A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:35:02 am
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 3 Guys Smokin' Products  (Read 77303 times)
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2010, 10:08:09 am »

Great news!!!
We just won a buttload of awards at the largest BBQ competition in the WORLD. Over 800 teams compete in the KC Royal every year. Teams come from all over the world!  We did not attend this year, but we did send some of our product line to compete in the commercial products categories.

Our Razz Bold & Spicy won 1st in fruit based, 3rd in hot!
Our Blues sauce won 2nd place in vinegar based, and 7th in fruit based!
Our regular Razz won 11th in tomato and 5th in fruit based!

And. . . a drum roll. . .Razz Bold & Spicy won 8th overall in the "Best Sauce on The Planet." Sure 8th would normally suck, but this is out of hundreds and hundreds of sauces from around the world, so it's not so shabby!

Who cares....

Seriously though, great job!!!

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2010, 10:16:21 am »

Great news!!!
We just won a buttload of awards at the largest BBQ competition in the WORLD. Over 800 teams compete in the KC Royal every year. Teams come from all over the world!  We did not attend this year, but we did send some of our product line to compete in the commercial products categories.

Our Razz Bold & Spicy won 1st in fruit based, 3rd in hot!
Our Blues sauce won 2nd place in vinegar based, and 7th in fruit based!
Our regular Razz won 11th in tomato and 5th in fruit based!

And. . . a drum roll. . .Razz Bold & Spicy won 8th overall in the "Best Sauce on The Planet." Sure 8th would normally suck, but this is out of hundreds and hundreds of sauces from around the world, so it's not so shabby!

Yeah, but not quite good enough for 7th.  Damn the luck!

Great job and great product, I'm proud of you guys, that is a great showing at KC.  For those of you who have not bought any of the 3GS sauces, you are missing out.  Great stuff.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2010, 05:09:38 pm »

Products hit the shelves of Reasor's on Monday!  Jenks store and the 17th and Yale location, then 12 more stores in the future.

For years we've sold our line of products all over the world through gourmet, fine meat, and culinary outlets, but our price-point kept us out of most retail outlets.  Finally after stories and articles about our products appeared in publications across the country, Reasor's made us a deal, and we are very thankful for the opportunity.   

Large bottle of spice $4.29
Large bottles of sauce $4.29

Yes, it's the most expensive BBQ sauce Reasor's has ever marketed (by about a buck).  We didn't want to comprise our formula and, bless them, Reasor's didn't want us to.  100% natural, no MSG, real fruit base.  Our rub is also 100% natural with no blending oils.  No flavorings or flavor enhancers, just real spices and herbs with a touch of the exotic.

20 Year’s of Top 10 finishes out of over 800 at the American Royal

• Pork Shoulder 2nd & 7th using 3 Guys Smokin’ Smokin’ Spice®
• Beans Side Dish 3rd using 3 Guys Smokin’ Spice® and Smokin Razz®
• Chicken 5th using 3 Guys Smokin’ Spice®

The American Royal International BBQ Sauce & Dry Rub Contest
• Smokin’ Blues® (Hot Vinegar Division)
4th (2003), 5th (1999 & 2004), 7th (2001 & 2002), 8th (1998), 9th (2000)

• Smokin’ Razz® Regular (Mild Fruit Division)
2nd (2002) 3rd (2001), 6th (1999)

• Smokin’ Razz® Hot (Hot Fruit Division)
2nd (2004), 3rd (2002)

• 3 Guys Smokin’ Spice® (Hot Dry Rub Division)
4th (2000); 5th (2004)

Competition Highlights:
• 1995 – first year of BBQ competition entry (2nd place Pork Shoulder)
• 1998 – first year of sauce competition (Smokin’ Blues – 8th place)
• Each product finished in at least the top ten in its first year of entry
• 7 consecutive years with a top five finish in at least one category
• 12 top five finishes overall
• One top five finishes in 9 out of 10 years
• 10 consecutive years with a top ten finish in at least one category
• 18 top ten finishes overall
• One top ten finish in every year of entry.

Top Two winners in the Great American!!. . .Two years running.

• #1 for Smokin' Razz (2009)
• #2 for Smokin' Razz Hot (2009)
• #4 for Smokin' Spice (2010)

. . plus over 200 local and state awards.

Please put us on your shopping list next week.

Okay, just put your product I bought at Savory Chef on a pricey pork shoulder.

DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2010, 11:15:31 am »

Once I get it. I will try it on my 8 Hour baked Pork Ribs. I have been using Daddy Hinkle and it's time to try another.
And since we are Tulsa Now Forum Brothers.  Wink

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2010, 12:42:28 pm »

Was at a little "Made in Oklahoma" store the other day and found a couple bottles of raspberry sauce from 3 Guys.  Bought it half price, according to the ticket.  Haven't had the chance to try it but will do so this weekend.

Ketchup base???  You couldn't start with tomato paste and leave out the 30% corn syrup??

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2010, 02:14:15 pm »

I take really great pride in making things from scratch like smoking jalapenos from FMC's garden this year and making my own chipotle powder.  It's along that vein that I can't bring myself to use someone else's BBQ rub as I think mine is the best I've had. 

However, Smokin' Razz is some seriously great sauce. 

Crying shame or complete tragedy?  I haven't felt so sad since I broke a bottle of Sundown Wheat Wink

* 018.JPG (228.02 KB - downloaded 576 times.)

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2010, 08:30:16 pm »

What were you thinking?  Why would you break that??  Even if it is ketchup based, it's bar-b-que sauce!!!

What's that stuff cost retail?  I only have the liquidation price reference.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2010, 08:37:46 pm »

Update. I smoked the pork shoulder using the aforementioned rub with cherry and adler for 1.5 hrs, then added water with additional rub as a braising liquid, basted the shoulder fat side up, and roasted the same at 250 degrees for 5 hrs. Turned out wonderful. Good job guys.  
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 08:39:48 pm by guido911 » Logged

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2011, 12:36:35 pm »

(Tuesday, Feb. 15th, 2011) Warm up and get ready for outdoor cooking this spring and summer with Tulsa's top barbeque team, 3 Guys Smokin'! 3GS have won 200+ ribbons and trophies, including 15 top five finishes at the American Royal International BBQ Competition in Kansas City (the World Series in BBQ), competing against 500 plus professional BBQ teams and they've agreed to share some of their secrets with OKFoodie. Craig "Cutter" Dahlquist, Tim "Big Guy" Kelly and Tim "Poke Chop" Williams will demo their award-winning ribs and their tender, smoky brisket as well as 3GS' special cole slaw and "Royal" beans. It's Barbeque 101 with 3 Guys Smokin' and you won't want to miss a bite! Tickets are selling quickly. Get yours now by calling Sage Culinary Studio at 918-364-SAGE (7243).

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2011, 12:53:47 pm »

Where is this Sage Studio?

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2011, 12:55:39 pm »

Where is this Sage Studio?

By the Bixby event center.

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2011, 08:22:03 am »

OMG.....!!!!!!Corn Syrup.....The HORROR.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shocked

EricP
Civic Leader

« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2011, 11:16:02 pm »

Can I get this at any of the Reasor's locations in BA yet?

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2011, 07:23:28 am »

Can I get this at any of the Reasor's locations in BA yet?

Not in BA yet.  Your best bet is Siegi's on 81st and Sheridan or Reasor's in Jenks.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2011, 01:11:38 pm »

Seriously folks, their product is pretty good. Used their rub again last night on a pork tenderloin and the fam loved it.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org