A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:15:03 pm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nutjob holding hostages at Discovery Channel HQ in Maryland  (Read 10819 times)
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2010, 03:59:20 pm »

His little tirade on illegal immigrants and anchor babies will get him labeled a right wing nut job even though he's an off-the hinges greenie.

Does being an "off-the hinges greenie" make him a left wing nut job? Or is he just a nut job with no particular political implications?

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2010, 04:33:20 pm »

Care to guess which one Lee is in this video?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_n-6xRJL_w[/youtube]

My vote goes to the guy riding the bike.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2010, 04:59:28 pm »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_discovery_channel_gunman

Guess that's one less parasitic human
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2010, 06:35:05 pm »

The left is spinning this as just an anti-immigration nut:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=cache:http://wonkroom.thinkprogress.org/2010/09/01/discovery-gunman-immigration/

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2010, 07:17:18 pm »

Or one could say that the right is spinning this as just an enviro-nut:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/09/01/james-jay-lee/

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2010, 07:55:59 pm »

Or one could say that the right is spinning this as just an enviro-nut:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/09/01/james-jay-lee/

Yeah, Lee is a right winger nut job....

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2010, 09:17:33 pm »

Yeah, Lee is a right winger nut job....
Are you trying to be funny or do you really not understand that it's possible for him to be neither a left wing nor right wing nut job?

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2010, 12:14:10 pm »

Are you trying to be funny or do you really not understand that it's possible for him to be neither a left wing nor right wing nut job?

I'll remember you wrote this the next time someone that is right leaning does anything remotely like this in the future.

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2010, 03:28:27 pm »

I'll remember you wrote this the next time someone that is right leaning does anything remotely like this in the future.
If you want to make the argument that this guy heard some left wing commentator and decided to act on that commentator's ridiculous notions, I'd be more than happy to listen.

That said, this guy's overall philosophy seems unrelated to either political party, or even their most radical cheerleaders. His apparent motivation had nothing to do with his anti-immigrant views or his more mainstream environmental views, but instead his completely nutjob idea that we should all just go die in a hole somewhere so we stop screwing up the Earth. That's not really something that falls within the political spectrum.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2010, 03:32:26 pm »

If you want to make the argument that this guy heard some left wing commentator and decided to act on that commentator's ridiculous notions, I'd be more than happy to listen.

That said, this guy's overall philosophy seems unrelated to either political party, or even their most radical cheerleaders. His apparent motivation had nothing to do with his anti-immigrant views or his more mainstream environmental views, but instead his completely nutjob idea that we should all just go die in a hole somewhere so we stop screwing up the Earth. That's not really something that falls within the political spectrum.

Lighten up Francis. 

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
dbacks fan
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2010, 03:55:21 pm »

I get the protect the squirrels bit, they do a good job of protecting thier nuts, so he believed they would protect him.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2010, 04:16:01 pm »

Where were you with this inspired position after Tiller was gunned down or the guard that was killed at the Holocaust museum? Remember all the right wing domestic terrorist howling after those events (and the deafening silence when left wing connected violence took place). How about the Oakland shooter that was allegedly inspired by Glenn Beck? Still more crickets. On the subject of inspiration, Lee was inspired by Al Gore:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1308138/Eco-terrorist-James-Jay-Lee-shot-dead-Discovery-Channel-HQ.html

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2010, 04:53:49 pm »

Where were you with this inspired position after Tiller was gunned down or the guard that was killed at the Holocaust museum? Remember all the right wing domestic terrorist howling after those events (and the deafening silence when left wing connected violence took place). How about the Oakland shooter that was allegedly inspired by Glenn Beck? Still more crickets. On the subject of inspiration, Lee was inspired by Al Gore:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1308138/Eco-terrorist-James-Jay-Lee-shot-dead-Discovery-Channel-HQ.html

You are forgetting the knob who flew his Piper into the IRS building in Austin as well.  It was supposed he was another right winger anti-tax Tea Bagger at the time.  Turns out in his manifesto he raged against Pres. Bush and the GOP as well as most everything else.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2010, 05:02:01 pm »

You are forgetting the knob who flew his Piper into the IRS building in Austin as well.  It was supposed he was another right winger anti-tax Tea Bagger at the time.  Turns out in his manifesto he raged against Pres. Bush and the GOP as well as most everything else.

Sh!t Conan, remember this thread?

http://www.tulsanow.org/forum/index.php?topic=13556.0

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2010, 05:08:34 pm »

Where were you with this inspired position...
I was probably sitting in my chair, where I am now. If not, I was probably in Fayetteville. Where were you?

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org