A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:07:51 am
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: (PROJECT) GreenArch  (Read 79749 times)
ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2011, 03:03:04 pm »

Thanks, so this project is right on schedule. That's a plus.
pfox
Civic Leader

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2011, 09:03:03 pm »

"Our uniqueness is overshadowed by our inability to be unique."
OSU
Activist

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2011, 09:37:29 pm »

I absolutely love the words "Greenwood" and "Archer" on the corner roof line...I'm a sucker for detail.

ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2011, 10:52:02 pm »

Those renderings are beautiful. I espescially like how the building wraps around the corner. Can't wait to see these go up!
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2011, 10:57:50 pm »

Those renderings are beautiful. I espescially like how the building wraps around the corner. Can't wait to see these go up!

Great vantage points to watch baseball from also...

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2011, 09:46:41 am »

Looking good, can't wait to see it start going up.  Will be nice to see the Tribune (or whatever its called) lofts, the Mathews Warehouse project and this all being worked on at the same time.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Gonesouth1234
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2011, 07:36:09 am »

One unique feature are the ground floor live work units on Greenwood.  The idea was to continue the Greenwood storefronts to the south, but allowing living space in the units as well...so they will be perfect home/office, home/retail, home/studio spaces...work in front, live in the back.

This is one great start towards getting a resident population in the downtown area, as well as providing an avenue that will allow retail business owners that are working on a tight budget to participate in a new market area.
But the chicken and the egg.  There still needs to be a grocery in the area, preferably in safe walking distance for the new "pioneers". 
Wasn't there something on the jungle telegraph that one might be put in the 2nd and Detroit area?  Or was that just some speculating on the part of one of the developers/ re-developers of one of the buildings down there.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2011, 08:02:54 am »

There still needs to be a grocery in the area, preferably in safe walking distance for the new "pioneers". 
Wasn't there something on the jungle telegraph that one might be put in the 2nd and Detroit area?  Or was that just some speculating on the part of one of the developers/ re-developers of one of the buildings down there.

There was at least one attempt by Brickhuggers to put a grocery in but the OK liquor laws prevented it.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2011, 08:03:21 am »

This is one great start towards getting a resident population in the downtown area, as well as providing an avenue that will allow retail business owners that are working on a tight budget to participate in a new market area.
But the chicken and the egg.  There still needs to be a grocery in the area, preferably in safe walking distance for the new "pioneers". 

There is a small grocery proposed for the first floor of the Detroit Lofts at Detroit & Archer.  I don't know the current status of it.  There needs to be a full-service grocery closer to downtown though.  

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2011, 08:05:29 am »

There is a small grocery proposed for the first floor of the Detroit Lofts at Detroit & Archer.  I don't know the current status of it.  There needs to be a full-service grocery closer to downtown though.  

That would be the attempt by Brickhuggers.  At least per Macy, the wine/strong beer situation is an issue.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2011, 08:13:11 am »

I'll add that I really like the design of this development but instead of beige aluminum panel siding maybe something more silver?  It appears the brick on the first floor matches the brick on the storefronts along Greenwood which would be a nice touch.  It also appears the streetscape currently along Greenwood will be extended south of Archer to the tracks, possibly all the way to 1st? 

If this project is successful I hope the developer looks at the site at the corner of Archer & Elgin for a similar development.  That would have even better skyline/ballpark views.  Also the parking lot west of the ballpark between Archer and Brady would be perfect for mixed-use retail/residential or retail/office. 

ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2011, 10:24:27 am »

I'll add that I really like the design of this development but instead of beige aluminum panel siding maybe something more silver?  It appears the brick on the first floor matches the brick on the storefronts along Greenwood which would be a nice touch.  It also appears the streetscape currently along Greenwood will be extended south of Archer to the tracks, possibly all the way to 1st? 

If this project is successful I hope the developer looks at the site at the corner of Archer & Elgin for a similar development.  That would have even better skyline/ballpark views.  Also the parking lot west of the ballpark between Archer and Brady would be perfect for mixed-use retail/residential or retail/office. 

I would also like to see something along these lines on the lot right across the street. That lot is huge and could accomodate a development opportunity not available on a regular sized block downtown.

Also, I really like the beige aluminum. Keeps the whole thing subtle but still modern.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2011, 11:21:07 am »

There is a hotel/mixed use concept planned for the east side of Greenwood.
TheTed
City Father

« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2011, 11:44:44 am »

That's disappointing about the grocery store at the Detroit Lofts. Even the nearest grocer to downtown, Reasor's, closes at night. So I don't even shop there. The nearest 24-hour grocery store is 46th and Peoria.

The snowstorms the past few winters really reinforced the lack of downtown residents, what with literally everything closing. Once we get some downtown residents, maybe restaurants/bars will still be open when it snows, like in major urban centers.

That whole area around the ballpark is developing at a glacial pace. Didn't various stakeholders buy up those properties, and why is nothing happening?

Still ugly surface lots, industrial stuff, etc. all around the ballpark. Plus we still don't have through sidewalks to the ballpark from the Blue Dome up Elgin nor from the Brady on the south side of Brady.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 11:47:32 am by TheTed » Logged

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2011, 02:13:57 pm »

Still ugly surface lots, industrial stuff, etc. all around the ballpark. Plus we still don't have through sidewalks to the ballpark from the Blue Dome up Elgin nor from the Brady on the south side of Brady.

It would be really nice to see the streetscape along Elgin next to the ballpark extended to the south to meet the streetscape at 1st & Elgin.  That connection by the tracks needs some work.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org