A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:29:31 am
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Beware Of Dog  (Read 156985 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #135 on: September 15, 2014, 09:10:57 pm »

Why should he have to report to the probation officer once a month?   He still is on "probation," he just doesn't have to check in now.

No reason.  He is getting a pass on it.  I guess we are just so overwhelmed in our justice system by those evil marijuana smokers that we just don't have the room for a violent criminal.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #136 on: October 14, 2014, 07:01:06 pm »

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #137 on: October 20, 2014, 09:31:21 am »

COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho (AP) - A northern Idaho police officer whose superiors determined his shooting of a pet dog in a parked van violated policy has had his pay reduced.

The Coeur d'Alene Press reports that Coeur d'Alene Police Officer David Kelley's hourly wage was cut by $3.15.

Police put out a statement that an officer responding earlier that day to a report of a suspicious van shot and killed a "vicious pit bull" that lunged for an officer's face.
The dog turned out to be a 2-year-old black Labrador mix named Arfee, whose owner was in a coffee shop.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #138 on: October 26, 2014, 09:08:21 pm »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmNay7htV4s[/youtube]
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #139 on: October 26, 2014, 10:41:07 pm »

It's interesting just how bad a shot most cops are....I'm not quite sure whether that is a scary thing because they can't shoot, or would be scarier if they could....

Either way, I guess I'm wondering about the wisdom of seriously un-trained people running around with guns when they can't manage properly!  Too often, there is a bigger array of animate targets surrounding the area that are at serious risk from out of control gunfire!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #140 on: October 28, 2014, 06:50:15 pm »

It's interesting just how bad a shot most cops are....I'm not quite sure whether that is a scary thing because they can't shoot, or would be scarier if they could....

Either way, I guess I'm wondering about the wisdom of seriously un-trained people running around with guns when they can't manage properly!  Too often, there is a bigger array of animate targets surrounding the area that are at serious risk from out of control gunfire!

Policeman Kevin Dupre describes using a 6-month old puppy for target practice:
“I raised my duty weapon to the ready position pointed at the growling dog’s head. As soon as I lifted my pistol, the dog began coming up the hill, continuing to growl and display its teeth. The other dog began backing away. I fired three shots at it. It rolled back into the ditch and died.”

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #141 on: October 28, 2014, 07:35:33 pm »

Policeman Kevin Dupre describes using a 6-month old puppy for target practice:
“I raised my duty weapon to the ready position pointed at the growling dog’s head. As soon as I lifted my pistol, the dog began coming up the hill, continuing to growl and display its teeth. The other dog began backing away. I fired three shots at it. It rolled back into the ditch and died.”

Pathetic!  Disgusting maggot.

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #142 on: November 11, 2014, 11:04:18 am »

The Austin Police Department has designed a program to respond to controversial shootings, hoping to train its officers to use their guns only as a last resort...

http://thedailyshow.cc.com/videos/mz5mhc/police-sensitivity-training-in-austin

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #143 on: May 30, 2015, 05:35:43 pm »

Police dogs die from heat exhaustion and antifreeze poisoning about every summer here, but is hushed up.  Here is one department that seems to be very open about it:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/crime/fl-hialeah-k9-deaths-davie-20150528-story.html

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #144 on: March 03, 2016, 07:21:16 pm »

An Owasso mother said her children came home from church to find their family dog bleeding from a gunshot wound on their front porch Wednesday night. A note from the Rogers County Sheriff's Office was attached to the door.

"The deputy came on to my property when nobody was home," said Angie. "When my German shepherd did his job and approached the officer barking, the officer shot him."

Angie has home surveillance video that shows the incident. Three hours lapsed from the time the deputy shot Bruno to the time her children were dropped off from church.

Rogers County Sheriff Scott Walton said his deputy was investigating a crime in the area when he felt threatened by the dog. Walton said he used his gun to protect himself.

"Senseless brutality against my dog," said Angie.
http://www.kjrh.com/news/family-finds-dog-bleeding-from-gunshot-wound-on-front-porch?google_editors_picks=true

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #145 on: March 04, 2016, 08:48:31 am »

What. The. Hell.

To clarify:

The home owner did nothing wrong.
The home owner was not accused of a crime.
The dog did nothing wrong.
The dog did not leave his property.
The deputy went onto the homeowner/dog's property.

This results in a family pet being shot and left for dead?

In what world is that right?
In what world is it not animal cruelty to shoot an animal and leave it?

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #146 on: March 04, 2016, 09:24:50 am »

What. The. Hell.

To clarify:

You can be certain if the dog’s owner or neighbor had done it, they would be facing charges for animal cruelty.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #147 on: March 04, 2016, 10:53:22 am »

What. The. Hell.

To clarify:

Okrahoma World.

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #148 on: March 04, 2016, 11:47:58 am »

Perhaps we need to devise bullet vests for our dogs.

onward...through the fog
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #149 on: March 04, 2016, 12:08:23 pm »

I'm assuming since the cop said "I felt threatened" the dog owner has no recourse?

This is an example of why people have issues with cops...you don't really need a personal reason...you just have to know that some police officers will come on your property, shoot your dog, and leave it to die.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org