A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:18:07 am
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Global Warming/Climate Change/Global Weirding?  (Read 441316 times)
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #870 on: May 25, 2018, 09:41:25 pm »

What do you do for a living again...Huh

I'd ask what you do for a living but it's pretty obvious.

Ladies and Gents, please welcome your Village Idiot.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #871 on: May 25, 2018, 09:42:31 pm »

T.D.S...^^

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #872 on: May 25, 2018, 09:54:09 pm »

T.D.S...^^

No, you are just pointedly stupid and inane. Just a gullible child fooled by people that don't give a smile about you or the world.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #873 on: May 25, 2018, 10:00:58 pm »

No, you are just pointedly stupid and inane. Just a gullible child fooled by people that don't give a smile about you or the world.

Lol...Gullible robot..^^^

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #874 on: May 25, 2018, 10:41:59 pm »

Lol...Gullible robot..^^^

You're like a little girl. Any shiny bit of nothingness that daddy waves before your face becomes your reason for being. Idiot.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #875 on: May 26, 2018, 06:04:27 am »

Hilldog doing her her part to promote the fallacy of man made climate change....

erfalf
City Father

« Reply #876 on: May 26, 2018, 06:42:55 pm »

Wrong thread. sorry.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 06:59:17 pm by erfalf » Logged

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #877 on: May 26, 2018, 10:48:16 pm »

Cows don't fart you idiot....!!!

Awww...how cute...he is doing his Fake Fox News response attempts!!

I realize going into a deeper discussion on this would cater to your expressed internal desires regarding potty habits of animals....but I suspect others here don't want to live as vicariously through fart talk as you do.  Suffice it to say, cows do fart.  And belch.  And in addition to methane they expel lots of nitrous oxide and ammonia - both also big problems.   Wait a minute...was gonna ask you if you had even ever seen a cow in person, but then I realized the strange warped fixations you have with potty humor may just actually come from prolonged exposure to nitrous oxide!!   I have been telling you to pull your head out - I just had the wrong species in mind!!  You HAVE seen a cow in person!!  Up close and personal !!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #878 on: May 26, 2018, 10:49:49 pm »

Be kind...!!   You know how it is with prolonged exposure to nitrous oxide...and ammonia.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #879 on: August 03, 2018, 08:50:00 am »

143-mph 'fire tornado' that left a path of destruction in Redding is an ominous sign

Trees appeared to be levitating, and branches and sheet-metal roofs seemed to orbit the column, Moore said. Uprooted objects launched into the air ignited mid-flight. Vegetation and homes hundreds of feet from the column also caught fire before the twister arrived, he said. It was as loud as a roaring jet engine.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-redding-tornado-destruction-20180802-htmlstory.html

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #880 on: February 02, 2019, 12:39:58 pm »

Oklahoma Senator Offers Heroic Peace Gesture to End Bloody Snowball Riot.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6660061/Snowball-fight-descends-chaos-Police-fire-paintball-guns-students.html

So when Virginia students were having a Polar Vortex day off snowball fight, police decided they wanted to plow the street. When the revelers balked, police opened fire on them with riot gear. NSFW Language.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1091440182962851841

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #881 on: February 02, 2019, 02:14:26 pm »

So when WEST Virginia students were having a Polar Vortex day off snowball fight, police decided they wanted to plow the street. When the revelers balked, police opened fire on them with riot gear. NSFW Language.

I looked up "balked" and found nothing about throwing bottles at the police and setting things on fire.

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #882 on: February 02, 2019, 03:05:34 pm »

I looked up "balked" and found nothing about throwing bottles at the police and setting things on fire.

Did they burn their couches?
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #883 on: February 02, 2019, 09:38:33 pm »

Did they burn their couches?

It seems someone throwing a bottle was retroactively used to justify the overkill, which included pepperballs, Long Range Acoustic Device (LRAD) and two smoke grenades.  https://www.dominionpost.com/2019/02/01/spruce-street-party-turns-to-riot/

Im sure the snowball fights of my youth included all of those but Im just too old to remember.

Meanwhile Trump twat:

In the beautiful Midwest, windchill temperatures are reaching minus 60 degrees, the coldest ever recorded. In coming days, expected to get even colder. People can’t last outside even for minutes. What the hell is going on with Global Waming? Please come back fast, we need you!
    — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 29, 2019

The president has often used the weather of the moment, rather than long-term changes in the climate, to spread skepticism of the widely held consensus among scientists that the world is warming at an alarming pace. In reality, tweets like this one confuse the difference between climate and weather (weather happens in a given place and time; climate is the average of weather over time).

https://www.washingtonpost.com/climate-environment/2019/01/29/trump-always-dismisses-climate-change-when-its-cold-not-so-fast-experts-say

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #884 on: February 03, 2019, 07:55:44 pm »

While so many in the lower 48 were miserable;

Friday, Jan 25, Anchorage Alaska got to a high of 45 deg F.

And the whole time the northern tier was running -30 something here, Anchorage was barely getting below freezing.  (They hadn't been to 0 since 20 Jan).

Climate change manifested as global warming was keeping them much warmer than Wisconsin.  It really is God's punishment for those 3 states that made those horrendous electoral college choices in 2016.

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org