A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:16:58 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Smashing Pumpkins are coming to Cain's  (Read 3293 times)
bugo
Civic Leader

« on: August 25, 2010, 01:22:39 am »

This will be an awesome show.  It's on September 24.  They're doing a small venue tour.  Most of the tickets are gone but I got mine yesterday.  I can't wait.
dioscorides
Civic Leader

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 08:13:54 am »

got mine too.  hoping for a great show.

There is an ancient Celtic axiom that says 'Good people drink good beer.' Which is true, then as now. Just look around you in any public barroom and you will quickly see: bad people drink bad beer. Think about it. - Hunter S. Thompson
bugo
Civic Leader

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 02:49:51 pm »

It's sold out.  Be glad you got your tickets.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2010, 08:16:17 pm »

I would go if they played only Smashing Pumpkins and not Smashing Corgan

Iha rules.

IDSPISPOPD
bugo
Civic Leader

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2010, 03:17:56 pm »

The show was great.  Billy seemed really impressed with Cain's and said if they ever do another residency they will do it at Cain's.  He kept talking about Bob Wills.  The only bad thing was the moshers.  A mosher fell into me, and I shoved him as hard as I could, which felt pretty good.

The opening band, Cherri Bomb was pretty good but the second band, Pretty Black Chains was terrible.  One of the worst bands I've ever seen in my life, and I've seen 50+ bands live.
bugo
Civic Leader

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2010, 03:18:55 pm »

I would go if they played only Smashing Pumpkins and not Smashing Corgan
Iha rules.

The new guitarist is better than Iha, who was pretty much worthless.  Without his effects pedals Iha was just a below average guitarist.  His solo record sucked too.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org