A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:54:25 am
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Local urban legends  (Read 26860 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2010, 11:02:16 am »

So I emailed Eric Marshall to see if he was related, and I loved his response. He asked me if I was related to Ted Nugent. So no connection.

Got a taste of the the Marshall sense of humor, eh?  I'd wondered at first a few years back, must be a yeast connection along with the last name.

What is it about Nugent all the sudden.  I was in Waco yesterday and remembered the Nuge has a ranch down there, then on the way back this morning I heard the ad for his show at the Cain's, now this.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
dbacks fan
« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2010, 12:29:22 pm »

Got a taste of the the Marshall sense of humor, eh?  I'd wondered at first a few years back, must be a yeast connection along with the last name.

What is it about Nugent all the sudden.  I was in Waco yesterday and remembered the Nuge has a ranch down there, then on the way back this morning I heard the ad for his show at the Cain's, now this.

It took me a moment when I first read it, and then got it. Made me laugh.

That's three Nuge references in a short period of time, and you know what they say about three's.
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #47 on: July 16, 2010, 12:32:38 pm »

It took me a moment when I first read it, and then got it. Made me laugh.

That's three Nuge references in a short period of time, and you know what they say about three's.
that their more then two's and less than four's?
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2010, 12:33:26 am »

a good list of oklahoma UL's
http://theshadowlands.net/places/oklahoma.htm
PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2010, 01:59:58 pm »

The Tulsa Little Theater (15th and Delaware) is supposed to be haunted.  (People who worked for Theatre Tulsa back in the 80's swore to this.)

Also, there's some story about the "elevated" parking lot on 21st between Boston and Main.  (Used to be the Shriner's parking lot).  The rumor had something to do with an old mansion and its haunted basement or something, and when they tore down the mansion, they just filled in the basement.  Thus, the parking lot is higher than the street.  (I can't remember this one exactly...but someone on this forum will know.)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2010, 03:09:02 pm »

The Tulsa Little Theater (15th and Delaware) is supposed to be haunted.  (People who worked for Theatre Tulsa back in the 80's swore to this.)

Also, there's some story about the "elevated" parking lot on 21st between Boston and Main.  (Used to be the Shriner's parking lot).  The rumor had something to do with an old mansion and its haunted basement or something, and when they tore down the mansion, they just filled in the basement.  Thus, the parking lot is higher than the street.  (I can't remember this one exactly...but someone on this forum will know.)

We promoted a show with Southern Culture On The Skids and Billy Joe Winghead there about three or four years ago.  I heard and saw all sorts of strange smile after the show, but I don't think it had anything to do with the place being haunted.  Roll Eyes

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org