A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:48:11 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oklahoma Scottish Games & Gathering  (Read 4030 times)
Neptune
« on: March 14, 2005, 11:12:37 am »

http://www.tulsascottishgames.org/

The gates open at 9 a.m. Saturday and Sunday for two days filled with the sounds of bagpipes, in competition or in mass marching down the Parade Ground. Witness bulging muscles hurling heavy objects for distance and height at the Athletic Competition, and the Highland Fling performed with precision at the Dance Stage. Browse the Scottish merchandise and Crafts tents. Try some authentic Scottish meals - hold the Haggis please! Enjoy Celtic music throughout the day in our two entertainment tents, or come back Sat. evening at 7 p.m. for a Grand Concert, so you can make time to see the Irish Dancing, Blacksmithing, Spinning and Weaving, sheep and duck herding Border Collie Demos, historically comstumed battle re-enactment, Clydesdales & Shetland ponies, long-haired Highland Cows, Fainting Goats, Children's Games & Crafs int the Kid's Glen, find your heritage at the Clan Tents, or enter the Haggis Hurl or Bonniest Knees Contests.

I went to this last year...I think the World reported something like 25K people showed up.  I thought it was great, and a lot bigger than I had expected.  My only gripe...it was one of the hottest days of the year.  

http://www.tulsascottishgames.org/

This festival has been moved to River West Festival Park.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2005, 09:44:11 am by Neptune » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org