A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:15:15 am
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: QuikTrip 15th & Denver  (Read 25478 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2010, 01:22:04 pm »

Looks like they are building a new one with this design on the west side of Gilcrease Road from the existing one just north of 412.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2010, 01:28:33 pm »

Looks like they are building a new one with this design on the west side of Gilcrease Road from the existing one just north of 412.

That was actually supposed to be the one to open first; but I think QT drug their heels and didn't get the process to obtain the land from ODOT in a timely fashion.  Look at Google; they're also building one at the 15th/Denver location, but instead of building across the street from it as they're doing at the west side location, the building is being built directly behind the existing one.

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=36.141024,-95.991889&spn=0.001475,0.002411&t=h&z=19

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2010, 01:33:48 pm »

I assumed you were talking about the 15th & Denver one.  I was thinking: "How the hell did they have the opening this weekend?"

That would have been one quick building finish and demo as the old store was still out front as of Saturday.

"Extreme Make-Over, QT Edition"

Indulge me in a little drift: thanks again to QT for the plaza at 41st & Riverside.  It's nice to see how well it's utilized when I've been driving past and riding through.  We stopped for a couple of Grilla Ray dogs on Saturday- good stuff, they use Siegi's sausages.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Michael71
Civic Leader

« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2010, 09:49:23 am »

My neighbor is an architect for QT & he said it will be cool how they take down the old one.

If I understood it correctly...

They will close at midnight & reopen by noon the next day.  The old store will be bulldozed while the new one is being stocked.

Of course, there will be a lot of concrete work that has to be done afterwards.  I live right behind it & may stop in every cpl of hours to check on progress & take pics.

The new design is definitely a better fit for the area.

--------------------------
"Why be part of the 'brain drain' that gets sucked out of Tulsa...The opportunity IS there, you just gotta make it!!"--Eric Marshall
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2010, 11:43:48 am »

My neighbor is an architect for QT & he said it will be cool how they take down the old one.

If I understood it correctly...

They will close at midnight & reopen by noon the next day.  The old store will be bulldozed while the new one is being stocked.

Of course, there will be a lot of concrete work that has to be done afterwards.  I live right behind it & may stop in every cpl of hours to check on progress & take pics.

The new design is definitely a better fit for the area.

That is QT policy. Stores will only close for a remodel and then they close for no more than 24 hours.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org