A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:57:23 am
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bristol Palin Gets Her Own Speaking Gig  (Read 23974 times)
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2010, 01:44:10 pm »

To be fair, if her name was Smith, Jones, or Miller she wouldn't be pulling down 30k a speech either. Her giving well paid speeches on abstinence is seemingly very much in the political tradition of speaking one way and acting in another. Bristol has now fully stepped into the professional political arena and is now a paid politician in her own right having formed her own PR and political consulting company. That will come with both praise and criticism. Someone still needs to explain that to her mother. This is especially true when you practice very divisive politics like her mother. Since she is her mother’s daughter and seeing as she is starting as an advocate for abstinence only programs I’m sure she is going to be just as divisive as her mother, and I’m guessing she’s going to play the victim card just like mommy too. But then it’s good theater for Sarah to play the victim and the better the theater, the more money Sarah makes. It’s very predictable that you buy the whole “poor Sarah” bit. Poor Sarah nothing, she is making very fine bank playing poor Sarah.

As for Bristol and what she is doing. I am not against abstinence programs, I would prefer that they are only part of a more complete sex education for teens but I think they have real value. Teen pregnancy is a real problem and for some kids these programs work. Obviously not for Bristol personally.

Most of all, Bristol is a terrible role model for teens. Her claim to fame IS her teen pregnancy (and her mother). She is a 19 year single mother who skipped college, now has her own company and is traveling the country to cheering crowds making more money in a night than probably any other single teen mother makes in a year. All because she got knocked up by a buffoon who posed in Playgirl. She’s nothing less than a terrible role model.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/01/05/bristol-palins-new-compan_n_411920.html

You're right.  Seems like she's made the most of a bad situation.  I commend her entrepreneurship.  She has taken what could have been a life of ridicule from opponents of her mother, and turned that very energy back in on itself.  Good for her.

In the face of failure, she saw opportunity.  There is no better teacher than failure.  

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2010, 01:48:13 pm »

Wonderful.

Listen up ladies!!!  I did it!!!  So can you!!!
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2010, 01:59:39 pm »

I'm calling BS on this and the others that claim this thread is about Bristol, If her last name was Smith, Jones, Miller, etc., there would not be a thread on this topic and no one would care. But since its Palin, out comes the long knives.

I think my comment might have gone over your head.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2010, 02:23:39 pm »

I think my comment might have gone over your head.

His hair was waving in the wind as you went by
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #49 on: July 05, 2012, 09:39:13 am »

On a positive:

Viewers from both sides of the political spectrum voted loud and clear on this celebreality series, which follows Sarah Palin’s daughter Bristol as she moves to L.A. with her young son. The premiere drew a mere 726,000 viewers and didn’t even rank among the night’s top 100 cable programs in key demos. Not even a much-hyped confrontation with a heckler at a Hollywood bar could entice people to tune in. And the indignity continued this week, with Lifetime bumping “Tripp” to 11 PM in favor of “Dance Mom” repeats. (Ouch.)

http://tinyurl.com/7gqtkn5
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2012, 09:42:35 am »

I’d heard it was cancelled.  Let’s see, she’s got notoriety because her mother was a failed VP candidate then a gig on Dancing With The Stars even though she’s never starred in anything.  I really don’t see how that adds up to anything of interest.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #51 on: July 05, 2012, 09:46:06 am »

I’d heard it was cancelled. 

I was pleased I didn't know it existed until this article.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #52 on: July 07, 2012, 03:31:10 pm »

I’d heard it was cancelled.  Let’s see, she’s got notoriety because her mother was a failed VP candidate then a gig on Dancing With The Stars even though she’s never starred in anything.  I really don’t see how that adds up to anything of interest.

Welcome to America. Also, take a look around sometime at all the reality shows and ask yourself, "what have those people done that is of any interest and why do they have a show?"

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #53 on: July 07, 2012, 03:58:51 pm »

Welcome to America. Also, take a look around sometime at all the reality shows and ask yourself, "what have those people done that is of any interest and why do they have a show?"

"Duck Dynasty" especially.  Really?  A reality show about a family whose company makes duck decoys and calls?

I think reality TV has jumped the shark.  I mean, probably two years ago, but this is killing me.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #54 on: July 07, 2012, 06:43:56 pm »

When I first saw the title to this thread, I thought it said "Bristol Palin Gets Her Own Spanking Gig."  Come to think of it, I should pitch that to one of the networks!  It would probably bring in more viewers than her show.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #55 on: July 07, 2012, 07:22:28 pm »

When I first saw the title to this thread, I thought it said "Bristol Palin Gets Her Own Spanking Gig."  Come to think of it, I should pitch that to one of the networks!  It would probably bring in more viewers than her show.

Let me help you with your show concept.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #56 on: July 08, 2012, 11:32:37 pm »

Damn, there’s her concept:

“Spanking Trig”

Totally not PC mom disciplining her child with Downs.  All the libs would scream, it would create a furor and her ratings would soar for about 2 weeks or whatever the media attention span is these days.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #57 on: October 08, 2012, 02:31:22 pm »

Good news everyone.

Sarah Palin: Haters can't stop Bristol

Sarah “Mama Grizzly” Palin says that “haters” won’t deter her daughter Bristol. The former Alaska governor addressed threats made against Bristol, who’s currently a contestant on “Dancing With the Stars,” in a Facebook post on Monday:

"I’m in California today to support Bristol. I’m sorry to see that she’s again getting those annoying death threats and more “mysterious white powder” sent to her while on DWTS this All-Star season. These threats sure waste a lot of time, production and public resources; but do the haters really think this will stop Bristol and Mark and the show’s producers from keepin' on keepin' on? Silly critics -- after all these years of goofy antics like this we find these efforts are actually quite motivating! Bristol’s not letting this get her down. Anyway, tonight is a “double elimination” night, so hopefully everyone who has supported her so far will do so again!"

So at least there's that.

I'm guessing they are mailing themselves the "mysterious white power".
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #58 on: October 08, 2012, 02:52:18 pm »

"Honestly mommy, it's anthrax, not cocaine!!"

DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #59 on: October 08, 2012, 02:53:19 pm »

Bristol. "So Hot Right Now" Bristol.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 02:58:47 pm by DolfanBob » Logged

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org