A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:51:48 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rain Barrel  (Read 4602 times)
rdj
City Father

« on: August 03, 2010, 05:06:03 pm »

I'm planning on putting in a rain barrel to help water potted plants and other garden beds during hot dry times like we are in now.  I've seen kits at the various home stores around town.  I've also found several DIY options online.  I'd like to try one of the DIY options.  But, I need a large plastic barrel.  Anyone know of a place in town to score one of these on the cheap?  Some sites suggest a car wash.  Any suggestions there?

Anyone have a rain barrel and find it useful?  Waste of time?

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2010, 08:04:40 pm »

I buy 100 drums a year from Sooner Container.

234-0081

Power is nothing till you use it.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 06:44:23 am »

I'm planning on putting in a rain barrel to help water potted plants and other garden beds during hot dry times like we are in now.  I've seen kits at the various home stores around town.  I've also found several DIY options online.  I'd like to try one of the DIY options.  But, I need a large plastic barrel.  Anyone know of a place in town to score one of these on the cheap?  Some sites suggest a car wash.  Any suggestions there?

Anyone have a rain barrel and find it useful?  Waste of time?

Sam's has them in the garden section.  They have a nice built in planter on the top, and are very nice looking.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
havewemet
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 08:40:12 am »

Even stores like Wal-Mart are catching on, and many home improvement stores have really beautiful rain barrels, from glazed and unglazed terra cotta to old-fashioned wooden ones, and even some that look like trees and rocks. Here are some examples:

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org