A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:53:22 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Innovative Design in the Heart of Cherry Street! Now Available!  (Read 10180 times)
HollyFrazier
« on: July 12, 2010, 07:20:20 am »

Kevin Stephens Design Group is happy to announce that construction on the 1429 S Quincy Lofts in the heart of the Cherry Street district is now complete! Kevin Stephens has been actively taking part in the exciting urban renewal that has been sweeping through Tulsa the last few years with his innovative design and eco-conscious housing.

The lofts are located in a modern 5-unit condo development in the Cherry street restaurant and shopping district of mid-town Tulsa, OK with views of the downtown skyline. These 2 bed/2 bath 1280 s.f. units are available for rent at $1695 mo. or for sale at $595K. They include: roof deck with hot tub, smart wiring for household computer and entertainment networking, custom made solid wood cabinets, granite counter tops, stainless steel appliances, hardwood floors, stone tile in bathrooms, private courtyard, living room, dining room, kitchen, master suite with a large bathroom, guest suite, and a 1 car garage. Call 415-509-5661 for questions!

Check out Kevin’s website here: http://www.kevinstephensdesign.com/

and

Tulsa Business Journal Article here:http://www.tulsabusiness.com/article.asp?aID=34253049.8519961.667433.5027696.9454077.870&aID2=51332

* Melk Lofts.jpg (11.53 KB - downloaded 465 times.)
* 1429_quincy_lower.jpg (26.69 KB - downloaded 453 times.)
* 1429_quincy_main.jpg (24.33 KB - downloaded 453 times.)
* 1429_quincy_upper.jpg (27.03 KB - downloaded 449 times.)
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 07:37:41 am »

You've already posted this twice. Stop the spam.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 07:40:39 am »

$465 /sf.

Nice little floor plan, does it come with any external storage space?

Just a one car garage?

I'll wait.  The prices came down on the original units built there.  These should come down in a couple of years too.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2010, 07:46:09 am »

1280 sq. ft. for almost $600K?  Wow! I need to be in that racket!

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
dbacks fan
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2010, 09:33:04 am »

$465 /sf.

Nice little floor plan, does it come with any external storage space?

Just a one car garage?

I'll wait.  The prices came down on the original units built there.  These should come down in a couple of years too.

There's hardly any interior storage space.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2010, 10:24:40 am »

There's hardly any interior storage space.

Sure there is if you just pile your smile on the floor.  Roll Eyes

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2010, 11:57:43 am »

This may fly in dense East Coast and West Coast markets, but it has never worked here, and it has been tried over and over again.  Heck, we've had this exact discussion over and over again over the years.  We've watched what happens with each of these.  Eventually they sell, or become a corporate lease for a fraction of the original asking price.

We are a consumer driven home market, not a designer driven market.  It's like someone plopped a high-end San Francisco loft condo in the middle of Tulsa and wants a San Francisco price. 

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2010, 12:35:50 pm »

This may fly in dense East Coast and West Coast markets, but it has never worked here, and it has been tried over and over again.  Heck, we've had this exact discussion over and over again over the years.  We've watched what happens with each of these.  Eventually they sell, or become a corporate lease for a fraction of the original asking price.

We are a consumer driven home market, not a designer driven market.  It's like someone plopped a high-end San Francisco loft condo in the middle of Tulsa and wants a San Francisco price. 

Maybe there's a great view of The Bay from these they haven't told us about yet  Cool

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2010, 01:21:39 pm »

Tulsan's will pay these prices for similar square footage in desirable areas.  But they need to be built of high quality materials, have plenty of storage space, have large bedrooms and bathrooms, and 2 car garage.  I looked at these when I was searching for a place and those things stood out to me.  The downtown views are fantastic though, and they are great if you don't want a yard.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2010, 03:01:44 pm »

Tulsan's will pay these prices for similar square footage in desirable areas.  But they need to be built of high quality materials, have plenty of storage space, have large bedrooms and bathrooms, and 2 car garage.  I looked at these when I was searching for a place and those things stood out to me.  The downtown views are fantastic though, and they are great if you don't want a yard.

For $595K worth of cramped space, I'd better be looking at something more compelling than the Tulsa city skyline. 

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2010, 03:20:42 pm »

You can still get several of the cool old bungalows down there for about half the price.

Granted, they're not Eco-licious.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 03:22:56 pm by Gaspar » Logged

TURobY
Social Butterfly
City Father

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2010, 03:37:58 pm »

You can still get several of the cool old bungalows down there for about half the price.

Granted, they're not Eco-licious.

Way less than half the price. Maybe around 1/3rd of the price.

---Robert
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2010, 03:40:46 pm »

Way less than half the price. Maybe around 1/3rd of the price.

And as for the rent, $1700 is out of sight, that's about what my brother pays, if not even more. And he has a two story, two bedroom townhouse with a garage a block from Golden Gate Park in downtown San Francisco.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2010, 03:42:16 pm »

How about a little drift.  Speaking of San Francisco. I came across this today.  It is quite funny.
http://www.sfweekly.com/2009-12-16/news/the-worst-run-big-city-in-the-u-s

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2010, 03:43:09 pm »

And as for the rent, $1700 is out of sight, that's about what my brother pays, if not even more. And he has a two story, two bedroom townhouse with a garage a block from Golden Gate Park in downtown San Francisco.

Now that's a view which is probably well worth the price.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org