A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:49:59 am
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 61   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Global Warming/Climate Change/Global Weirding?  (Read 444531 times)
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #330 on: May 21, 2014, 08:10:14 am »

I'm waiting to see how long the flat-earthers/climate change skeptics try and discredit Nolan for what appears to be a movie about the result of earth with no food.

As an aside, the movie looks good.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LqzF5WauAw[/youtube]

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #331 on: May 21, 2014, 08:12:05 am »

Could be worse - we could go through this again.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyOyH9u4AdI&list=RD4-vDhYTlCNw

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #332 on: May 21, 2014, 10:48:33 am »

As an aside, the movie looks good.

Really looking forward to this one.
Hopefully there's no aliens.

Alight alright alright!
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #333 on: May 21, 2014, 12:12:16 pm »

FOX News:   “We’ve passed the point of no return. Climate change: It is real, the science is true.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik-wemple/wp/2014/05/21/daily-shows-jon-stewart-highlights-fox-news-climate-change-alarm/

Now Inhofe has no place to hide...

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #334 on: May 21, 2014, 01:22:32 pm »

FOX News:   “We’ve passed the point of no return. Climate change: It is real, the science is true.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik-wemple/wp/2014/05/21/daily-shows-jon-stewart-highlights-fox-news-climate-change-alarm/

Now Inhofe has no place to hide...

That Daily Show clip on above link is the funniest thing I've seen in a long time.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #335 on: May 23, 2014, 09:33:59 pm »

The notoriously anti-science House Science Committee has hit a new low, voting on Thursday to approve a spending bill amendment that “would prohibit defense spending on climate change research and the social cost of carbon analysis.”  Translated: The Pentagon is being ordered to ignore climate science.

Specifically, the amendment, which was introduced by Rep. David McKinley, R-W.Va., forbids the Department of Defense from in any way utilizing the findings and recommendations of the National Climate Assessment or the U.N. Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change’s fifth assessment on climate change, two landmark, comprehensive reports reflecting the work of hundreds of the world’s top climate scientists and experts — or, as McKinley referred to it, “ideology.” In so doing, it renders all that knowledge and understanding effectively irrelevant to national defense.

http://www.salon.com/2014/05/23/house_bans_the_military_from_acknowledging_climate_science_national_security_be_damned/

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #336 on: May 25, 2014, 09:14:22 am »

So does that mean they will have to stop planning for retrofitting naval bases and such for projected higher sea levels this century?

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #337 on: May 25, 2014, 10:26:57 am »

Interesting flooding map.  I can't get the link to zoom out but you can zoom out and change the flood levels.

http://flood.firetree.net/?ll=33.6312,-117.9149&z=4&t=3

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #338 on: May 26, 2014, 02:51:16 pm »

Interesting flooding map.  I can't get the link to zoom out but you can zoom out and change the flood levels.

http://flood.firetree.net/?ll=33.6312,-117.9149&z=4&t=3

Let the water level go up 40 meters and there won’t be crime in Compton anymore!

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #339 on: May 26, 2014, 09:08:56 pm »

Let the water level go up 40 meters and there won’t be crime in Compton anymore!

Crime will just move to higher ground.

Sad

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #340 on: June 02, 2014, 09:46:47 pm »

Was just watching COSMOS, and they showed a short bit on Carl Sagan, who talked about the effects of climate change for many years.

Interesting fact; since Sagan talked about it in 1980, we have released over 400 Billion tons more CO2 into the atmosphere.

800 trillion pounds.

Sounds like a lot.  Actually, it is a lot.....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #341 on: June 02, 2014, 11:13:47 pm »

Was just watching COSMOS, and they showed a short bit on Carl Sagan, who talked about the effects of climate change for many years.

Interesting fact; since Sagan talked about it in 1980, we have released over 400 Billion tons more CO2 into the atmosphere.

800 trillion pounds.

Sounds like a lot.  Actually, it is a lot.....

NDGT is really making those deniers' heads explode.  It's been amusing to watch.  As well as the creationists.  Smart dude.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #342 on: June 03, 2014, 07:44:45 am »

NDGT is really making those deniers' heads explode.  It's been amusing to watch.  As well as the creationists.  Smart dude.

On a par with Sagan.  Very smart.

That is about a 30 year time frame (given when the show was in production) - then it makes me wonder how much was released since 1800 when coal burning started getting big?  And the massive deforestation of the tropics - another big CO2 release point that many don't even consider but I'm betting it is extremely high.

One good mega-volcano would go a long way toward "resetting" the clock and giving a reprieve....

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #343 on: July 17, 2014, 01:10:12 am »

Wednesday's weather was strange. Wet, chilly, and just dreary. Is it the fault of global warming? Climate change? Polar vortex? Bush? Not sure.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #344 on: July 17, 2014, 04:37:07 am »

Often whenever it's colder than usual in one place, it's hotter than usual in another.  Regardless of the cause, I am going to enjoy this cool weather.  Noticed DECOPOLIS and Lassalles next door were busier than usual yesterday.  Be nice if it stays that way all week.  Smiley

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 61   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org