A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:54:04 pm
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Billy Sims BBQ coming to Sand Springs...  (Read 48367 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #60 on: May 27, 2010, 07:52:42 pm »

Shame about Billy Ray's.  They used to be very good.

And Stone Mill is close, too, but it ain't even really a bbq place.  And true, it ain't that great.
Sorry about the boss.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
shinerburke
« Reply #61 on: May 27, 2010, 09:03:44 pm »

Their BBQ is mediocre at best.

Bixby got a new BBQ joint recently named Jake's Place that is very good. Their sauces are more "Carolina Style" and take you off guard the first time you try them, but they are good, just different, and the meat is very well smoked.

Can't argue with either of those statements. Billy Sims is ok if you don't have another choice, but it sure wouldn't top my list.

Jake's in Bixby is pretty good. Their red sauces are a bit vinegary for me but they aren't bad if you mix their hot and regular together. They have a couple of white sauces that are in the Carolina style. The hot version of the white sauce is good on their pulled pork, don't really like it on anything else. The regular white sauce is a little too salty and I don't care for it at all. The only two sides I've had there are the beans and the cole slaw. Beans have always been good and the slaw, while different, is good. It isn't the sweet slaw everyone out here is used to though so be warned. Service has always been excellent as well which is a big plus for me.

Now that I have written my mini review I'm hungry!!!
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #62 on: May 28, 2010, 07:44:24 am »

Welcome aboard, Shiner.  Please don't be a stranger, we need more food reviewers.  The pay sucks, but it's so rewarding  Wink

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #63 on: May 28, 2010, 09:05:48 am »

Can't argue with either of those statements. Billy Sims is ok if you don't have another choice, but it sure wouldn't top my list.

Now that I have written my mini review I'm hungry!!!

Me too!

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org