A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:45:20 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Senor Tequila BAD!  (Read 10552 times)
chas22
« on: May 22, 2010, 12:24:08 pm »

Save your money and don't go to Senor Tequila at Mingo & 101st. The food quality is somewhere between a Taco bell and a Patio TV dinner with a weird and almost sweet flavor.  Noisy with lot’s of screaming kids.  Margaritas are lacking tequila and to sweet. The band that was playing outside was really bad and kind of reminded me of the Darlings that were on the Beverly Hillbillies but not country or nearly as good, Just a Ma and Pa band.  Overall it was like going to a Mexican Chuck E. Cheese’s
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 06:42:03 am by chas22 » Logged
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 01:04:28 pm »

I used to like Senoir Tequila's, at least the one that was at 51st and Harvard.  The others have always been on the lesser side in my opinion.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 01:16:48 pm »

101st & Mingo? I had no idea they had built one out there. I know there is a South of the border at 103& Memorial and Senior Tequila's at 71st east of Sheridan and on Brookside.
In2neon
Citizen

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2010, 01:09:33 am »

Well, now,  hold on a minute.... I guess to each their own....
Or posted by a competitor.....
We just ate there tonight and it tasted consistant with all the other Senior Teq's that we have loved over the years...
Already looking foreward to visiting this very same location AGAIN soon....
Family of 3 ate heartily for 15 bux.... We shared a beef fajita ...Oh and did I mention they have the BEST flour tortillias in town...

inteller
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2010, 06:44:39 am »

this new location is "ok". I still prefer 71st/Sheridan location though.
dsjeffries
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2010, 09:46:39 pm »

Save your money and don't go to Senor Tequila at Mingo & 101st. The food quality is somewhere between a Taco bell and a Patio TV dinner with a weird and almost sweet flavor.  Noisy with lot’s screaming kids.  Margaritas are lacking tequila and to sweet. The band that was outside was really bad and kind of reminded me of the Darlings that were on the Beverly Hillbillies but not nearly as good.  Overall it was like a Mexican Chuck E. Cheese’s

That isn't limited to just that location. Senor Tequila has some of the worst "food" I've had. Canned enchilada sauce, canned salsa, it's basically a microwave dinner. It's disgusting, and I don't care how cheap it is. I can get better food at Taco Bell, and that's saying something.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2010, 06:27:41 am »

That isn't limited to just that location. Senor Tequila has some of the worst "food" I've had. Canned enchilada sauce, canned salsa, it's basically a microwave dinner. It's disgusting, and I don't care how cheap it is. I can get better food at Taco Bell, and that's saying something.

I thought the 51st & harvard one was okay but maybe the horrible service and long lines made me assume it was worth eating.
OpenYourEyesTulsa
Civic Leader

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2010, 09:23:23 am »

The Senior Tequila on Brookside used to have my favorite margaritas until El Guapos opened with their 70 ounce fish bowl sized margarita called Little Neddy Goes to War. 
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2010, 12:37:31 pm »

Sr. Tequila is pretty "meh" in my books.  I like to explore the various independent places in east Tulsa. 

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2010, 07:44:53 pm »

I have some words for you: Tacos de Carne Asada with flour tortillas.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2010, 12:02:56 pm »

I have some words for you: Tacos de Carne Asada with flour tortillas.

+10

So simple but so damn good!

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
HazMatCFO
Civic Leader

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2010, 04:16:56 pm »

Went there myself with my wife and service was spotty while the food was very bland.

Not going back.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2010, 04:46:31 pm »

I went a few weeks back and gave it a B to B-. Still prefer El Tequila and Compadres.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org