A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:59:17 pm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Broken Arrow: Former Walmart (71st and 193rd E. Ave.)  (Read 25403 times)
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2010, 04:49:08 pm »

Wagoner County gets the sales tax from the new Wal-Mart. Thats one of the problems with anything up 71st. The tax is even higher than Tulsa.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Composer
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2010, 05:07:43 pm »

I think by .03 cents so driving further to save .03 cents isn't worth it. 
bugo
Civic Leader

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2010, 06:14:33 pm »

The new Wal-Mart just up the street at the Creek Nation just does not seem to attract that much business.

Where exactly is this?  I'd like to find a Wal Mart that isn't busy all the time for the occasional times that I shop there.  The one on 81st and Lewis is awful.  I spend more time in line there than I do shopping.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2010, 08:50:24 pm »

Where exactly is this?  I'd like to find a Wal Mart that isn't busy all the time for the occasional times that I shop there.  The one on 81st and Lewis is awful.  I spend more time in line there than I do shopping.

Sand Springs would probably fit that bill...

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2010, 09:27:17 pm »

Bugo,
You don't want the 71st store they are talking about.  It is about 263rd east avenue.  Right next to the Creek Turnpike where it crosses 71st.  East of Broken Arrow.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Composer
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2010, 09:57:05 pm »

The store is located at 209th E. Ave and and 71st.  The Walmart Supercenter at 121st and 161st. E. Ave (Elm) in south Broken Arrow is never over-crowded either. 
YoungTulsan
City Father

« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2010, 10:01:42 pm »

Doesn't take a crowd to get in a long line at Wal-mart.  They love to only have one or two registers (out of 40?) open, manned by the slowest person they can possibly find.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2010, 10:06:04 pm »

That one at 121st always seems to be busy when I go there.  Must be hitting the wrong times.  Often frustrating.  And then the close down the checkout aisles!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org