A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:57:06 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Compadre's at 71st and Sheridan  (Read 18365 times)
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« on: May 26, 2010, 01:38:47 pm »

Ate lunch there today.  Very good service.  Excellent salsa and chips.  The entries were large, hot and very good!  I recommend the fajitas.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 04:12:48 pm »

Are they a spin off of the 101st and 145th restaurant in B.A. ?

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 07:42:41 pm »

The same.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 09:30:38 pm »

It was a couple of kids that started it a few years ago.  They had worked at other places and felt they could do better.  Very good stuff.  And reasonable prices.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2010, 01:14:38 pm »

Is it bigger ? Cause the old Circle K building is way to small and thats why I never went back.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2010, 01:37:35 pm »

Ate lunch there today.  Very good service.  Excellent salsa and chips.  The entries were large, hot and very good!  I recommend the fajitas.

The entries were huge?  Were the exits slightly larger?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2010, 01:43:46 pm »

The entries were huge?  Were the exits slightly larger?

All points of egress were enormous.   Kiss

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2010, 07:46:14 pm »

Spank, Conan!!

Entree's, then if that is what you want to see. (lol)

I only eat there occasionally, but enjoy it a great deal.  The kids did good.

And why would the size of the building be a problem???  I don't get that at all...  just may have to wait a little longer, I guess.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2010, 07:08:41 am »

Small table by the front door. Tiny wait bar behind me. And constant foot traffic going by me and my wife. The wait was not the issue. I will say that is was right after they opened. The food was fine, but not on a five star scale to make me beat a path back. IMO

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2010, 12:06:20 pm »

Cozy.  Quaint.  Homey.  Almost rustic. 
Yeah, I grant you the small.  It is.
That kind of stuff can more often than not be an endearing factor to me.  Like the "downhome" feel to little hole-in-the-wall places, though.

If you feel adventurous, try the "Green Parrot" on mainstreet Coweta.  Food has never been great (breakfast is best) and can at times be pretty mediocre (any other meal), but it has an aura that makes it a regular stop for me.  And it is small and cramped.  Has seating stools along the counter on one side.  Maybe it is the knotty pine paneling on the walls?  Since Ms. Johnson sold out it just isn't the same, either, but I still go on occasion. 

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2010, 12:21:59 pm »

The Mexicali's this place replaced was pretty large inside. Sat a few hundred I believe.
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2010, 12:24:57 pm »

It always amazes me when somebody closes an established restaurant/bar and then somebody comes up right behind them, opens the same type of place up (and maybe spends a ton on renovations).  Take Dirty's Tavern on riverwalk.  Somebody opens a another bar in the same place.  Are you going to do it better than the person that already has several bars for several years?  Probably not...
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2010, 12:47:36 pm »

We went last week and it was really great food. The service was good, but nervous. I think we had a first time waitress but that’s to be expected in a new location. Far better food and service than Mexicali. A lot better than Ted’s too. I’ve been to the BA Compadres and it is tiny, but this location is large, as is the Compadres in Owasso.

As for the location being the same, I haven’t eaten for years at any Mexicali location, and have no intentions to start. But I probably will eat at this Compadres at least semi regularly.

Dirty's at the Riverwalk might just have been the dooshiest bar in town. Anything would be better than what it was.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2010, 09:37:25 pm »

If anyone is ever in OKC or Moore looking for Mexican food, you owe it to yourself to try Poblano's.  Near the top of the list and no, I have no monetary interest in the place.  Better than Tarahumara in Norman by a LOT.

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2010, 08:25:22 am »

If anyone is ever in OKC or Moore looking for Mexican food, you owe it to yourself to try Poblano's.  Near the top of the list and no, I have no monetary interest in the place.  Better than Tarahumara in Norman by a LOT.

The problem with Pablano's. And really any restaurant near it, is that you are eating dinner in Moore. And Moore has to be one of the most soul sucking places on earth. I get the shakes just by driving through Moore at less than 70 mph. It's a flat treeless mass of ugly unplanned big box stores surrounded by the ugly cheaply built track homes. Moore makes Owasso look good.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org