A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:37:24 pm
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Window Tinting  (Read 9367 times)
Maz
« on: June 03, 2010, 04:31:04 pm »

Where can I get a high quality window tint installation for my cars Tulsa?
OpenYourEyesTulsa
Civic Leader

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2010, 07:26:18 am »

Where can I get a high quality window tint installation for my cars Tulsa?

Car Toys
http://www.cartoystulsa.com/
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2010, 07:33:01 am »

South East Auto Trim

http://southeastautotrim.com/

(918) 664-7328
(877) 530-7328
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2010, 07:42:24 am »

Last place I was used was in Bristow. Just make sure they are using lifetime warrantied metal film like Sungard and you'll probably be OK.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2010, 08:28:06 am »

Tiger window tinting. B.A. and 145th E av next to the McDonalds.
His name is Shane. 809-8068 or 258-9903. I have had 5 cars done by him and he is fantastic. I recommend 5% tint for this Oklahoma heat. Hope this helps.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2010, 09:24:06 am »

Last place I was used was in Bristow. Just make sure they are using lifetime warrantied metal film like Sungard and you'll probably be OK.

You were used?  Did they toss you out when they were done using you, or do they plan on reusing you?  Sorry, couldn't resist.

/thread drift
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2010, 11:42:51 am »

Is this a great country or what??

We can sit here in the open having a discussion about committing illegal acts with no repercussions!  (5% tint versus the legal 25%).

This appeals greatly to the anarchist inner child.  (My inner child is a mean little f.!)

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2010, 11:44:14 am »

You were used?  Did they toss you out when they were done using you, or do they plan on reusing you?  Sorry, couldn't resist.

/thread drift

-was
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2010, 01:35:16 pm »

Is this a great country or what??

We can sit here in the open having a discussion about committing illegal acts with no repercussions!  (5% tint versus the legal 25%).

This appeals greatly to the anarchist inner child.  (My inner child is a mean little f.!)

Just to point out, it is legal to have a darker tint as long as it's not the windshield nor the front door glass.  So suggesting 5% would not be suggesting an illegal act.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2010, 01:38:31 pm »

You might as well not even tint at 25%
Granted at night I have to roll the windows down to back down my driveway.
But my car stays much cooler then the so called legal ones. Looks better too.
5% is still not limo tint. During the day people can still see inside and I have had
no law enforcement officer stop or say anything to me about it.
What a Country(Yakov voice)

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2010, 11:48:37 am »

I'm going by the window tint dude.  I know that OK used to be these numbers, and am - possibly dangerously so - presuming that he has kept up with it better than I.

25%

http://www.tintdude.com/laws.html

If I wanted to be contrary (and I usually do!!) I would design something for the police to use to measure window tinting so they could enforce the law properly.  Somehow that appeals to my inner child today!  But then, you know how he is!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2010, 12:42:18 pm »

If I wanted to be contrary (and I usually do!!) I would design something for the police to use to measure window tinting so they could enforce the law properly.  Somehow that appeals to my inner child today!  But then, you know how he is!

Dont think Ive ever seen TPD with an luminance meter.  Or a city sign inspector, for that matter...
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 12:51:56 pm by patric » Logged

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2010, 01:03:56 pm »

Dont think Ive ever seen TPD with an luminance meter.  Or a city sign inspector, for that matter...

Probably wouldnt fit into the City budget.

custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2010, 02:03:59 pm »

Don't ya know, they can eyeball it and tell ya?
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2010, 02:06:26 pm »

I'm going by the window tint dude.  I know that OK used to be these numbers, and am - possibly dangerously so - presuming that he has kept up with it better than I.

25%

http://www.tintdude.com/laws.html

I had always been under the understanding that it was only 25% on the front.  Just makes sense.  I think I just might have to see about looking that up.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org