A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:09:58 am
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: (PROJECT) GreenArch  (Read 79717 times)
BookerT.Razorback
Tourist

« Reply #90 on: June 21, 2012, 07:18:21 pm »

I am pretty new to all this, but being stuck here at the UofA, looking at all these development conversations makes me want to come back to good ol' T-town and look at everything. I'm particularly excited about this project, and being an architect major, I can't wait for this to be completed. From what it seems, Tulsa has made some HUGE strides to develop downtown and anything that involves housing is awesome. I cannot wait to come home and see everything! I'm done with my rant now I just want to get more involved!
dbacks fan
« Reply #91 on: June 21, 2012, 08:09:44 pm »

I am pretty new to all this, but being stuck here at the UofA, looking at all these development conversations makes me want to come back to good ol' T-town and look at everything. I'm particularly excited about this project, and being an architect major, I can't wait for this to be completed. From what it seems, Tulsa has made some HUGE strides to develop downtown and anything that involves housing is awesome. I cannot wait to come home and see everything! I'm done with my rant now I just want to get more involved!

Which UofA? Never mind, I had a blonde moment.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 08:19:30 pm by dbacks fan » Logged
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #92 on: June 25, 2012, 07:14:10 am »

Which UofA? Never mind, I had a blonde moment.

I see what you did there.
ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #93 on: July 10, 2012, 01:58:37 pm »

Anyone have any updates?
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #94 on: July 10, 2012, 02:56:42 pm »

Anyone have any updates?

The parking lot is torn up and there is dirt work afoot on the east and south of UHAUL.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #95 on: July 14, 2012, 05:20:54 am »

http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/article.aspx?subjectid=32&articleid=20120714_32_E1_CUTLIN189443

GreenArch brings apartments, retail to Greenwood
More than 80 years have passed since the historic Greenwood district has seen new buildings go up, says Reuben Gant, executive director of the Greenwood Chamber.

"For a long time, there's been no development, just renovation of what was there," he said.

That's all changing with the construction of GreenArch, a $9.5 million project that will combine 70 affordable apartments with nearly 9,500 square feet of retail space on the southwest corner of Archer Street and Greenwood Avenue, across the street from ONEOK Field.

Construction began late last month and should be finished within a year, according to GreenArch LLC, the development entity that includes the Hille Foundation and Greenwood Community Development Corp.

Kajeer Yar, counsel for the Hille Foundation, said the construction stands out from many of the other downtown projects because it's completely funded by private money, rather than using tax incentives or grants.

"We're proud of the fact that we were able to do this with no public funds," he said.

About 86 percent of the $9.5 million is via a bank loan, with the rest from the Hille Foundation, a private Tulsa-based development organization formed in 1997 by Jo Bob and Mary Ann Hille, Yar said.

Another financial goal of GreenArch is to keep rents down. To do that, the developers have worked closely with Manhattan Construction to reduce costs, and became part of the Department of Housing and Urban Development multifamily mortgage guarantee program.

Brian Freese, principal of Freese Architecture, the designer of GreenArch, stressed that the development is not rent-controlled or income-based.

"We wanted to build a place for the working people in downtown, something they can afford," he said.

Rents are expected to be at or near $1 per square foot, with the studio, one-bedroom and two-bedroom apartments ranging from 700 to 1,300 square feet.

Freese said the units are designed with tall ceilings, contemporary materials, clean lines and large windows for an expansive feel.

Six of the 18 two-bedroom units will be two-level. Another six will be "live/work" units that are extra-deep and tailored for artists, craftsmen or other professionals who would want to have shop space where they live, Yar said.

"They're designed in a way that the professional could have a shop or office in the front, with a separate living space in the back," he said.

The 9,500 square feet of pure retail space does not yet have confirmed tenants, although Gant said GreenArch representatives are talking to a regional restaurant group.

"You want something that fits in the area, like Fat Guys Burger Bar or Abears Restaurant does," he said.

The exterior of the building will mix brick masonry on the lower sections with vertical patterns of cement board up above - a design that Freese said will balance old and new.

"We want a look that's respectful of the historic nature of the district but isn't parroting," he said. "We want it to have its own unique feel."

Gant said the Greenwood Community Development Corp. had been pursuing such a development for quite a while.

Originally, it was set to be on land the corporation once held immediately to the north, which is now part of ONEOK Field. The Tulsa Development Authority, original owners of the land where GreenArch is under construction, instituted a land swap in 2009 to clear the way for the ballpark's construction.

Yar and others hope the development is just the beginning for the area.

"We'd like to think GreenArch signifies the growth and potential for the Greenwood district," he said.

edit:  This topic should replace Whiskey Business as a sticky topic.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 05:30:57 am by BKDotCom » Logged
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #96 on: July 16, 2012, 07:38:28 am »

I wonder what happened to Mr Gant's plan for a hotel on the east side of Greenwood?
Weatherdemon
Civic Leader

« Reply #97 on: October 02, 2012, 02:57:12 pm »

They started framing the south end today.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #98 on: October 22, 2012, 11:46:13 am »

Second floor is on now. This is going up pretty quickly.
Weatherdemon
Civic Leader

« Reply #99 on: October 23, 2012, 10:00:47 am »

Second floor is on now. This is going up pretty quickly.

It's hard to tell it looks like they may be pouring the footing for the corner stores.
Weatherdemon
Civic Leader

« Reply #100 on: October 30, 2012, 12:28:20 pm »

3rd floor framing starting.

Looks like steel support beams being put into the ground for the corner store.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #101 on: October 30, 2012, 12:31:42 pm »

Feels like my grandfather's telling a story here.

Pictures available from anyone?
Weatherdemon
Civic Leader

« Reply #102 on: October 30, 2012, 01:19:16 pm »

Feels like my grandfather's telling a story here.

Pictures available from anyone?

Not a great shot but...
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 01:21:33 pm by Weatherdemon » Logged
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #103 on: October 30, 2012, 01:22:31 pm »

Not a great shot but...

Great, thanks.  I have very little imagination and even less memory for the area.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #104 on: October 30, 2012, 02:38:08 pm »

Great, thanks.  I have very little imagination and even less memory for the area.

Its out of shot, but the UHAUL truck is (not-spinning) on that building on the Left hand of the picture if that helps you place it. The street that this new construction is facing is Greenwood and Fat Guy's Burger bar is right down the street.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org