends tell me the 80s are really "in" now.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
dbacks fan
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2010, 12:19:15 pm »

Behind the times?  I know its just a sketch, and likely to change, etc. but that building with the lights on it does kinda look like a 1980s parking garage.  Course my younger friends tell me the 80s are really "in" now.

Thanks for the "1980's" reference. I've been looking at the drawing and the photo, and maybe it's just me, but the style just doesen't fit right. Maybe it's the architectural differences in the buildings in the background that this design just doesn't seem to fit.
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2010, 12:48:59 pm »

What design would look good with the Dark Vader buildings in the backdrop?
dbacks fan
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2010, 01:19:12 pm »

What design would look good with the Dark Vader buildings in the backdrop?

Good point, and thats one of the things I love about downtown. It is an eclectic collection of architectural styles. Predominantly Art Deco, some post modern, and then into the 70's, 80's and 90's glass and steel. Looking at the drawings it almost looks like it may have the feel of exposed concrete that like the DHS building west of the CC. I guess I'm partial to Art Deco, Frank Lloyd Wright, and post modern.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2010, 01:35:18 pm »

That is part of the APLS, but won't appear in the final design.
(Arouse Patric Lighting System)

Yes, I made that up.

Cheesy
It's one thing to uplight Art Deco, another to just uplight circling moths and birds.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2010, 01:36:12 pm »

Hopefully the final renderings are much better.  Something similar to the hospital building Miles + Associates designed in OKC for the tower would fit in well:

For the mixed-use/apartments along Denver, something more like this:

This is a nice "block-sized" mixed-use project that features some good designs:

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2011, 06:48:12 pm »

Any news on this project?  Cimarex stock has been kicking butt recently and they are in major expansion mode.

ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2011, 07:37:50 pm »

It is scheduled to break ground next month.
ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2011, 10:59:00 am »

I heard recently that site work will begin next month on Cimarex Tower with Flintco doing the construction. Very exciting... Cheesy
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2011, 01:53:49 pm »

I heard recently that site work will begin next month on Cimarex Tower with Flintco doing the construction. Very exciting... Cheesy

Correct, Flintco is building it.  Next month is pretty optimistic for starting though from what I've heard, probably more like early summer before any actual site work begins.  They are still finalizing designs and beginning the bidding process.

ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2011, 02:28:31 pm »

Oh, okay. I hadn't heard anything official, this was just rumors I had heard.
ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2011, 11:28:13 pm »

I have seen mention that this has been downsized to pretty much the office tower and maybe the hotel. I highly doubt this, but it kinda worries me. Can anyone confirm otherwise...? Sad
ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2011, 06:14:46 am »

Update on this:
A second tenant is announced for the much anticipated "One Place" development downtown.

The development will take up the entire block across Denver Ave., from the BOK Center.

One Place will soon be home to commercial, residential, retail, restaurant and hotel space.

Developers say the entire complex will be about 40,000 square feet larger than originally planned.

Last fall we found out Cimarex Energy, an oil and gas company would move it's Tulsa offices into a new 15 story tower at One Place.

In a 2NEWS exclusive Thursday morning on 2NEWS Today, we learned Northwestern Mutual Insurance will also move into the building.

The company currently offices at 71st & S. Yale Ave. Northwestern Mutual's 55 employees now in South Tulsa will be moving in once the construction is all wrapped up.

Developers say construction will get underway sometime by the end of next month.

Northwestern Mutual is headquartered in Milwaukee.

http://kjrh.m0bl.net/w/main/story/24744919/

Definitely good news. Can't wait to see it go up!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 34   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org