A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:21:17 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2006 microburst at TIA  (Read 2709 times)
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« on: July 25, 2010, 12:08:31 am »

Does anyone remember this?  I don't seem to, but it would be hard to fake this, I'd think.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDLyssxqabc[/youtube]

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 12:47:08 am »

NCDC does. It was a 70kt thunderstorm wind that "damaged four airplanes at Tulsa International Airport and broke out car windows." It caused about $500,000 in damage.

It shortly followed a tornado just southwest of the airport, which "severely damaged a hotel near the airport injuring seven people, damaged covered parking at the airport, snapped trees, and turned over a sports utility vehicle at the airport" and damaged seventy-five other cars, causing $250,000 in damage.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 08:42:44 am »

http://www.tulsanow.org/forum/index.php?topic=3571.0

There was a longer thread, and a better, unedited copy of the surveillance cam video at one time.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 08:52:22 am by patric » Logged

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2010, 10:07:52 am »

http://www.tulsanow.org/forum/index.php?topic=3571.0

There was a longer thread, and a better, unedited copy of the surveillance cam video at one time.

Found the link to the TW article..guess they categorized it afterwards as an F1 tornado.  Pretty weird stuff.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?no=subj&articleid=060403_To_A1_Small15216&archive=yes

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2010, 09:56:49 pm »

I remember that storm (amazing, huh?) because of the small localized, but intense damage, but did not see the video before.  Whew!!  Wild ride.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org