A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:12:55 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spiciest (Heat) Food in Tulsa  (Read 21248 times)
guido911
T-Town Elder

« on: July 24, 2010, 12:48:18 pm »

Okay fireeaters or chiliheads, what's the spiciest food in town?

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
jne
Philanthropist

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2010, 03:15:47 pm »

Why don't you just go on down to India Palace and ask for the Vindaloo HOT!  I think that will put an end to this discussion.

Vote for the two party system!
-one one Friday and one on Saturday.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2010, 03:53:03 pm »

Why don't you just go on down to India Palace and ask for the Vindaloo HOT!  I think that will put an end to this discussion.

I'll have to give that shot. I am on the hunt to find the spiciest food in the area. As I just wrote in another thread, just had Thai Village's "hot". Very impressed with the food. The heat? Not so much.

Patrick
Activist

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2010, 12:14:23 pm »

I spoke with the Thai Village owner when we went there the first time.  Their highest level of 'hot' on the menu isn't the highest.  He mentioned the cooks and his family typically ask for 'Thai-hot', which I guess is the spiciest they offer.

EDIT:  Just saw your post on Thai Village here.  Good luck with the Thai hot next visit, you are braver than I am!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 12:16:10 pm by Patrick » Logged
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2010, 01:31:19 pm »

I spoke with the Thai Village owner when we went there the first time.  Their highest level of 'hot' on the menu isn't the highest.  He mentioned the cooks and his family typically ask for 'Thai-hot', which I guess is the spiciest they offer.

EDIT:  Just saw your post on Thai Village here.  Good luck with the Thai hot next visit, you are braver than I am!

I just love heat. Here is where I buy my hot sauce:

http://www.extremefood.com/shop/home.php

bugo
Civic Leader

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2010, 03:42:41 pm »

What's the hottest BBQ in Tulsa?  I nominate Big Daddy's in Jenks and the late Knotty Pine on Charles Page Blvd.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2010, 04:40:14 pm »

Joe Momma's Incinerator deserves some mention.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2010, 07:04:45 pm »

Joe Momma's Incinerator deserves some mention.

I went to the web page to look at this item.  It deserves mention.

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2010, 07:32:06 am »

This is the hottest thing in the world.  We got a dish at the Thai-hot level a few weeks ago when we went with a friend who is Thai.  The steam coming from the dish when it is served is like getting sprayed with mace.  I started crying before ever taking a bite.  I only tasted one bite of his dish and paid for it for the rest of the evening. . . then I paid a little more in the morning.

I love hot stuff, but these guys are nuts!

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2010, 07:36:53 am »

I once ate a hot pepper that burned the hair off my yet-to-be-born kids.

You guys are crazy.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2010, 08:53:52 am »

My GF and I like southwestern and Mexican style cooking quite a bit- the spicier the better, especially anything with chipotle, or green and red chili sauces.  To give you an idea of how much I like spicy food my favorite work-out breakfast is whole oatmeal (the stuff that takes 15 minutes to cook- instant is gross) with two poached eggs and Tabasco sauce and/or hot salsa.  Weird combo, I know, but until you've tried it, don't knock it.

One thing I've found is that hot to Mexican and southwestern cuisine is considerably mild to Indian and Thai.  Like Gaspar, I've had some hot Thai that ruined the rest of the night.  I don't like something that blisters then you can't taste the rest of your food. 

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2010, 09:11:16 am »

My GF and I like southwestern and Mexican style cooking quite a bit- the spicier the better, especially anything with chipotle, or green and red chili sauces.  To give you an idea of how much I like spicy food my favorite work-out breakfast is whole oatmeal (the stuff that takes 15 minutes to cook- instant is gross) with two poached eggs and Tabasco sauce and/or hot salsa.  Weird combo, I know, but until you've tried it, don't knock it.

One thing I've found is that hot to Mexican and southwestern cuisine is considerably mild to Indian and Thai.  Like Gaspar, I've had some hot Thai that ruined the rest of the night.  I don't like something that blisters then you can't taste the rest of your food. 

Not weird at all...I LOVE my eggs with any kind of hot sauce.  HOT Pace Picante sauce (which I do like, and IMO anyone who eats picante at other than hot is not eating real picante sauce), or any Tabasco.  I quit using the Louisiana Hot Sauce because it tastes a bit too salty for me.  I've been on this kick for the last two or three years of trying to avoid foods that are way too salty, and I NEVER add table salt to anything.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2010, 09:31:56 am »

If you're not just thinking restaurants you might try some of the Asian markets in East Tulsa.

There are some Kimchis that I've had to put down and I can handle heat.

I've learned that many places in Oklahoma have had to tone down the heat in order to sell to a wider audience.

I think of that any time I see some Wendy's commercial talking about how hot their spicy chicken sandwich is.

If you like fast Asian, there's a place on the NE corner of Memorial and 51st.  Sorry, I can't remember the name, but it's right there on the edge of Fontana.  Ask for 5 star.  They'll verify that you really mean "5 star".  (disclaimer: it's been over 5 years since I've been there so if it's changed, I apologize.)

we vs us
City Father

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2010, 09:49:13 am »

This is a great time for me to plug my favorite SE Asian restaurant in town, Hmong Cafe, on 31st and Garnett. 

It's a small place, but very clean and the food is outstanding.  My vote for the best Asian in town, hands down. 

They make a spicy duck lahb that's really out of this world. Also, pho to die for. I can't say enough about them, really. 
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2010, 09:51:26 am »

This is a great time for me to plug my favorite SE Asian restaurant in town, Hmong Cafe, on 31st and Garnett. 

It's a small place, but very clean and the food is outstanding.  My vote for the best Asian in town, hands down. 

They make a spicy duck lahb that's really out of this world. Also, pho to die for. I can't say enough about them, really. 

Thanks for the head's up. 
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org