A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 01:22:40 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BOB radio  (Read 3355 times)
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« on: June 10, 2010, 12:27:00 pm »

How prevalent is this?

http://www.newson6.com/global/story.asp?s=12628946

TULSA, OK -- Morning show personalities Carly Rush and Steve Smith are no longer the voice of morning radio on KBEZ in Tulsa.

In fact, all the on-air staff at the station has been let go.

Renda Broadcasting announced Thursday that its new format is BOB FM, an automated radio "host" the company calls "the non-radio radio station."

"There will be no local air personalities on BOB FM," said General Manager Jon Phillips.

"The air staff at KBEZ have all been released. These were not layoffs, the new format is built around music and imagery around the Bob character."

Phillips said the move to BOB FM affected seven employees, two full-time. The others were part-time or contract employees.

Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 12:29:56 pm »

They should just call it BORG radio..  Just don't listen to robots, those are jobs that are going away.

Here is a list
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_FM#Bob_FM_stations_in_the_United_States

I finally got to make a wikipedia page edit.. weee
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 12:36:20 pm by Trogdor » Logged
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 04:41:37 pm »

As a former DJ I really should take offense to this happening. But as I have grown older and my patience level is not what it once was. I find less talk and more music quite appealing. And if I am not having to pay for the convenience, even better.
Here at the office we were listening to 106.1 after it went automated and really liked it for oh say a month. But even it has become repatishus and plays the same songs over and over. I just changed over to Bob FM 92.9 and we are going to see how long this will sound fresh.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2010, 09:10:17 am »

This is similar to when "Kool 106" became "Gen-X Radio 106.1" which is a canned station.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org