A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:56:45 am
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sally Kern's new opponent, Finkle/Einhorn  (Read 18440 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2010, 06:20:48 pm »

So true, Ed!  But there must be something important about those other bits... Something must explain why Oklahoma ranks 49th in the nation for women serving in the state legislature...

Simultaneously (what a surprise!) Oklahoma ranks near the bottom of all states for women's issues such as health and well being, insurance coverage, reproductive rights, equitable pay, college education, business ownership, etc.

Sadly, Sally Kern proves that not every woman is an advocate for women...or Oklahomans in general.

It could also be that women are too smart to run for State Senate and State House and leave that foolishness to the cavemen of our state.

There's a strong possibility we may wind up with the first female/female gubernatorial race in our state history and we've had two strong female mayors in Tulsa, we have a female on the county commission, we have female judges, and other elected officials.  A fairer yardstick would be to see how many women file for office vs. how many win their campaigns.  I think they've had pretty good success.

Now as far as Sally Kern, she's an advocate for women, just not the gay ones, athiest ones, aldulterous ones, harlots, okay, I'll shut up now.  Personally, I'd love to see Miss Novotny win that race.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
DanoDan
Citizen

« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2010, 10:13:34 am »

Since a real man couldn't beat Sally Kern in 2008, I can't see how anyone else can beat he unless he or she promises to out Sally, Sally, and that would only make things more undesirable.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org