A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:07:10 am
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Beware Of Dog  (Read 156988 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #150 on: March 04, 2016, 12:16:52 pm »

There is one small point to all this that I didn't see mentioned.  There are leash laws in Owasso and surrounds.  The dog was out running loose in the street.  She should have had the dog restrained and none of this would have been an issue.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #151 on: March 04, 2016, 01:12:07 pm »

There is one small point to all this that I didn't see mentioned.  There are leash laws in Owasso and surrounds.  The dog was out running loose in the street.  She should have had the dog restrained and none of this would have been an issue.

The dog was in the street?
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #152 on: March 04, 2016, 01:45:36 pm »

Can you cite that?

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #153 on: March 04, 2016, 04:30:00 pm »

The sheriff responded Friday regarding the dog that was left bleeding at the home for the owner's children to find. "I'm not getting into the dog ambulance business. We can't do that," Rogers County Sheriff Scott Walton said.

What an A-hole
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #154 on: March 04, 2016, 05:39:40 pm »

What an A-hole

I believe he's the same doucherocket that appeared in the Tulsa Gold commercials a few years back.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #155 on: March 04, 2016, 06:29:44 pm »

One of our German Shepherds, years ago, like to escape and didn't always come right back.  I called the Bixby Police to tell them about the situation and tell them they didn't need to shoot the dog.  Fortunately, we got the dog back in our yard before anything happened.

Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #156 on: March 05, 2016, 04:18:38 pm »

I believe he's the same doucherocket that appeared in the Tulsa Gold commercials a few years back.

The dog showed its teeth and the deputy wet his pants.  Sheriff says end of investigation, but thats not all he swept under the carpet this week:

No arrests made after drunken Tulsa County Sheriff's SWAT member crashes police van full of weapons, body armor in Wagoner county.

Wagoner County said they pursued a Tulsa County Sheriff's SWAT van that had been reportedly involved in a domestic dispute there, until it crashed just inside Rogers county. 
Wagoner deputies were concerned that the driver was armed and in a van with SWAT equipment, and notified Rogers County when the van crashed at 293rd East Avenue and Admiral, in Rogers County.

Rogers County deputies captured the driver after a short foot pursuit in the woods.  He was then handcuffed and given two field sobriety tests; the first at the scene where Deputy Robert Wesley Lovett blew a .01 then a second that didn't register.

Tulsa County was contacted and the van and equipment were released back to them.

Rogers County Sheriff Scott Walton says there was no arrest affidavit because Lovett did not commit a crime in Rogers County.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #157 on: March 05, 2016, 05:05:10 pm »

Why is it the title Sheriff seems to corrupt people who once seemed to be pretty good cops?  Three in this area the position seems to have absolutely corrupted I can think of in recent memory:

Larry Fugate in Creek Co., Glanz in Tulsa, and Walton in Rogers.  Is there a sense of entitlement that comes with the position or what?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #158 on: March 07, 2016, 09:15:09 am »

The dog was in the street?

Looked like it to me in the video...  What do you all think?  I may have mistaken it.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #159 on: March 07, 2016, 09:16:00 am »

Can you cite that?

See my reply to Townsend....looked like it to me, where the cop drove up...

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #160 on: March 07, 2016, 09:16:49 am »

Why is it the title Sheriff seems to corrupt people who once seemed to be pretty good cops?  Three in this area the position seems to have absolutely corrupted I can think of in recent memory:

Larry Fugate in Creek Co., Glanz in Tulsa, and Walton in Rogers.  Is there a sense of entitlement that comes with the position or what?

Back to Wyatt Earp and beyond... it's the natural order of things for County stuff.

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #161 on: March 07, 2016, 10:24:36 am »

The dog was on its own property. The Deputy pulled into the homeowners long driveway and pulled up towards the house and the deputy got out. The dog was barking and as the officer continued towards the house. The dog then starting moving at the officer and he shot the dog. The dog was 100 yards from any property border when it was shot. The dog never touched the officer. This is from the Sheriff's own version of events (and the homeowners security camera). There are no leash laws on your own property. I also question whether or not there are leash laws in Rogers County outside city limits - I highly suspect NOT.

The officer should have gotten back in his car, like the postman, UPS, FedEx, Girl Scouts or any other host of visitors surely do and none of this would have been an issue.

"Excuse me ma'am. From time to time our officers may be investigating a non-violent crime that was long ago over and for which you were not a suspect, but in the course of that investigation we may come onto your property. So we're going to need you to remove all fences, undo your locks, chain your dogs up, pick up the cat poop, and make sure to have a pot of coffee on at all times. Otherwise we will knock down your fence, bust your locks, shoot your dog, staple your cats butt shut, and take whatever we dang well please. K Thx Bai."

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #162 on: March 07, 2016, 11:13:07 am »

You have the wit, sir. The makings of a fine defense lawyer. Wink

onward...through the fog
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #163 on: March 07, 2016, 11:32:24 am »

The dog was on its own property. The Deputy pulled into the homeowners long driveway and pulled up towards the house and the deputy got out. The dog was barking and as the officer continued towards the house. The dog then starting moving at the officer and he shot the dog. The dog was 100 yards from any property border when it was shot. The dog never touched the officer. This is from the Sheriff's own version of events (and the homeowners security camera). There are no leash laws on your own property. I also question whether or not there are leash laws in Rogers County outside city limits - I highly suspect NOT.

The officer should have gotten back in his car, like the postman, UPS, FedEx, Girl Scouts or any other host of visitors surely do and none of this would have been an issue.

"Excuse me ma'am. From time to time our officers may be investigating a non-violent crime that was long ago over and for which you were not a suspect, but in the course of that investigation we may come onto your property. So we're going to need you to remove all fences, undo your locks, chain your dogs up, pick up the cat poop, and make sure to have a pot of coffee on at all times. Otherwise we will knock down your fence, bust your locks, shoot your dog, staple your cats butt shut, and take whatever we dang well please. K Thx Bai."

I couldn't tell about the property line from the video.  Deputy absolutely had no business getting out of the car to start with.  I would guess that he also had no right to get out since he saw no crime in progress.  He was trespassing at that point, so where are the charges against him?

And if we are gonna try to convict people of murder for killing a police dog - have seen news items about this in the past - where are the assault charges against this guy??

Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #164 on: March 07, 2016, 08:04:07 pm »

And if we are gonna try to convict people of murder for killing a police dog - have seen news items about this in the past - where are the assault charges against this guy??

Police arrested a burglary suspect they said assaulted a K9 officer Saturday.

When a K9 tried to apprehend Gary Wright (pic of man with multiple bite marks on face), he allegedly punched and kicked the K9 several times before he grabbed it by the ears and started to twist them.

Officers said Wright continued to assault the K9 until they could get him into handcuffs.
http://www.fox23.com/news/burglary-suspect-accused-of-assaulting-k9-officer-during-arrest/147415874

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org