A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:48:11 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jack in the Box - BA  (Read 9619 times)
zstyles
Philanthropist

« on: May 12, 2010, 09:45:25 am »

Went there, was a flop, just wondering if anyone else has had the same BAD food I had. I had high expectations as seeing the MASSIVE lines the first few weeks.
\
I will stick with Crow Creek, Backyard or heck even Carl's Jr. over this place.  Anyone else? I called the corporate about my experience, found out the Taco's(yes taco I know at a burger place) are pre-made and just deep fried at the store...Mean..far from juicy...save your money..no wonder this place went out of business in Tulsa years ago.
jamesrage
Philanthropist

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 09:31:44 am »

The last time I been to a Jack in the Box was back in 00-01 when I was stationed at Fort Hood Tx. I am going to have to check that Jack in the Box out. Of course I bet their 2 for 99˘ tacos since inflation are now 2 for $1.50 tacos or 2 for $2.00 tacos.

A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 09:35:32 am »

I've heard rumor of a second one going up at the old Phillips station in front of the Reasors at 41st/Garnett.  Not sure how much truth there is to this, but the source seemed fairly in-the-know.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
dbacks fan
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2010, 10:03:49 am »

Personally, I don't go there for tacos, too many other places to go to for that.
TheTed
City Father

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2010, 01:26:21 pm »

Jack in the Box is drunk food. Great when it's 2:30am and you've had a few, terrible otherwise. But that location closes pretty early, so you better get started drinking early.

zstyles
Philanthropist

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2010, 01:43:43 pm »

LOL nice! Two for .99 tacos are still there..but ya...dont go if you want something flavorful...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2010, 02:11:28 pm »

LOL nice! Two for .99 tacos are still there..but ya...dont go if you want something flavorful...

A 50 cent taco is worth exactly that...GHACK!

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
OpenYourEyesTulsa
Civic Leader

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2010, 03:36:35 pm »

Went there, was a flop, just wondering if anyone else has had the same BAD food I had. I had high expectations as seeing the MASSIVE lines the first few weeks.
\
I will stick with Crow Creek, Backyard or heck even Carl's Jr. over this place.  Anyone else? I called the corporate about my experience, found out the Taco's(yes taco I know at a burger place) are pre-made and just deep fried at the store...Mean..far from juicy...save your money..no wonder this place went out of business in Tulsa years ago.

People in Tulsa will line up like crazy people for anything new.  It is kind of sad.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2010, 03:41:31 pm »

People in Tulsa will line up like crazy people for anything new.  It is kind of sad.

Speaking of, has Smashburger shuffled off to permanent FAIL yet?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2010, 05:14:23 pm »

I maybe alone on this one, but I love those deep fried tacos. Straight up college food (a little o/t)along with White Castle's and the Del Taco Macho Combo Burrito. To the metro east Illinois folks on this board (there are a few), what about those enchiladas and tacos from Bert's Chuckwagon?

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2010, 10:19:20 am »

Ha ! I thought I was alone on this one. My son wanted to go to Smashburger for his Birthday. What the heck just me and him.
26 Dollars for two burgers, fries for him onion rings for me and two drinks.
No cost related opinion here. They are OK ! just OK ! his friends had pimped this place so hard he was just ecstatic to be there.
I'm sorry but Fuddruckers across the street beats this teeny tiny little restaurant.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
joiei
City Father

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2010, 11:25:28 am »

they have done so badly that they opened another one over on 71st in chain restaurant row.    And they are building one in OKC apparently. 

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2010, 12:50:40 pm »

they have done so badly that they opened another one over on 71st in chain restaurant row.    And they are building one in OKC apparently. 

Lots of chains keep expanding without regard to sustainability, especially new franchisees.  It was an unimpressive, forgettable, over-priced burger.  I've not returned and it's more convenient to my office than other places I frequent for lunch.

Only time will tell though, as with any of my predictions of failure, I hope I am wrong. 

Sounds like Fat Guys has been the big burger hit of the year in the Tulsa area.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org