A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:15:23 pm
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Digital Murals  (Read 12167 times)
Agatha
« on: July 18, 2010, 08:37:05 am »

I'm starting a new business in Tulsa called Decor Sensation. Its a digital mural application technique.
Please check out our website http://www.decorsensation.com to get a better idea. We can come to your location and install a mural ourselves (if you live in the tulsa area) or we can send you the image and materials for you to apply this by yourself. For the second option you should check out the DIY part of the website to see what you would have to do.

It about $15-20 per sq. foot, but a whole lot cheaper than a hand painted one.

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2010, 08:49:32 am »

How big can you make that "Dogs playing Poker" picture?

Power is nothing till you use it.
Agatha
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2010, 03:33:07 pm »

That's a nice choice. I would have to do some checking. Right now I can get this version

I guessing this would be going in your living room   Grin
What size are you hoping for?
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2010, 04:34:28 pm »

My wife would never allow it in the living room. She doesn't even allow my poker buddies to wear shoes in the house.

I am thinking maybe 4' x 6' on a wall in the garage. Then it would near all my other possessions. I am king of the garage and can do anything I want there.

Agatha
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2010, 05:09:39 pm »

That will be great. I figure that the best size without distorting the image would be about 3.5' X 5'. This size will cost $262.50, but I can round it down to $250 for you. I would need about a week to get everything ready. Do you live in Tulsa?
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2010, 11:17:11 pm »

Wow on the website it says they do hand painted murals for about 30.00 a square foot.  Wish I could get that rate here in Tulsa. I am about what their install for a digital print is lol. I can't compete with a printed version when its a small and intricate painting "like dogs playing poker" lol, but when its a larger size and or less intricate,,, the larger it is, the more competitive my rates become.

Just finished this one week before last.  Was custom, one of a kind, hand painted.  Made the figure resemble the ladies daughter, and in the other one had the 2 girls dancing be the grand daughters. Each one was about 5'  or 6' wide by 12' tall = 120' and got 1,600 for the pair which = about 13.00 per sq foot.  

If I could double the rate I get for something like that and get say 25.00 a sq ft, I would be in hog heaven. If you all need another artist. Give me a ring.  

Here is some of my other work.  Kids rooms can be real fun and you can do a large space without it costing too much even if its custom.

This one was very simple and covered a full wall and part of 2 others. Would cost about 800.00  But again, though large was very simple, mostly easy breasy background stuff. Creates a wonderful look though.

This one had more detail and would go for about 1,200.00

Then I can do things that are definitely more intricate and would cost more, but the ability to do super custom, one of a kind work, and to really make it perfectly fit a spot "like around a doorway or in a uniquely shaped ceiling" can make a big difference.

Or you can wrap a custom, one of a kind mural around an entire room. No matter what the shape or size of the spaces, doors, windows, etc.

Can't compete with a printer on a smaller scaled item.  But larger scaled ones, I can still hold my own, and while creating something totally unique and one of a kind. Guess I am gonna have to update the old website here soon to keep up with the new kids on the block.  And may have to lower my prices ta boot, or buy a printer lol. 
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 11:23:45 pm by TheArtist » Logged

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2010, 06:10:08 am »

Those are beautiful. I need to talk to you about a custom picture that includes dogs and playing cards.

My daughter wants all the dogs to be pugs and I want the game to be Texas hold-em.

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2010, 06:17:09 am »

1. It's wallpaper. It's not digital. Coming from a digital image doesn't make it digital anymore than reading what I'm typing makes your thoughts digital.
2. I assume your bonded and insured before you go into client's home. I'm hoping person who you bought your insurance through doesn't look at your website and see you climbing a ladder in flip-flops.
3. Spellcheck.
4. Perhaps "touch up mistakes" shouldn't be the last step in the install process.
5. While your instructions seem to show a film being applied to a wall, your site says no film is left on the wall. You even mention dealing with trapped bubbles under the non-film.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2010, 06:28:29 am »

Artist,

I'd like to know what it would cost to get a mural of RM and his barefoot buddies playing poker for my dog's house.  It would be small, about 4' by 3', and the working conditions would be cramped.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 07:30:41 am by Gaspar » Logged

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2010, 06:36:22 am »

Don't do it, Artist. He already has my picture in most of the rooms in his house. Don't be a party to the protective order.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2010, 08:13:49 am »

Artist, what's the location where that last image is. I can swear I've seen it but can't place it.

Are things starting to pick up again for you?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Agatha
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2010, 08:37:29 am »

Wow Artist, those are really amazing. You should definitely be getting paid more.
The pictures with the film in them is really a snapshot of the process. The film gets removed leaving a very thin layer of ink mixed with a special backing and since not every wall is smooth there maybe areas where you have to go over with something soft.
The ladder and flip-flop picture was taken inside our own house and we would never do that on a work site. The "touch up mistakes" is there for people who want to try installing one of these by themselves. It can be a tricky process if your not careful. 
And finally we call it "digital murals" because this is what the process is known as. There is one other company (TattooWall) that prints out murals in the US and they easily charges more then twice as much as we do. This is because they have to purchase their supplies from a different source and use solvent printers. We have created our own technique that is the same in principle but a completely different process and we are able to use normal inkjet and is environmental friendly.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2010, 08:39:20 am »

I think the last picture is found in the lobby of Cancer Treatment Center.

Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2010, 09:10:47 am »

TheArtist has also been on national TV on ABC.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2010, 09:14:37 am »

TheArtist has also been on national TV on ABC.

Yep, I believe William has about 14:58 left...

Wink

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org