A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:14:24 pm
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Lives Touched"  (Read 10544 times)
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2010, 03:59:07 pm »

In my previous position we designed ADA sidewalk ramps for ARRA projects at intersections hundreds of miles from civilization out in the NW OK.  No plans for any sidewalks, just the ramps.  We got a kick out of it, but it paid. . .Not enough to keep the company healthy, but a little.  Amazing how many pages of CAD are necessary to design a concrete ramp at an intersection.
Who proposed those projects? ODOT, a city or county? Just curious.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2010, 02:59:32 pm »

Who proposed those projects? ODOT, a city or county? Just curious.

Don't know they were all ODOT RFQs.  Who knows where they originated.  They were mostly busy-work projects.  We weren't used to gubment projects.  We could have designed a whole office building on the paper generated from one little gubment sidewalk ramp.

I can think of a whole lot of bridges that could have benefited from that money!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 03:01:43 pm by Gaspar » Logged

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2010, 10:54:01 am »

Apparently fewer lives were touched last month as "recovery summer" saw an increase in the number of the unemployed. Bonus, Obama goes on another vacation:

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory?id=11550156

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2010, 11:16:37 am »

Apparently fewer lives were touched last month as "recovery summer" saw an increase in the number of the unemployed. Bonus, Obama goes on another vacation:

That would be the reduction in government employment continuing apace.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2010, 11:21:13 am »

"Please hold, the first Obama apologist available will be here soon to remind you how many days Baby Bush spent at Camp David."

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2010, 11:41:34 am »

"Please hold, the first Obama apologist available will be here soon to remind you how many days Baby Bush spent at Camp David."

If you weren't embarrassed by Bush, you'll be critical of Obama.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2010, 11:56:59 am »

If you weren't embarrassed by Bush, you'll be critical of Obama.

I'm still trying to figure out how that makes sense.  Sorry I left my comprehension glasses at home this morning I think.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2010, 01:18:02 pm »

I'm still trying to figure out how that makes sense.  Sorry I left my comprehension glasses at home this morning I think.

Have you tried a few hits from one of these yet?

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2010, 04:24:07 pm »

I'm still trying to figure out how that makes sense.  Sorry I left my comprehension glasses at home this morning I think.

Really Colin?  Really.

Bush supporter = Obama critic?

That's actually pretty simple.  And I don't partake.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2010, 05:51:02 pm »

Really Colin?  Really.

Bush supporter = Obama critic?

That's actually pretty simple.  And I don't partake.

Really Mark, Really. I'm a little slow on the uptake today.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2010, 07:19:05 pm »

Really Mark, Really. I'm a little slow on the uptake today.

LOL...

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org