A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:17:39 am
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bristol Palin Gets Her Own Speaking Gig  (Read 23942 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« on: May 19, 2010, 08:09:17 am »

Not bad, $15 to $30K per speech?  Not sure who is interested in listening, but sure wish I'd had that gig when I was 19.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/37216290/ns/today-today_people/

"Bristol Palin is hitting the speakers' circuit and will command between $15,000 and $30,000 for each appearance, Palin family attorney Thomas Van Flein said Monday.

Van Flein confirmed a report by celebrity news website RadarOnline that the daughter of former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin has signed with Single Source Speakers.

He added her exact fees will depend on factors such as which group she's addressing and what she must to do prepare.

Bristol Palin, 19, is listed on the speaking group's website as available for conferences, fundraisers, special events and holidays, as well as women's, youth, abstinence and "pro-life" programs.

Her fee is denoted by four question marks, meaning "Call to discuss!" The same designation is given to New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees.

A message left late Monday for Ron Miller, with Single Source Speakers, was not immediately returned.

Bristol Palin was thrust into the spotlight as a pregnant teen during her mother's unsuccessful campaign for vice president in 2008.

She had son Tripp that year and has since spoken about abstinence and the challenges of life as a young single mother.

Van Flein said Bristol Palin will be selective in the speeches she gives.

He said he believes she's interested in expanding her message beyond teen pregnancy to include her experiences on the campaign trail and in the media spotlight; her parenting approach; and her outlook on life.

Bristol Palin lives in Anchorage and works in a physician's office, Van Flein said.

Read more: http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/37216290/ns/today-today_people/#ixzz0oNuTbpaH

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 08:22:20 am »

Well that's fantastic.

Can you imagine the creepiness in the audience?

Probably some of the same whackos that live by her mother's blatherings but this time they're drooling over a teenager.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 08:38:29 am »

Wow.

Pandering certainly Pays if you are a Palin.

That family is ruthless, they are taking those Tea Partiers for every cent they can grab.

Couldn’t happen to a nicer group of people.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010, 08:40:27 am »

She'll be able to run for VP in 16 years.
we vs us
City Father

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2010, 08:49:57 am »

She'll be able to run for VP in 16 years.

+1!
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2010, 08:56:11 am »

Oh great, another Palin bashing thread. Misogynists alert!!!

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2010, 08:57:49 am »

Oh great, another Palin bashing thread. Misogynists alert!!!

By all means, add something positive and helpful.  What does she provide for us?
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2010, 09:02:19 am »

If nothing else, she provides us with a baseline of ignorance.

Please tell this family that they are now on minute 30 and counting....

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2010, 09:07:18 am »

Honestly Guido, I'm really not sure what keeps the Palin family relevant.  If not for having the cosmic good luck to be selected by Sen. McCain as a running mate, they would still be anonymous outside of Alaska.  Former Governor Palin doesn't strike me as being any brighter than I would be about conservative viewpoints, especially after a week-long immersion in Hannity, Beck, O'Reilly, & Limbaugh as to the most current talking points.  I can repeat all that stuff as well.

I agree with many of Mrs. Palin's viewpoints, sorry if my donkey is still smarting a little over Sen. McCain's poor pick for a running mate.  There are so many better-qualified (and more believeable) candidates to carry the torch of the conservative movement these days. 

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2010, 09:10:43 am »

She gives voice to the mentally stunted.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2010, 09:25:25 am »

She gives voice to the mentally stunted.

Weren't you the one b!tching about the rhetoric in this forum a while back?

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2010, 09:28:19 am »

Weren't you the one b!tching about the rhetoric in this forum a while back?

Not rhetoric, no.

Why the attempt to drift the thread?

Can't come up with anything?

Any coming attack from you will be proof that you can't.

She's done more harm than good.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2010, 09:31:36 am »

Honestly Guido, I'm really not sure what keeps the Palin family relevant.  If not for having the cosmic good luck to be selected by Sen. McCain as a running mate, they would still be anonymous outside of Alaska.  Former Governor Palin doesn't strike me as being any brighter than I would be about conservative viewpoints, especially after a week-long immersion in Hannity, Beck, O'Reilly, & Limbaugh as to the most current talking points.  I can repeat all that stuff as well.

I agree with many of Mrs. Palin's viewpoints, sorry if my donkey is still smarting a little over Sen. McCain's poor pick for a running mate.  There are so many better-qualified (and more believeable) candidates to carry the torch of the conservative movement these days. 

We have a president who lies so often that the truth is obfuscated; we have a VP who is so phenomenally gaffe-tastic he cannot be taken seriously; we have an AG that criticizes states' bills he hasn't read and refuses to accept that radical Islam exists; we have two congressmen who very well could be responsible for the housing crisis getting a pass (Dodd & Frank); we have a Senate majority leader who think that 36,000 people losing their jobs is good; and you are talking about Sarah Palin?

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2010, 09:33:52 am »

you are talking about Sarah Palin?

Yes we are.

THREAD DRIFT ATTEMPT ALERT!!!  AUUUUOOOOOOOOGAAAAAA, AUUUUOOOOOGAAAAA

Edited to correct myself.  We should be roasting the daughter in order to keep the thread on course.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 09:37:38 am by Townsend » Logged
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2010, 09:37:28 am »

This is a HORRIBLE HORRIBLE example to set for young girls.  Get knocked up in the 10th grade and get a crap load of money to talk about it.  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org