A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 12:04:10 am
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Billy Sims BBQ coming to Sand Springs...  (Read 48547 times)
bmuscotty
Civic Leader

« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2010, 08:43:33 am »

Is Jake's the BBQ joint that sometimes has a trailer parked at 61st and Lewis?

Unk Steve's.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2010, 08:47:12 am »

Absolute dog food. 

thread drift warning

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsQ0LX4LZ6c[/youtube]

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2010, 08:52:31 am »

B...b...b...Bushwood...A dump?!?!?!

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2010, 09:12:50 am »

Is the Smokin Blues sauce the same sauce that the...oh crap what's the name....errrr.....The Clubhouse Grill in Regal Plaza has on their menu? The wife and I were there not long ago and the sauce was pretty good, the ribs it was on.....not so much. The sauce reminded me a lot of the "Bluesberry" Sauce that Steamroller Blues had when they were in business. I will have to keep my eyes open for it at Reasor's.

Some other made in Oklahoma Sauces I like:

Selmon Brothers - Hot is better than the mild. Made in Eufaula.
John's - Especially the hot version. Made in Okemah.

It is the very same as the "Bluesberry" from Steamroller.  As for the Clubhouse, they have some management difficulties that they are trying to work through.  I am not fond of their ribs, the pulled pork is pretty good.  I think they could do better, on that too.  They will either improve or vanish.

I miss Steamroller, but the good news is that Tom Dittus will be featuring 3 Guys sauces at his new restaurants too, and he's got quite a few new things in the works.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2010, 09:34:32 am »

It is the very same as the "Bluesberry" from Steamroller.  As for the Clubhouse, they have some management difficulties that they are trying to work through.  I am not fond of their ribs, the pulled pork is pretty good.  I think they could do better, on that too.  They will either improve or vanish.

I miss Steamroller, but the good news is that Tom Dittus will be featuring 3 Guys sauces at his new restaurants too, and he's got quite a few new things in the works.

I absolutely miss Steamroller (last time I went was in the mid/late 90s...they were the one down on SoBo, right?).  Their food was top-notch and I liked the location.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2010, 09:55:15 am »

I absolutely miss Steamroller (last time I went was in the mid/late 90s...they were the one down on SoBo, right?).  Their food was top-notch and I liked the location.

They had the best smoked chicken enchiladas I have ever had.  Excellent brisket too.  I have many fond memories sitting at the bar and downing pints.

I don't even know what's there now.  I just walk by it on my way to the wine bar.

They also had great bands performing every weekend.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2010, 10:03:43 am »

I think it's still Oscar's Gastro Pub.  I've been once.  A forgettable experience.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
dbacks fan
« Reply #52 on: May 27, 2010, 10:18:37 am »

thread drift warning

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsQ0LX4LZ6c[/youtube]

You're a lot of woman, you know that? Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2010, 10:19:49 am »

I think it's still Oscar's Gastro Pub.  I've been once.  A forgettable experience.

That's too bad.  I've always had good experiences there.
dbacks fan
« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2010, 10:26:23 am »

I have to say that when I usually go to any BBQ place I want to try the food without any sauce on it to begin with so that I can taste the smoke and the rub without it being covered up by the sauce. A good sauce can hide poorly smoked and seasoned meat. I have a dry rub reciepe for pork ribs that doesn't need any sauce.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 10:30:40 am by dbacks fan » Logged
dbacks fan
« Reply #55 on: May 27, 2010, 10:41:00 am »

To anyone on TN if you come to Phoenix here are two places you shoud try:

http://www.joesrealbbq.com/

http://www.honeybearsbbq.com/

I highly recommend them both.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #56 on: May 27, 2010, 12:15:32 pm »

To anyone on TN if you come to Phoenix here are two places you shoud try:

http://www.joesrealbbq.com/

http://www.honeybearsbbq.com/

I highly recommend them both.

I'd love to.  Will they require my papers?

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #57 on: May 27, 2010, 12:22:24 pm »

I'd love to.  Will they require my papers?

Ooooo, left jab to prepare for the upper cut
dbacks fan
« Reply #58 on: May 27, 2010, 12:35:04 pm »

I'd love to.  Will they require my papers?

Only if you're not house broken. Wink
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 01:07:24 pm by dbacks fan » Logged
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #59 on: May 27, 2010, 07:50:53 pm »

Take your passport.  You can now get a little business card size passport in addition to the regular one (about $20) that can be used for Mexico, Canada, Bermuda (I think) and Arizona.  Kind of handy for "local" foreign travel.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org