A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:01:06 am
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Beware Of Dog  (Read 156996 times)
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #165 on: March 08, 2016, 11:37:09 am »

Police arrested a burglary suspect they said assaulted a K9 officer Saturday.
When a K9 tried to apprehend Gary Wright (pic of man with multiple bite marks on face), he allegedly punched and kicked the K9 several times before he grabbed it by the ears and started to twist them.

Something similar happened a week earlier... guy getting his face eaten is charged with "mistreating a police dog" when he tried to pull the dog off.

http://www.fox23.com/news/local/chase-suspect-accused-of-choking-k-9-officer-during-standoff/77972367

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #166 on: March 08, 2016, 11:42:05 am »

The dog was on its own property. The Deputy pulled into the homeowners long driveway and pulled up towards the house and the deputy got out. The dog was barking and as the officer continued towards the house. The dog then starting moving at the officer and he shot the dog. The dog was 100 yards from any property border when it was shot. The dog never touched the officer. This is from the Sheriff's own version of events (and the homeowners security camera). There are no leash laws on your own property. I also question whether or not there are leash laws in Rogers County outside city limits - I highly suspect NOT.

The officer should have gotten back in his car, like the postman, UPS, FedEx, Girl Scouts or any other host of visitors surely do and none of this would have been an issue.

"Excuse me ma'am. From time to time our officers may be investigating a non-violent crime that was long ago over and for which you were not a suspect, but in the course of that investigation we may come onto your property. So we're going to need you to remove all fences, undo your locks, chain your dogs up, pick up the cat poop, and make sure to have a pot of coffee on at all times. Otherwise we will knock down your fence, bust your locks, shoot your dog, staple your cats butt shut, and take whatever we dang well please. K Thx Bai."

A woman whose dog was shot by a Rogers County sheriff’s deputy this week said she is “frustrated” by the way the lawman handled the situation.
Bruno, a 70-pound German shepherd, was shot in the left shoulder Wednesday evening and left bleeding at a residence near Owasso, said his owner, Angie Laymon.

Rogers County Sheriff Scott Walton said Deputy Logan Eller was justified in his actions.
Laymon, who said her dog will survive, disagrees.

“I have a world of emotions,” she said Friday during a telephone interview. “I’m frustrated and disappointed. My husband used to be a deputy, and he says you don’t shoot first. His (the deputy’s) excuse was he panicked.

“So if you’re in a situation and it’s a human, and someone screams at you or yells at you or gets loud, are you going to panic and shoot them? If you’re panicking, get back in your car or don’t get out of the car if you’re scared of dogs. It’s very frustrating.”

Deputies were dispatched to the area of Laymon’s home after receiving a call about a window being shot out at a home about a half-mile from hers, she said.

Eller pulled into Laymon’s long driveway, got out of his car and was confronted by two barking dogs, Bruno and a 5-month-old female German shepherd, Laymon said.

“My dog will run. If someone’s there and they get out, he will run past them and run back,” Laymon said. “So my dog ran past him, and as he turned and started back, he (the deputy) shot him. Four seconds from the time he put his car in park to the time he shot my dog.”

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #167 on: March 08, 2016, 01:40:20 pm »

Something similar happened a week earlier... guy getting his face eaten is charged with "mistreating a police dog" when he tried to pull the dog off.

I have seen cases in which the dog was set upon a suspect, the dog grabbed the suspects leg as it was trained, and the suspect tried to kick the dog loose as is ones reflex.  The underlying charges were dropped (it was the wrong person), but they kept pressing the "assaulting a police officer" charge.  I left that firm before the case concluded...but I thought that was manifestly unfair.  Even if my own dog started biting my leg for some reason, my reflex would be to try and kick it off.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #168 on: March 27, 2016, 02:42:42 pm »

I have seen cases in which the dog was set upon a suspect, the dog grabbed the suspects leg as it was trained, and the suspect tried to kick the dog loose as is ones reflex.  The underlying charges were dropped (it was the wrong person), but they kept pressing the "assaulting a police officer" charge.  I left that firm before the case concluded...but I thought that was manifestly unfair.  Even if my own dog started biting my leg for some reason, my reflex would be to try and kick it off.

Not to be cliche, but it almost seems like a nationwide epidemic.  How do trends like this get momentum in the first place?

The dramatic surveillance footage shows the dog wagging its tail as it approaches the officer who backs away with his handgun drawn. He then fires a single bullet at pointblank range, hitting the dog in the head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phTz5Gy9yU8

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #169 on: May 11, 2016, 04:17:08 pm »

http://www.fox23.com/news/police-shoot-kill-south-tulsa-pet/276634852

Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #170 on: July 02, 2016, 06:03:34 pm »

The dramatic surveillance footage shows the dog wagging its tail as it approaches the officer who backs away with his handgun drawn. He then fires a single bullet at pointblank range, hitting the dog in the head.

Killing peoples pets is just practice for killing people.  

http://www.fox23.com/news/tulsa-police-investigate-armed-robbery-near-admiral-and-delaware/380068424

Oklahoma police officer shoots and kills family dog with an AR-15 during boy’s fifth birthday party

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Al0Ci-A3-uM

"During the investigation, a dog tried to attack the officers. Police shot the dog in self defense."
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 08:21:19 pm by Vashta Nerada » Logged
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #171 on: December 26, 2016, 09:55:25 am »

“Beyond the scope of sanity:”  A federal appeals court has sided with police officers who fatally shot two dogs during a drug raid, even though officers testified that one of the dogs was merely barking and “just standing there.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/court-rules-it-was-reasonable-for-cop-to-shoot-dog-for-barking_us_585c4bc9e4b0eb586485d619

Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #172 on: April 30, 2017, 06:14:15 pm »

Sheriff’s handler’s K-9 mistook him for the suspect; and he had to shoot him

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #173 on: January 07, 2019, 07:36:18 pm »

AVAILABLE NOW
Experienced K-9 Handler seeks employment,
prefer NYPD but will settle for Oklahoma.
Good with animals, brave, honest and dependable.

NSFW    https://twitter.com/catiejwoodson/status/1081341113062117376/video/1
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 07:39:49 pm by patric » Logged

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #174 on: October 20, 2019, 09:47:25 pm »

A QuikTrip security guard shot at a dog after a man, who was allegedly attempting to steal beer, ordered his dog to attack the guard.

A man entered the store and allegedly attempted to steal beer. The man allegedly ordered his dog to attack when confronted by the security guard in the parking lot. Witnesses reported and surveillance video indicated that the dog chased the guard around the parking lot before the shot was fired.

https://www.tulsaworld.com/news/quiktrip-security-guard-shoots-at-dog-after-man-allegedly-orders/article_99f0d458-afe1-56ab-b45c-73aef9e72517.html

How much would A&E pay for that video?

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #175 on: October 21, 2019, 06:07:51 pm »

A QuikTrip security guard shot at a dog after a man, who was allegedly attempting to steal beer, ordered his dog to attack the guard.

A man entered the store and allegedly attempted to steal beer. The man allegedly ordered his dog to attack when confronted by the security guard in the parking lot. Witnesses reported and surveillance video indicated that the dog chased the guard around the parking lot before the shot was fired.

https://www.tulsaworld.com/news/quiktrip-security-guard-shoots-at-dog-after-man-allegedly-orders/article_99f0d458-afe1-56ab-b45c-73aef9e72517.html

How much would A&E pay for that video?

Stupid.  Shoot the man first since he is attacking with a dangerous weapon.  Then shoot the dog.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org