A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:13:35 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 11th St. Lofts  (Read 6160 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« on: August 10, 2010, 09:44:07 am »

Nice article in the paper this morning and a reminder of good news on the building on the south side of 11th & Columbia

http://www.tulsaworld.com/scene/article.aspx?subjectid=370&articleid=20100810_43_D1_CUTLIN726853&allcom=1

Also good pics on Rwarn's blog:

http://rwarn17588.wordpress.com/2010/03/03/revival-of-hotel-building-begins/

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
kylieosu
Civic Leader

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 10:22:49 am »

These look fantastic. Unfortunately they are a little out of my current price range, but if I could afford it, I'd be extremely interested in living there.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 02:53:29 pm »

This is great for 11th St. and the TU area.  Hopefully its success will mean more development along this corridor.  A streetscape with rebuilt sidewalks and trees would go a long way here...

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2010, 04:27:58 pm »

More new development at 11th & Columbia.  Is this all in the Casa Loma building, the lofts in the first article and the Designer Showcase and future hotel in the article below? 

http://www.tulsaworld.com/scene/article.aspx?subjectid=371&articleid=20101011_371_0_Aroomf945575

Casa Loma

TURobY
Social Butterfly
City Father

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2010, 09:45:42 am »

The lofts are about half-a-mile further to the West from the Max Campbell building.

---Robert
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2010, 09:49:25 am »

I am really happy to see something finally happen with this building.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
TURobY
Social Butterfly
City Father

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2010, 10:02:58 am »

I am really happy to see something finally happen with this building.
Me too, considering that it is in my neighborhood and only a couple blocks away from my house!

---Robert
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2010, 10:09:23 am »

Me too, considering that it is in my neighborhood and only a couple blocks away from my house!

I've watched that building have a middling existence for well over 30 years and always feared it would be destroyed at some point either as part of the Bama or TU creep or simply from neglect.  Seems like Michael Bates had posted photos before of this building with a Safeway in the west end of it.  I really cannot wait to tour the finished product.  I'm totally stoked it's going to be a Designer Showcase this year.

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2010, 12:52:11 pm »

11th needs more of these types of projects from downtown to TU, both rehabs and new infill.  I've said it before but a streetscape with trees, pavers, and sidewalks could really make a big impact.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2010, 12:58:17 pm »

11th needs more of these types of projects from downtown to TU, both rehabs and new infill.  I've said it before but a streetscape with trees, pavers, and sidewalks could really make a big impact.

I'd love it if that worked but have you taken a gander at the streetscaping on Brookside?  The trees and lamposts all along the middle of the road are gone.
PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2010, 10:45:46 am »

I'm excited to see work being done on the old Casa Loma building on 11th.  It's great that people are finally recognizing the value in the buildings on 11th.  It's always been a mystery to me why they haven't been "discovered" before now.  Especially since they're on Rt 66.  Very cool!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org