A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:34:55 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Digital Murals  (Read 12164 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2010, 09:51:53 am »

Yep, I believe William has about 14:58 left...

Wink

Yeah, but he's got more talent in his left pinkie than Warhol ever had  Grin

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2010, 12:32:25 pm »

Do you do mustaches?

I have a picture on the wall at the Post Office that I'd like a mustache and perhaps eye patch added to.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2010, 12:33:11 pm »

Oh crap!  I have a mustache. 

Do you remove them?

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2010, 03:51:53 pm »

You should see my Dale Jr Fatheads. Now thats art. lol

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Agatha
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2010, 04:29:13 pm »

Wow on the website it says they do hand painted murals for about 30.00 a square foot.  Wish I could get that rate here in Tulsa. I am about what their install for a digital print is lol. I can't compete with a printed version when its a small and intricate painting "like dogs playing poker" lol, but when its a larger size and or less intricate,,, the larger it is, the more competitive my rates become.

Just finished this one week before last.  Was custom, one of a kind, hand painted.  Made the figure resemble the ladies daughter, and in the other one had the 2 girls dancing be the grand daughters. Each one was about 5'  or 6' wide by 12' tall = 120' and got 1,600 for the pair which = about 13.00 per sq foot.  

If I could double the rate I get for something like that and get say 25.00 a sq ft, I would be in hog heaven. If you all need another artist. Give me a ring.  

Here is some of my other work.  Kids rooms can be real fun and you can do a large space without it costing too much even if its custom.

This one was very simple and covered a full wall and part of 2 others. Would cost about 800.00  But again, though large was very simple, mostly easy breasy background stuff. Creates a wonderful look though.

This one had more detail and would go for about 1,200.00

Then I can do things that are definitely more intricate and would cost more, but the ability to do super custom, one of a kind work, and to really make it perfectly fit a spot "like around a doorway or in a uniquely shaped ceiling" can make a big difference.

Or you can wrap a custom, one of a kind mural around an entire room. No matter what the shape or size of the spaces, doors, windows, etc.

Can't compete with a printer on a smaller scaled item.  But larger scaled ones, I can still hold my own, and while creating something totally unique and one of a kind. Guess I am gonna have to update the old website here soon to keep up with the new kids on the block.  And may have to lower my prices ta boot, or buy a printer lol. 
My name is Olga I'm owner of Decor Sensation (digital mural), Agatha is my daughter. We work together.
Your work is great. Keep going!
When I was in your age I was full of enthusiasm, energy and hope. I worked for nothing too, but now since I'm about 50 years old I employed a printer to help me out. Smiley
For more than 25 years of painting I collected a huge gallery of my paintings and I decided to give them a second chance with my new idea.
I plan to work all over the country, so if you have a digital images of your murals I can print it for you on our film for wall application. Please do not confuse it with the wall paper. This is an absolutely different technique.
These are some of my paintings. By the way in Tulsa I sold very few of my work for the last 18 years. Grin (very tough place to sell art). My customers are mostly located on either the West and East coast. My web site: http://www.art-by-olga.com

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org