A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:57:36 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Low income housing project in south Sand Springs/Prattville  (Read 3221 times)
Nik
Philanthropist

« on: June 15, 2010, 07:41:34 pm »

Somebody dropped off a couple handouts on my porch this evening informing us of a proposed low income housing project at the corner of Highway 97 and 51st Street. As a nearby resident, this conditionally approved project is troublesome due to the effects it will have on my home's value in an already economically stagnant suburb not to mention the probably crime increase that comes along with these projects. The next city council meeting is June 28th at 7pm. If this affects anyone else, I encourage you to voice your opinion.

Here are the documents left at my door: http://www.scribd.com/doc/33098135/Sand-Springs-Low-Income-Housing-Handout-1, http://www.scribd.com/doc/33098178/Sand-Springs-Low-Income-Housing-Handout-2
waterboy
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 09:13:02 pm »

How did you feel about the RV, Mobile Home Park they put just west of 97 and Avery Drive? Did you feel it also lowered your home value and increased crime? My point is that no one much complained even though it is ugly and consists of transient visitors who mostly visit Walmart for provisions and QT for fuel.

Everything is on the table during an economic downturn. If there is money to be made and the city gets some of it, the writing is on the wall.
Nik
Philanthropist

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 01:34:13 pm »

I wasn't even aware of it. I don't live near Avery Drive. I live half a mile from this proposed project. I just don't understand why they're building this near one of the few new developments in Sand Springs. This seems like it would alienate the very type of resident Sand Springs would be wanting to attract.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org