A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:20:21 am
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 3 Guys Smokin' Products  (Read 77334 times)
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #75 on: April 29, 2013, 09:57:12 am »

Any good tricks to trimming the silver skin?  That's the part I least like about doing ribs.  Maybe I just don't have a sharp enough fillet knife to do it.

Yes!  Super easy.  Lift up on the silverskin with the back of a knife, then use a paper towel (we call that BBQ pliers) to pull the whole thing off in one swift motion.  You should never get ribs with silverskin still on them.  If you do, go somewhere else!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdFbJ-dxACM[/youtube]

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #76 on: April 29, 2013, 09:57:40 am »

Gaspar,

Would it be correct to assume 3 Guys Smokin' will be at the Bixby BBQ next week?

Yes!  We'll see you there!

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #77 on: April 29, 2013, 09:58:50 am »

For as much time as you spend making this product, you should think about getting it to some people like gassy for their take/use. It's good stuff Red.

I want.  Red, bring me some at Bixby!

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #78 on: April 29, 2013, 10:01:37 am »

I noticed no mention of three guys at Top That anymore.

Seasonal.  We will be back when BBQ season rolls around this year.  They do seasonal products (like BBQ or Octoberfest), and they also do regional, so the stores down in texas or up in Missouri have regional ingredients in the menu.  The location in Dubai has stuff like goat, and squid. The idea is to give owners the flexibility to add items with seasonal or regional appeal.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #79 on: April 29, 2013, 02:19:13 pm »

Yes!  Super easy.  Lift up on the silverskin with the back of a knife, then use a paper towel (we call that BBQ pliers) to pull the whole thing off in one swift motion.  You should never get ribs with silverskin still on them.  If you do, go somewhere else!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdFbJ-dxACM[/youtube]

Good stuff, thank you!

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #80 on: April 30, 2013, 11:57:43 am »

This weekend will be magical.  Come and see us.  We will be in the same spot as always, but this year we are welcoming some special guests. . .thats right. . .

Myran, Aaron and Tuffy are expected to be around as well as several grand champion competitors you have seen on the show. 

Here are some simple directions to find the TLC BBQ Pitmaster's tent:
1. Go to the 3 Guys Smokin' tent (same spot every year).
2. Eat some of our Que, and vote for us in People's Choice.*
3. Buy a bottle of our sauce and tell a friend to do the same.
4. Look directly across from us, and you will see the Pitmasters tent.
*Please do not skip any steps.

Get there by 11am by the latest. Taster kits go on sale at 11:30 and sell out fast.  There will be about 50 teams offering BBQ to the public this year.  There are more than 100 teams competing. Lots of good music and fun for the kids.  I have also ordered some fantastic weather from Travis.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #81 on: May 25, 2013, 03:14:18 pm »

When I went to Perry's for some wood chunks and pork butt yesterday, I decided I'd try 3GS rub.  Pretty good on some country style ribs I did last night with the blues sauce.  Today is the real test, brisket, pork butt, and ribs.  Butt and brisket have been on the smoker since 9:30, should be getting really happy about now.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #82 on: May 25, 2013, 06:14:26 pm »

Let us know about your butt Conan.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #83 on: May 25, 2013, 09:29:26 pm »

It's not "barbecue" but  baby back ribs in a crock-pot with Smokin' Razz is good stuff.

Edit:
spelling
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 09:20:37 am by Red Arrow » Logged

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #84 on: May 26, 2013, 10:26:51 pm »

It's not "barbecue" but  baby back ribs in a crock-pot with Smokin' Razz is good stuff.

Edit:
spelling

I am becoming less and less interested in smokers and overpowering rubs and marinades. Not to slight them, but whatever happened to letting the meat speak for itself instead of flavoring the crap out of it?

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #85 on: May 27, 2013, 09:18:09 am »

I am becoming less and less interested in smokers and overpowering rubs and marinades. Not to slight them, but whatever happened to letting the meat speak for itself instead of flavoring the crap out of it?

It wasn't overpowering.  We put in one jar of sauce and then added enough water to completely cover the ribs and let them cook on low for about 5 hours.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #86 on: May 27, 2013, 04:37:28 pm »

It wasn't overpowering.  We put in one jar of sauce and then added enough water to completely cover the ribs and let them cook on low for about 5 hours.

I didn't mean to suggest the sauce was overpowering. I like that stuff. My point was more about keeping things simple, like your using crock pots or braising/roasting techniques to cook meats like I do. Spending 14 hours cooking (wet nursing/babysitting) a brisket on a smoker, rather than using an oven which takes a third of the time with little appreciable difference, is making more sense to me. The added bonus is that my guests hardly know the difference--and probably do not care. 

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #87 on: May 28, 2013, 06:51:32 am »

Smoke with pecan only.  That will give you that tiny smoky flavor but it will never get to the point where it overpowers.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #88 on: May 28, 2013, 10:07:39 am »

Results were excellent.  Cannon_fodder's brother-in-law said hands-down the best ribs he's ever had.  Excellent added flavor to the pork butt and brisket.  Slightly different than my own rub as I use some Hatch chile powder in mine and rarely add brown sugar.  I also layer mine on rather than mixing the rub prior to applying.  But honestly, I was just as happy with the result. Good stuff Gaspar!

Also, the sliver skin drill you shared was a big help.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org