A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:03:43 am
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 61   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Global Warming/Climate Change/Global Weirding?  (Read 441331 times)
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #855 on: March 28, 2018, 01:50:48 pm »

EPA Shows Workers How To Downplay Climate Change

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/epa-climate-adaptation_us_5abbb5e3e4b04a59a31387d7

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #856 on: April 07, 2018, 01:10:33 pm »

When it comes to global warming, Pruitt preaches a gospel of ignorance. In a February TV interview, Pruitt pooh-poohed the notion that climate change is an "existential threat," insisting: "We know that humans have most flourished during times of — what? — warming trends. So I think there’s assumptions made that because the climate is warming that that’s necessarily a bad thing." Thumbing his nose at efforts to curb global temperature rise, Pruitt said it was "arrogant" for man to think we know what the ideal temperature should be.
https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/features/scott-pruitt-epa-security-w518866

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/04/06/pruitt-was-the-kato-kaelin-of-capitol-hill-505658

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #857 on: May 14, 2018, 01:06:01 pm »

Tampering With Evidence:

Trump Administration Kills NASA Program For Monitoring Greenhouse Gases
https://sciencetrends.com/trump-administration-kills-nasa-program-for-monitoring-greenhouse-gases/

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #858 on: May 14, 2018, 04:12:48 pm »

Tampering With Evidence:

Trump Administration Kills NASA Program For Monitoring Greenhouse Gases
https://sciencetrends.com/trump-administration-kills-nasa-program-for-monitoring-greenhouse-gases/

Of course they did...

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #859 on: May 14, 2018, 04:19:10 pm »

Monitoring those cow farts is a really good use taxpayer money....

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #860 on: May 14, 2018, 04:30:56 pm »

As if you know anything about anything...

But that's ok, since you appear to be at least half vegetable, you can make good use of all that extra CO2 !!   Make oxygen for the rest of us!!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #861 on: May 15, 2018, 07:37:09 pm »

As if you know anything about anything...

But that's ok, since you appear to be at least half vegetable, you can make good use of all that extra CO2 !!   Make oxygen for the rest of us!!

Still sticking your head up the Bull's Azz I see...You should listen to the Butcher...

And here ya go...
https://www.popsci.com/cow-farts-are-an-even-bigger-problem-than-we-thought
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 07:39:27 pm by Breadburner » Logged

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #862 on: May 16, 2018, 07:18:00 am »

Still sticking your head up the Bull's Azz I see...You should listen to the Butcher...

And here ya go...

You do realize that you've now switched positions and are arguing in favor of funding climate science. In this instance, listening the butcher would be taking the knowledge provided by the very NASA program threatened with cuts.  So either you are advocating funding that program and telling people to "listen to the butcher,"  or you are advocating destroying the butchers knowledge and at the same time talking about how his knowledge is important. Of course, this all ignores the years you've spent telling people NOT to listen to the butcher because he doesn't really know what he's talking about.

Citing to an article as an authority while advocating for cutting the funding of the program that provided the authority just doesn't work well...

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #863 on: May 16, 2018, 07:53:13 am »

You do realize that you've now switched positions and are arguing in favor of funding climate science. In this instance, listening the butcher would be taking the knowledge provided by the very NASA program threatened with cuts.  So either you are advocating funding that program and telling people to "listen to the butcher,"  or you are advocating destroying the butchers knowledge and at the same time talking about how his knowledge is important. Of course, this all ignores the years you've spent telling people NOT to listen to the butcher because he doesn't really know what he's talking about.

Citing to an article as an authority while advocating for cutting the funding of the program that provided the authority just doesn't work well...

No.  He doesn't realize it quite yet... let's watch and see when that enlightenment hits, shall we?   The clue will be an inane, irrelevant comment about something totally unrelated.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #864 on: May 16, 2018, 08:02:36 am »

And here ya go...

Good to see you finally have decided to pull your's out just that tiny little bit to recognize something the rest of the world has been talking about for the last quarter of a century or so...

Cows no doubt are a big source - the biggest.  About 1.4 billion of them around.  Hogs and sheep around a billion.  Our puny little human farts can't even begin to touch their efforts!  So we have to make up the difference by burning coal !  Can let some animal outdo us on any endeavor!

There are also 19 billion chickens in the world - so now we see where you get it!!

Ed W
City Father

« Reply #865 on: May 16, 2018, 10:19:10 am »

If I recall right, cows are second to termites in producing atmospheric methane. Greater biomass, you see. An increase in methane means more termites exist and global warming allows for more colonies.

But I'll try to avoid the Brussel sprouts and broccoli to do my part. Honest.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #866 on: May 16, 2018, 01:31:37 pm »

If I recall right, cows are second to termites in producing atmospheric methane. Greater biomass, you see. An increase in methane means more termites exist and global warming allows for more colonies.

Thanks for the reminder - I had forgotten about termites!!

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #867 on: May 25, 2018, 09:13:29 pm »

Vagitarians are to blame for climate change....LOL...!!!

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #868 on: May 25, 2018, 09:14:29 pm »

Good to see you finally have decided to pull your's out just that tiny little bit to recognize something the rest of the world has been talking about for the last quarter of a century or so...

Cows no doubt are a big source - the biggest.  About 1.4 billion of them around.  Hogs and sheep around a billion.  Our puny little human farts can't even begin to touch their efforts!  So we have to make up the difference by burning coal !  Can let some animal outdo us on any endeavor!

There are also 19 billion chickens in the world - so now we see where you get it!!

Cows don't fart you idiot....!!!

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #869 on: May 25, 2018, 09:15:33 pm »

You do realize that you've now switched positions and are arguing in favor of funding climate science. In this instance, listening the butcher would be taking the knowledge provided by the very NASA program threatened with cuts.  So either you are advocating funding that program and telling people to "listen to the butcher,"  or you are advocating destroying the butchers knowledge and at the same time talking about how his knowledge is important. Of course, this all ignores the years you've spent telling people NOT to listen to the butcher because he doesn't really know what he's talking about.

What do you do for a living again...Huh

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 61   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org