A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:15:31 pm
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: (PROJECT) GreenArch  (Read 79736 times)
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #60 on: February 05, 2012, 12:37:15 pm »

This is one of the best downtown apartment proposals and will be exciting to watch go up.  So much has been happening in the 'central' part of Brady around Archer & Main/Boston and it will be good to see more in the eastern part around the ballpark and Greenwood.

jacobi
Brain owner
Philanthropist

« Reply #61 on: April 09, 2012, 03:06:03 pm »

Not to troll, but I'm really starting to think that this project will not happen.  It will be nice if it does, but I am no longer holding my breath.

ἐγώ ἐλεεινότερος πάντων ἀνθρώπων εἰμί
ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #62 on: April 09, 2012, 03:19:14 pm »

A mí tampoco tambien. Ate at Fat Guy's on Friday and saw no activity, or even a sign.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 08:43:16 pm by ZYX » Logged
jacobi
Brain owner
Philanthropist

« Reply #63 on: April 09, 2012, 03:25:31 pm »

I drive by it every time I go through downtown.  I've just given up on this.  I don't blame them.  Having to deal with the TDA would make anyone give up.

P.S.: Fat Guy's may well be my favorite tulsa spot.  Certainly for hamburgers.

ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #64 on: April 09, 2012, 03:36:34 pm »

I drive by it every time I go through downtown.  I've just given up on this.  I don't blame them.  Having to deal with the TDA would make anyone give up.

P.S.: Fat Guy's may well be my favorite tulsa spot.  Certainly for hamburgers.

Friday was the first time I had ever eaten there. Good Lord almighty it was amazing. I nearly cried when I dropped the last 1/4 of my burger on the ground.  Cry
jacobi
Brain owner
Philanthropist

« Reply #65 on: April 09, 2012, 03:39:37 pm »

I nearly cried when I dropped the last 1/4 of my burger on the ground. 

I physically gasped in horror when I read that.  I'm sorry for your loss.  The good news is, the baseball season is starting up and fat guys will be there to provide beer and burgers.

ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #66 on: April 09, 2012, 03:57:27 pm »

How dare you try to give me beer! That's a crime  Grin. But yes, baseball and Fat Guy's....what could be better?
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #67 on: April 09, 2012, 04:51:37 pm »

I physically gasped in horror when I read that.  I'm sorry for your loss.  The good news is, the baseball season is starting up and fat guys will be there to provide beer and burgers.

I will be there this Friday (both Fat Guy's and ballgame, if the weather doesn't piss on it).  It will be a first for me for both.  Suggestions for the burger place?

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
dioscorides
Civic Leader

« Reply #68 on: April 09, 2012, 05:09:31 pm »

I will be there this Friday (both Fat Guy's and ballgame, if the weather doesn't piss on it).  It will be a first for me for both.  Suggestions for the burger place?

unless you get a kid's burger, the smallest they have is a double.  my wife and i usually split a cheesburger and regular fries.  they have excellent shakes, as well.  here is the menu, so you can prepare for your visit:

http://www.fatguysburgers.com/menu.php

oh yeah, we usually get the mexican ketchup for the fries.  it is a combination of guacamole and chipotle ketchup.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 05:11:49 pm by dioscorides » Logged

There is an ancient Celtic axiom that says 'Good people drink good beer.' Which is true, then as now. Just look around you in any public barroom and you will quickly see: bad people drink bad beer. Think about it. - Hunter S. Thompson
jacobi
Brain owner
Philanthropist

« Reply #69 on: April 09, 2012, 05:17:23 pm »

It's a really small thing that they due that makes this place really great in my eyes: their toppings, particularly fresh jalapeños.  A burger place that takes the time to mandolin their own fresh (and not pickled) japs shows that they really care about what they do.

pfox
Civic Leader

« Reply #70 on: May 28, 2012, 05:01:21 pm »

Believe it or not...Greenarch breaks ground next week.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/article.aspx?subjectid=499&articleid=20120527_477_E2_Cmecab977245

"Our uniqueness is overshadowed by our inability to be unique."
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #71 on: May 28, 2012, 05:58:54 pm »

Great News, congrats.

And I don't think that you really need to provide a link to assert that it's true, just saying. Is the world going to do a story on it later in the week?
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #72 on: May 28, 2012, 06:35:15 pm »

Yaay!  Will be nice to see this project move forward and begin infilling that area. 

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #73 on: May 28, 2012, 07:04:40 pm »

And the County is spending close to $1M on a new courthouse entrance? Hope it connects to 5th.
ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #74 on: May 28, 2012, 09:29:06 pm »

This is great news! I can't wait to see this going up from my eat at OneOK Field.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org