A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 04:26:46 am
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bristol Palin Gets Her Own Speaking Gig  (Read 23887 times)
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2010, 09:38:23 am »

Not rhetoric, no.

Why the attempt to drift the thread?

Can't come up with anything?

Any coming attack from you will be proof that you can't.

She's done more harm than good.

Just a subtle reminder of your hypocrisy:

http://www.tulsanow.org/forum/index.php?topic=14979.0

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2010, 09:39:09 am »

We have a president who lies so often that the truth is obfuscated; we have a VP who is so phenomenally gaffe-tastic he cannot be taken seriously; we have an AG that criticizes states' bills he hasn't read and refuses to accept that radical Islam exists; we have two congressmen who very well could be responsible for the housing crisis getting a pass (Dodd & Frank); we have a Senate majority leader who think that 36,000 people losing their jobs is good; and you are talking about Sarah Palin?

What's that got to do with my argument that there are far better standard-bearers for the conservative movement?  Do you honestly think she is the best face for the conservative movement?

It's one thing for voter sentiment (as evidenced from primaries last night) to turn Congress over in the fall, quite another to have some cohesive and competent leadership so we don't squander another opportunity.  I can't honestly see any more accomplishments on former Gov. Palin's resume other than being a councilwoman and governor of one of the least populated states.  Which, I might add, she quit early due to political bullying.  Quitting doesn't typify the best leaders.  Many have gone before her and faced even bigger challenges.

She's blindly partisan and that is not where the country is right now, nor what it needs. 

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2010, 09:42:00 am »

This is a HORRIBLE HORRIBLE example to set for young girls.  Get knocked up in the 10th grade and get a crap load of money to talk about it.  

How do you know her message won't be something like: "Don't make the same mistake I did, but if you do..."

"HORRIBLE" sounds a bit over the top.  I was simply musing in the OP about who would really pay to hear what she's got to say.  I hope it's something compelling and winds up preventing more teen pregnancies, assuming groups will pay to have her come speak.  That wouldn't be horrible, would it?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2010, 09:45:28 am »

Just a subtle reminder of your hypocrisy:

http://www.tulsanow.org/forum/index.php?topic=14979.0

I'm sad to say, I barely spend any time on here anymore.  There's not much else being posted aside from the political.

I'm not trying to be a complainer but it just seems like the same 4 to 6 people are posting from one far side of the political spectrum to the other.  Pass on the constant bow shots.

Was everyone run off?  Nothing else to post?  Only folks left post on political topics?

I'm going to attempt to find some positive subjects to comment on around Tulsa.

If anyone sees anything fun or constructive, please post them.  I'd love to see them.

Maybe in the Spring.

Yup, that was me.  How is this "hypocrisy" Doc?

This is fun for me.  These aren't bow shots at each other.  I'm making fun of a politician who's very successful at what she's decided to do and her litter.

Your attempts at bow shooting however are sad.

Have fun with it or keep acting like a little girl and thread drift.  Your choice.

More people have come back to the forum now that there is less back and forthing between the old players.  I've seen some new as well.  I'm happy about that.  Try to keep your cool.

Now, back to the topic at hand:

It is a bad example.  As long as the young mothers say what they did was wrong and only abstaining is right, all is ok?
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2010, 09:50:26 am »

Yup, that was me.  How is this "hypocrisy" Doc?

This is fun for me.  These aren't bow shots at each other.  I'm making fun of a politician who's very successful at what she's decided to do and her litter.

Your attempts at bow shooting however are sad.

Have fun with it or keep acting like a little girl and thread drift.  Your choice.

More people have come back to the forum now that there is less back and forthing between the old players.  I've seen some new as well.  I'm happy about that.  Try to keep your cool.

Now, back to the topic at hand:

It is a bad example.  As long as the young mothers say what they did was wrong and only abstaining is right, all is ok?

Acting like a "girl"? What does that mean exactly you misogynist. As for your substance, you were the one publicly whining about how mean spirited this forum is and here you are doing exactly what you were criticizing.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2010, 09:53:02 am »

Acting like a "girl"? What does that mean exactly you misogynist. As for your substance, you were the one publicly whining about how mean spirited this forum is and here you are doing exactly what you were criticizing.

It seems to be the only way you communicate.

I was trying to speak your language.

Anyway, I'm done with it.  Have a day.

Sorry for going off course folks.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2010, 09:54:59 am »

What's that got to do with my argument that there are far better standard-bearers for the conservative movement?  Do you honestly think she is the best face for the conservative movement?

It's one thing for voter sentiment (as evidenced from primaries last night) to turn Congress over in the fall, quite another to have some cohesive and competent leadership so we don't squander another opportunity.  I can't honestly see any more accomplishments on former Gov. Palin's resume other than being a councilwoman and governor of one of the least populated states.  Which, I might add, she quit early due to political bullying.  Quitting doesn't typify the best leaders.  Many have gone before her and faced even bigger challenges.

She's blindly partisan and that is not where the country is right now, nor what it needs. 

Come on Conan, she's trying to earn a freaking living. And as for what the country needs? Palin draws thousands at her appearances and her endorsements mean a ton (whether good or bad). What do we know what's best for the conservative movement.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2010, 09:56:18 am »

It seems to be the only way you communicate.

I was trying to speak your language.

Anyway, I'm done with it.  Have a day.

Sorry for going off course folks.

Translation: I have been busted and am bailing because I do not want further humiliation. And I am not a "doc".

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2010, 10:00:06 am »

This is a HORRIBLE HORRIBLE example to set for young girls.  Get knocked up in the 10th grade and get a crap load of money to talk about it.  

Please link to me your "HORRIBLE HORRIBLE" criticisms of Ted Kennedy and his allowing a young woman to die in his car, or that Sen. Bird and his klan affiliations, or Clinton's shoving a cigar up an intern's hoo hoo.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2010, 10:00:50 am »

Translation: I have been busted and am bailing because I do not want further humiliation. And I am not a "doc".

Busted how?

Bailing?  Nah...I'll keep commenting about the thread but I've got nothing else to add right now.

Humiliation?  where?

"Doc" was alluding to the "hypocricy" poo you toss.  Kilmer used the term a few times in a movie as Doc Holiday.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 10:02:41 am by Townsend » Logged
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2010, 10:02:13 am »

Please link to me your "HORRIBLE HORRIBLE" criticisms of Ted Kennedy and his allowing a young woman to die in his car, or that Sen. Bird and his klan affiliations, or Clinton's shoving a cigar up an intern's hoo hoo.

Bristol Palin thread...not a Ted Kennedy or Cigar thread.   You have nothing to defend your position so you try to crash the topic.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2010, 10:10:03 am »

Bristol Palin thread...not a Ted Kennedy or Cigar thread.   You have nothing to defend your position so you try to crash the topic.

Are you still talking? As for the thread drift, this was never about Bristol Palin. It was about attacking Sarah Palin and finding a backdoor approach and everyone knows it. Everyone is just so galled by Sarah Palin's nomination that 1.5 years later they are still complaining about it and her, throwing everything at her and the proverbial kitchen sink. Jeez folks, get some context and focus on the real demons in politics.

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2010, 10:11:16 am »

When will one of the Palin women pose for Playboy?

Power is nothing till you use it.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2010, 10:12:41 am »

As for the thread drift, this was never about Bristol Palin.

The subject of the thread is "Bristol Palin gets her own speaking gig".

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2010, 10:26:02 am »

Come on Conan, she's trying to earn a freaking living. And as for what the country needs? Palin draws thousands at her appearances and her endorsements mean a ton (whether good or bad). What do we know what's best for the conservative movement.

Well, as a life-long conservative, and as an observer of history I feel I've got a say in it and have an idea what is best.    Granted, my social leanings are to the left of former Gov. Palin and I identify far closer with the Libertarians than the GOP these days. I assume you know what's best for the conservative movement, as you do seem to be a very good observer of political matters and you are decidedly conservative.

Sarah Palin is a political rock star.  She's probably one of the luckiest people since John, Paul, & George rang up Richard Starkey.  I simply don't see the kind of great leadership qualities in her that I saw in Ronald Reagan.  Overall, I think Mitt Romney has the best political sense, fiscal sense, and proven track record of success and should be leading the conservative movement.

I also feel like her partisanship is along the lines of Newt Gingrich.  We see how well the Contract For America panned out, how well ratcheting up partisanship an extra few notches worked (White Water anyone?) and how poorly Republicans squandered any semblance of fiscal responsibility from 2001 to 2006. 

I simply hear nothing innovative coming from former Gov. Palin's mouth.  All I hear are the same divisive talking points over and over again.  I also find it somewhat amusing that a failed VP candidate's 19 year-old offspring now is considered great public speaking material.  More power to Bristol Palin, she's been through a lot so far in her young life.  If she can make a great living touring around speaking and it keeps her off the public dole, I'm good with that.  I hope she's got an inspirational message  which makes a difference in people's lives. 

That said, I really don't see what the Palin family is doing is much different than the way Jon and Kate Gosselin whored out their family for fame and the almightly buck.  They are simply doing it in the name of conservative politics and apparently they've found a great niche.  It's a great reality series.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org