A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:27:37 pm
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 3 Guys Smokin' Products  (Read 77317 times)
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« on: June 09, 2010, 12:58:41 pm »

Products hit the shelves of Reasor's on Monday!  Jenks store and the 17th and Yale location, then 12 more stores in the future.

For years we've sold our line of products all over the world through gourmet, fine meat, and culinary outlets, but our price-point kept us out of most retail outlets.  Finally after stories and articles about our products appeared in publications across the country, Reasor's made us a deal, and we are very thankful for the opportunity.   

Large bottle of spice $4.29
Large bottles of sauce $4.29

Yes, it's the most expensive BBQ sauce Reasor's has ever marketed (by about a buck).  We didn't want to comprise our formula and, bless them, Reasor's didn't want us to.  100% natural, no MSG, real fruit base.  Our rub is also 100% natural with no blending oils.  No flavorings or flavor enhancers, just real spices and herbs with a touch of the exotic.

20 Year’s of Top 10 finishes out of over 800 at the American Royal

• Pork Shoulder 2nd & 7th using 3 Guys Smokin’ Smokin’ Spice®
• Beans Side Dish 3rd using 3 Guys Smokin’ Spice® and Smokin Razz®
• Chicken 5th using 3 Guys Smokin’ Spice®

The American Royal International BBQ Sauce & Dry Rub Contest
• Smokin’ Blues® (Hot Vinegar Division)
4th (2003), 5th (1999 & 2004), 7th (2001 & 2002), 8th (1998), 9th (2000)

• Smokin’ Razz® Regular (Mild Fruit Division)
2nd (2002) 3rd (2001), 6th (1999)

• Smokin’ Razz® Hot (Hot Fruit Division)
2nd (2004), 3rd (2002)

• 3 Guys Smokin’ Spice® (Hot Dry Rub Division)
4th (2000); 5th (2004)

Competition Highlights:
• 1995 – first year of BBQ competition entry (2nd place Pork Shoulder)
• 1998 – first year of sauce competition (Smokin’ Blues – 8th place)
• Each product finished in at least the top ten in its first year of entry
• 7 consecutive years with a top five finish in at least one category
• 12 top five finishes overall
• One top five finishes in 9 out of 10 years
• 10 consecutive years with a top ten finish in at least one category
• 18 top ten finishes overall
• One top ten finish in every year of entry.

Top Two winners in the Great American!!. . .Two years running.

• #1 for Smokin' Razz (2009)
• #2 for Smokin' Razz Hot (2009)
• #4 for Smokin' Spice (2010)

. . plus over 200 local and state awards.

Please put us on your shopping list next week.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 02:19:30 pm »

I saw the topic title, and the first thing that came to mind was an image of three guys standing around smoking "product"
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 02:29:18 pm »

I saw the topic title, and the first thing that came to mind was an image of three guys standing around smoking "product"

A while back they cam out with concept for a rub product that was extremely coarse ground, and the consensus was to call it "Smokin' Crack"

custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 02:31:30 pm »

A while back they cam out with concept for a rub product that was extremely coarse ground, and the consensus was to call it "Smokin' Crack"

heh, at least that's not as bad as the "buttrub" that is setting in my pantry right now
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2010, 02:49:15 pm »

I mix my own rub and use sauce sparingly.  If it's great 'que it doesn't need sauce, afterall  Wink  I've experimented with some fruit and chipotle chutney's and some honey based glazes this spring.  Best one so far was a blueberry sauce I came up with.  I love to tinker in the kitchen with my GF.  Take that any way you like.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2010, 02:56:57 pm »

I mix my own rub and use sauce sparingly.  If it's great 'que it doesn't need sauce, afterall  Wink  I've experimented with some fruit and chipotle chutney's and some honey based glazes this spring.  Best one so far was a blueberry sauce I came up with.  I love to tinker in the kitchen with my GF.  Take that any way you like.

countertops better be smooth....oh, sorry

Shocked

Back to the topic at hand though, you start talking about Blueberry sauces and once again it makes me long for Steamroller's....sigh.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2010, 07:59:18 pm »

How about Reasor's in BA?

Please, tell me you don't start with ketchup as the base for your sauce!!??

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2010, 06:43:26 am »

ketchup is the foundation of almost all bbq sauces, but it's not the base.  The flavor base of the Blues is blueberries.  it is considered a vinegar category sauce. vinegars sauces are good with all things pork and poultry.

The Razz has a flavor base of fresh raspberry, and is considered a tomato category sauce.  Use on beef and "prepared" bold meats like sausage bologna.  One high-end steak restaurant we service mixes it with beef drippings and serves it as their signature steak sauce.  It's by far our biggest seller.

Black Gold hits the market this summer, and is a Blackberry based competition sauce.  It's surreal!

We will also be releasing a "table sauce".  This will be more for the pallet of the inexperienced BBQ'r.  It will be very much like a Head Country or KC Masterpiece with a touch more complexity, and no fillers, MSG, and will be made with real spices.

Most commercial brands incorporate MSG or blending compounds.  I have nothing against these, and they have their place, but when multiple products (like rub and sauce) are combined you multiply the effects of these compounds.  MSG is an effective natural flavor enhancer, it allows the use of lower quality ingredients and gives that mouth filling, salty, intense flavor. 

Blending compounds cause separate and distinct flavors that normally hit the pallet at different times to hit all at once.  If you blend a spice or sauce properly it does exactly what you want it to.  Blending compounds cover up mistakes and smooth out the edges of a poorly designed blend. 

These are all great on their own, but when you mix them with each other, and food you get all of the flavor of the sauces and rubs intensified, and you completely drown the flavor of the food. I like the taste of my food.

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2010, 07:35:21 am »

Nobody lives in BA.
waterboy
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2010, 10:24:30 am »

They exist, but it isn't living.
Renaissance
City Father

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2010, 10:42:39 am »

Most sauces do.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2010, 11:16:31 am »

Oh, sauce, you messy and inferior method of flavoring.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2010, 12:19:42 pm »

That's why there is tomato paste.  To get people off of the "ketchup-crack"!!

MSG is an effective natural flavor enhancer, it allows the use of lower quality ingredients and gives that mouth filling, salty, intense flavor.

You just made the case for me against MSG.  Get by with less real flavor.

Not to mention the sensitivity some people have to the stuff.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2010, 12:55:16 pm »

That's why there is tomato paste.  To get people off of the "ketchup-crack"!!

MSG is an effective natural flavor enhancer, it allows the use of lower quality ingredients and gives that mouth filling, salty, intense flavor.

You just made the case for me against MSG.  Get by with less real flavor.

Not to mention the sensitivity some people have to the stuff.

Good!  "Get off the MSG" and use natural products.  Buy Smokin' Foods Sauces and rubs!

As far a sensitivity to MSG, because it's a naturally occurring free gluten, it's impossible for you to avoid.  We don't add it because it's not necessary when using fresh ingredients, but no one can actually avoid it.

MSG occurs naturally in almost all foods. Some foods like tomatoes have very high concentrations of MSG.  Dairy products, meat and corn also contain relatively high concentrations of MSG.  If you like cheeses, especially natural hard cheeses like Parisian, Romano, and Asaiago, you are getting a butt-load of concentrated MSG naturally.  If you like bread, one of the byproducts of yeast is, yes you guessed it, MSG.  In fact, that's how they manufacture the additive, they culture it from yeast.

My wife claims that she gets a migraine if she eats anything with MSG in it, yet she will go to town on many foods that contain the compound.  She only gets the migraine if she knows it contains MSG, or if I tell her.  This works the same for my neighbor with COPD.  He claims that MSG causes him to become congested, but he eats it all the time.

Unless your diet consists of wood and metal, you are getting plenty of MSG every day.  Because it is associated as an additive for foods with high sodium content, the "effects" that most people encounter and attribute to MSG are probably more attributable to consuming half a shaker of salt (i.e. Chinese food).

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2010, 01:01:12 pm »

Oh, and another thing to add about MSG.  If you ever go to the health store and see "Yeast Extract" in a product, it sounds healthy.  In fact some actually sell Yeast Extract as a supplement.  LOL!

This is MSG. 

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org