A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:49:21 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Take Dad to Hasty Bake for Father's Day!  (Read 6949 times)
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« on: June 14, 2010, 02:34:28 pm »

FATHER'S DAY SALE
This Saturday, June 19th
10:00am-4:00pm

* BBQ Competition *
* Cooking Demo's *
* Great Grill Selection *

Saturday Events:
* Pick up grilling tips from nationally recognized Chef J Warren
* Live cooking demonstrations and tasty samples provided by 3 Guys Smokin' and Siegi's Sausage Factory & Deli (both in Tulsa, OK)

1st Annual Hasty Bake Owners BBQ Competition

Watch 30 BBQ teams compete for a chance to win a Hasty-Bake 257 Stainless Steel Gourmet in Tulsa's Best BBQ Contest!

1st Annual Contest T-Shirts will be on sale for $10

FREE ADMISSION - OPEN TO THE PUBLIC

Competition will be judged by local celebrities and BBQ enthusiasts

SEE YOU THIS SATURDAY!

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 04:05:04 pm »

Am I missing something ? Like where is this being held at ?

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
GG
Philanthropist

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 06:54:15 pm »

Does Hasty Bake still refurbish old Hasty Bake's?

Trust but verify
TURobY
Social Butterfly
City Father

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2010, 08:37:47 pm »

I'd imagine at their store at 1313 S. Lewis.

On a side note, that's within walking distance from my house, so maybe I'll have my dad come to my place and we'll hoof it over there. Maybe I'll meet you in person Gaspar?

---Robert
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2010, 08:25:14 am »

Yes the 1313 location.

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2010, 08:26:16 am »

I'd imagine at their store at 1313 S. Lewis.

On a side note, that's within walking distance from my house, so maybe I'll have my dad come to my place and we'll hoof it over there. Maybe I'll meet you in person Gaspar?

I'll be judging the Que.

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2010, 09:07:35 am »

I'll be judging the Que.

You are too skinny to be a good judge of food.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2010, 09:48:54 am »

You are too skinny to be a good judge of food.

My gut disagrees.

Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2013, 01:00:44 pm »

http://www.crateandbarrel.com/search.aspx?query=hasty%20bake

We are excited to announce that Crate & Barrel has chosen Hasty Bake to be their feature grill for the 2013 season! We are honored to be represented by such a successful company. You can now see and purchase our black Legacy grill in any of their US locations or on their website.

The 2013 catalog can be seen Here.
We are on pages 48-49.

Thank you to all of our loyal customers and to those that support us. We are growing!
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2013, 07:29:59 pm »

Are they serious about $1,000 for that??

Wow.  I mean....wow!

They charge more for the cover than the price of a new Weber One Touch...??    Looks just like the one we had in 1959....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2013, 02:27:45 pm »

Are they serious about $1,000 for that??

Wow.  I mean....wow!

They charge more for the cover than the price of a new Weber One Touch...??    Looks just like the one we had in 1959....

Hasty is about the best charcoal grill you will ever cook (or smoke) on.  They are well worth the price.  We have a 1960's model that we still take to BBQ competitions.  Know of any other grill that will last that long with heavy use?

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2013, 03:01:25 pm »

Hasty is about the best charcoal grill you will ever cook (or smoke) on.  They are well worth the price.  We have a 1960's model that we still take to BBQ competitions.  Know of any other grill that will last that long with heavy use?

It's advertised as being 18 ga steel.  That's only .0478" thick according to my handy gauge chart.  Are you sure yours wasn't thicker.

Edit:
I just saw where the lift and fire box are 12 ga (.1046").  That should help.  I would have expected maybe 14 ga (.0747") and 10 ga (.1345") for that kind of money.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 03:08:41 pm by Red Arrow » Logged

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2013, 03:07:28 pm »

It's advertised as being 18 ga steel.  That's only .0478" thick according to my handy gauge chart.  Are you sure yours wasn't thicker.

They are thin, and fairly light and easy to transport.  They make them out of good steel with good powder coating though, and the stainless models are made from very high quality stainless.  They will eventually corrode, but it takes far longer than any other grill I've used, and I've used a lot!

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2013, 04:10:14 pm »

Hasty is about the best charcoal grill you will ever cook (or smoke) on.  They are well worth the price.  We have a 1960's model that we still take to BBQ competitions.  Know of any other grill that will last that long with heavy use?

Our 1959 model lasted until about 1975.  Sitting outdoors all the time.  It was a good cooker - NO argument there.  The cost is my complaint.

The two Weber One Touch's I have had have lasted a long time, too.  The first from 1982 until about 2004.  The second I still have was bought to replace the first.  Still cooking.  Sits outdoors, but up under the eaves on the patio, so some protection.  Still, in the last 30 years, I have spent $170.  Don't know what the 1982 Hasty Bake cost, but I bet it was more than that.

It's just what you are gonna cook on it.  I will probably never get serious enough to be in a competition, so the Weber has been great for my uses.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org