A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:16:09 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Orange Leaf  (Read 5001 times)
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« on: July 19, 2010, 01:56:52 pm »

Ok, I've never been a big frogurt fan, but we went to the new Orange Leaf this weekend on 71st and Memorial because we have one opening near our house in the next couple of weeks and wanted to check it out.

All I can say is it's really really good.  Self serve, dozens of flavors, some quite obscure like Tarro and Kiwi.  They also have tons of toppings, but not the same old garbage you find at other frozen yogurt places.  They have fresh blueberries, huge raspberries, several other fruits, and nuts that actually taste good (the almonds were toasted). 

You can get both low fat and fat free offerings, and since you help yourself, you can basically fill your little bucket with 20 different flavors if you want.  The quality of the product is really good, more like a gelato than frogurt.

I liked it.   Smiley

http://www.orangeleafyogurt.com/

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 02:04:49 pm »

Better/worse than Fresh Berry?

Just noticed they are HQ'd out of Oklahoma City, at least that's the address on the franchise application.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 02:07:20 pm by Conan71 » Logged

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 02:34:49 pm »

Better/worse than Fresh Berry?

Just noticed they are HQ'd out of Oklahoma City, at least that's the address on the franchise application.

Better, cheaper, more selection, better toppings. 

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 03:24:18 pm »

Better, cheaper, more selection, better toppings. 

Hmmm, anyone else seeing a pattern here?  BB has been doing a little more belt-tightening at HQ, I'm told.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
tulsa_fan
Civic Leader

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2010, 10:19:05 pm »

The one at 81st & Harvard is open.  I'll have to try it.  We have been to one at the Tulsa Hills, Cherry, Peach, whatever its called, but I like it.  Hopefully when it's not so stinking hot, we will all walk to ride bikes to the one at 81st and actually work off some of the calories!!  Of course, scares me having my kids riding their bikes there, not a bike friendly way to get there! 

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2010, 07:49:49 am »

Yogurt is alive. I try to not eat live foods.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org