A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:03:39 am
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 3 Guys Smokin' Products  (Read 77337 times)
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #60 on: April 11, 2013, 11:18:18 am »

Our classes have been selling out the day they are scheduled.  I'd love to see some of my fellow TulsaNow BBQ heads there.  We have scheduled an additional BBQ 101 class on the April 25th because tonight's is sold out.  This is the first class in our series (BBQ 101-106).  Each class includes dinner, drinks and basically us attempting to be entertaining while we share a ton of BBQ tips, tricks and secrets.

You can find an event for the class on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/events/223724614418961/

. . .or you can visit www.thestockpots.com

Each class is $45 per person.

3 Guys Smokin' presents their Culinary Smoke 101. If you have never attended a class with them this is a great place to start since it is the first one in their series. The guys will be bringing thier smoker and will share with you the tricks of the trade when it comes to types of grills, different woods to use, spices, marinades, BBQ sauces, cuts of meats, trimming your meats and more! The meal for the evening will consist of Royal BBQ Beans (a meal in its self ), Smokin' Cole Slaw, Bathing Brisket and Ribs!

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #61 on: April 11, 2013, 11:33:50 am »

$45 and you learn how to "trim your meat".

I am excited, but frankly am a little afraid of sharp objects around my meat.

I got circumcised when I was new born and couldn't walk for a year.   

Power is nothing till you use it.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #62 on: April 11, 2013, 01:16:10 pm »

$45 and you learn how to "trim your meat".

I am excited, but frankly am a little afraid of sharp objects around my meat.

I got circumcised when I was new born and couldn't walk for a year.   

We actually used to use the language "how to handle your meat" but some found that too suggestive. 

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #63 on: April 14, 2013, 03:26:40 pm »

We actually used to use the language "how to handle your meat" but some found that too suggestive. 

From the look of that pic, the bone was frenched...

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #64 on: April 15, 2013, 07:43:08 am »

From the look of that pic, the bone was frenched...

Nope.  That was a rack we did at Bixby last year.  We do ribs at around 220 and pull them at 187.  When you remove the membrane from the back of the ribs (not doing so is a big mistake), they always produce a good 1/4" to 1/2" shrink.  The meat between the bones also puffs up, showing you exactly where to cut.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #65 on: April 26, 2013, 10:44:06 pm »

Nope.  That was a rack we did at Bixby last year.  We do ribs at around 220 and pull them at 187.  When you remove the membrane from the back of the ribs (not doing so is a big mistake), they always produce a good 1/4" to 1/2" shrink.  The meat between the bones also puffs up, showing you exactly where to cut.

Um, the meat was frenched. But if you prefer puffy meat, that' okay too.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #66 on: April 27, 2013, 09:04:33 am »

Any good tricks to trimming the silver skin?  That's the part I least like about doing ribs.  Maybe I just don't have a sharp enough fillet knife to do it.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #67 on: April 27, 2013, 09:30:31 am »

Gaspar,

Would it be correct to assume 3 Guys Smokin' will be at the Bixby BBQ next week?

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #68 on: April 27, 2013, 03:18:28 pm »

Any good tricks to trimming the silver skin?  

Sounds too much like a circumcision on the tin man

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #69 on: April 27, 2013, 04:22:49 pm »

Sounds too much like a circumcision on the tin man

Nice catch!

Guido, have you used any of Red Arrow's "Skeet's Helper" on anything you've smoked?  Adds a nice kick to the ribs when I want something a little spicier.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #70 on: April 27, 2013, 06:00:38 pm »

Nice catch!

Guido, have you used any of Red Arrow's "Skeet's Helper" on anything you've smoked?  Adds a nice kick to the ribs when I want something a little spicier.

I use it all the time, especially when my littlest wants to heat something up like his cereal. We wear big boy pants in our house. Smiley Seriously, since it has different peppers in it, the flavor is unique.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #71 on: April 27, 2013, 10:03:07 pm »

Seriously, since it has different peppers in it, the flavor is unique.

Each batch has been a little different.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #72 on: April 28, 2013, 01:31:30 pm »

Each batch has been a little different.

For as much time as you spend making this product, you should think about getting it to some people like gassy for their take/use. It's good stuff Red.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #73 on: April 28, 2013, 03:47:45 pm »

For as much time as you spend making this product, you should think about getting it to some people like gassy for their take/use. It's good stuff Red.

Thanks but I only grow so many peppers per year.  If I give it all away, I won't have any for myself.  I use it every day.

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #74 on: April 28, 2013, 08:17:32 pm »

I noticed no mention of three guys at Top That anymore.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org