A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:15:28 pm
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 61   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Global Warming/Climate Change/Global Weirding?  (Read 441391 times)
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #180 on: December 19, 2011, 11:09:14 pm »

Which you have used often enough that I no longer accept any data you post without independent verification.

Reminds me of this:

"There are lies, there are damned lies, then there are statistics"....

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #181 on: December 19, 2011, 11:21:36 pm »

Which you have used often enough that I no longer accept any data you post without independent verification.

Oh, and by the way...I am hurt to the quick!!  What a cruel thought to have let alone express in public!!!

(LOL)
Better?

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #182 on: December 20, 2011, 10:44:41 am »

Oh, and by the way...I am hurt to the quick!!  What a cruel thought to have let alone express in public!!!
(LOL)
Better?

I do not expect my rejection of any data you post to affect you in the least.  It was merely a notification that you have cried wolf once too often.  That story has been around long enough that it should not be affected by your Alzheimer's.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #183 on: December 20, 2011, 11:14:22 am »

I do not expect my rejection of any data you post to affect you in the least.  It was merely a notification that you have cried wolf once too often.  That story has been around long enough that it should not be affected by your Alzheimer's.

What?  I never cry wolf.  I just report the facts.  Sometimes with a little literary exaggeration for effect...

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #184 on: December 20, 2011, 12:25:57 pm »

What?  I never cry wolf.  I just report the facts.  Sometimes with a little literary exaggeration for effect...

Whatever.

dbacks fan
« Reply #185 on: December 20, 2011, 12:52:39 pm »

Sometimes with a little literary exaggeration for effect...

Work for Faux News do ya?
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #186 on: January 04, 2012, 01:52:45 pm »

The world's first hybrid sharks have been discovered in substantial numbers off the coast of Australia, and scientists say it may be an indication the creatures are adapting to climate change.

http://lightyears.blogs.cnn.com/2012/01/02/scientists-dozens-of-hybrid-sharks-found-off-australia/?npt=NP1

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #187 on: January 04, 2012, 01:57:01 pm »

The world's first hybrid sharks have been discovered in substantial numbers off the coast of Australia, and scientists say it may be an indication the creatures are adapting to climate change.

http://lightyears.blogs.cnn.com/2012/01/02/scientists-dozens-of-hybrid-sharks-found-off-australia/?npt=NP1

I saw that story on the tele this morning.

It could just as easily simply mean that one breed of shark mated with another.  Ever consider that?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #188 on: January 04, 2012, 02:03:53 pm »

The McRib is no longer available at McDonalds after January. . .

. . .it may be the result of climate change.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #189 on: January 04, 2012, 02:24:54 pm »

Work for Faux News do ya?

I certainly could - but that would mean making the gigantic leap from literary license to full blown (and I do mean blown!) lying.  Just not my style.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #190 on: January 04, 2012, 02:25:46 pm »

I saw that story on the tele this morning.

It could just as easily simply mean that one breed of shark mated with another.  Ever consider that?

End of the world stuff.... dogs and cats living together...

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #191 on: January 04, 2012, 02:28:37 pm »

The McRib is no longer available at McDonalds after January. . .

. . .it may be the result of climate change.

I blame Bush.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #192 on: January 04, 2012, 02:37:23 pm »

I blame Fuckishima.....
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #193 on: January 04, 2012, 03:36:01 pm »

Do the sharks have freaking laser beams on their heads?

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #194 on: March 23, 2012, 12:27:20 pm »

BREAKING: Attention Liberals Global Warming, Climate Change, Global Weirding, Global Climate Catastrophe is now to be referred to as Global Climate Disruption.

That is all.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/jamesdelingpole/100054012/global-warming-is-dead-long-live-er-global-climate-disruption/

President Obama's Climate Czar John Holdren is very excited about this new term because it fits very well into conversation at dinner parties where they serve small glasses of champaign, eat toast-points with cucumber and discuss the weather.

I like this new term because it's friendly and unassuming.  The concept of "disruption" almost promises a return to normalcy.  It's like a cloud has simply moved in front of our satellite dish and the picture has gone a little wonky but will return soon.

I have big hopes for the new Global Climate Disruption. 

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 61   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org