A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:14:14 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Obama's closest ally in the business community throws him under the bus  (Read 1594 times)
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« on: June 24, 2010, 08:42:33 am »

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/06/22/AR2010062205279.html

Ivan G. Seidenberg, chief executive of Verizon Communications, said that Democrats in Washington are pursuing tax increases, policy changes and regulatory actions that together threaten to dampen economic growth and "harm our ability . . . to grow private-sector jobs in the U.S."

"In our judgment, we have reached a point where the negative effects of these policies are simply too significant to ignore," Seidenberg said in a lunchtime speech to the Economic Club of Washington. "By reaching into virtually every sector of economic life, government is injecting uncertainty into the marketplace and making it harder to raise capital and create new businesses."

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 09:04:17 am »

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/06/22/AR2010062205279.html

Ivan G. Seidenberg, chief executive of Verizon Communications, said that Democrats in Washington are pursuing tax increases, policy changes and regulatory actions that together threaten to dampen economic growth and "harm our ability . . . to grow private-sector jobs in the U.S."

"In our judgment, we have reached a point where the negative effects of these policies are simply too significant to ignore," Seidenberg said in a lunchtime speech to the Economic Club of Washington. "By reaching into virtually every sector of economic life, government is injecting uncertainty into the marketplace and making it harder to raise capital and create new businesses."

This guy is obviously a racist.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
dbacks fan
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 09:07:45 am »

This guy is obviously a racist.

not taking the bait Roll Eyes
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2010, 09:17:02 am »

Probably just angry about Steve Jobs deal with AT&T. 

Obama was supposed to fix that as part of the trade for his support.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2010, 11:24:00 am »

Please clarify one aspect of this for me, oh, sage ones...

So, if these top earners were to pay something a little closer to what us "small people" pay (40% versus their 16%) it means an increasingly hostile environment for investment and job creation.

Is that what is being said?

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org