A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:18:45 am
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Beware Of Dog  (Read 156989 times)
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #120 on: June 13, 2014, 04:05:05 pm »

This was posted to Facebook. Absolutely horrible.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=788399151194843&set=o.47689998796&type=1

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #121 on: June 15, 2014, 08:50:09 pm »

This was posted to Facebook. Absolutely horrible.

Good news is, the dog is back home with stitches and doing ok. 

I don't care for pits, mainly because too many a$$wipes do stupid things like trying to "train them to be a guard dog"....I have 5 family members and two good friends that have them now and those 7 specific dogs are very good pets.  So far....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #122 on: June 27, 2014, 01:48:58 pm »

It's all about target practice for these A-Holes with guns.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2672405/The-dramatic-moment-dog-owner-berates-officers-shooting-beloved-pet-dead-backyard.html

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #123 on: June 27, 2014, 02:24:46 pm »

Worse was the Baltimore cop that slit the throat of a dog restrained with a noose.

Earlier this week a second Baltimore police officer was suspended in a shocking case in which he and another cop allegedly slit a dog's throat.

The Baltimore Sun reported that officer Thomas Schmidt has been placed on a paid administrative leave along with fellow officer Jeffrey Bolger who has been charged with animal cruelty.

The pair allegedly held down and cut the throat of a Shar-Pei, with officials saying there was no reason to kill the dog if it was already restrained.

Schmidt is a 24-year veteran of the Special Operations Section, serving alongside Bolger who was hired in 1992.

The union did not provide information regarding the terms of Schmidt's suspension.

The alleged attack happened on Saturday morning in Brewers Hill, a south-eastern district of the city, after police responded to a report of a woman being bitten.

Deputy Commissioner Dean Palmere said officers gained control of the animal, a seven-year-old Chinese Shar-Pei, with a dog pole and an officer used a knife to cut the dog's throat.

Late last night, Detective Jeremy Silbert issued a statement identifying that policeman as Bolger.

Announcing that internal affairs were investigating the killing, Mr Palmere called the incident 'outrageous and unacceptable'.

Witnesses told police that as Bolger got out of his vehicle, he said: 'I'm going to f*****g gut this thing.'

He waited until colleagues got control of the dog before bending down and slashing its throat with a knife, witnesses said. It bled to death before animal control arrived, police told the Baltimore Sun

Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #124 on: June 27, 2014, 09:54:21 pm »

Worse was the Baltimore cop that slit the throat of a dog restrained with a noose.

A second officer has been suspended as the Baltimore Police Department investigates a case in which a dog's throat was slit.

Officer Thomas Schmidt, a 24-year veteran assigned to the Emergency Services unit, was placed on paid administrative leave after police say he held down a Shar-Pei while a fellow officer, Jeffrey Bolger, slit the dog's throat.

According to charging documents filed in court in Bolger's case, Bolger, 49, and Schmidt responded. As Bolger got out of the police truck, a witness overheard him say, "I'm going to f*cking gut this thing," the police report said.
http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/blog/bs-md-ci-dog-killing-folo-20140619,0,7205448.story
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #125 on: June 29, 2014, 02:09:55 pm »

Hundreds of people protested in front of the Salt Lake City Police Department Saturday to demand justice for the victim in a controversial police shooting -- a 110-pound dog named “Geist.”
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/06/29/salt-lake-police-shooting-sparks-large-protest-for-victim-dog-named-geist/

The gray Weimaraner was in a fenced-in backyard June 18 when he was shot dead by a police officer who was searching for a missing boy. Police said the dog was shot after he approached the officer in an “aggressive manner.”

“So I get to bury my dog because an officer couldn’t back up and close the f------ gate.”

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvSC_bvPCOk[/youtube]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvSC_bvPCOk
http://reason.com/blog/2014/06/29/dont-you-dare-criticize-officers-for-sho

« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 02:08:17 pm by patric » Logged

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #126 on: July 29, 2014, 02:02:51 pm »

A police officer resigned Monday after coming under fire for allegedly shooting a resident’s German shepherd and then blocking the owner from taking the dog to the vet.

Doctor, a 9-year-old family pet, surprised DeKalb County police Officer David Anthony Pitts, who had come to the house in Decatur on Thursday because of a false alarm. The officer reportedly shot the dog in the face. Pitts defended the shooting to investigators as necessary.
Tim Theall, who has raised Doctor from a pup, said the dog is not aggressive, but he understood how Pitts could make a mistake when confronted with a large dog bounding in his direction.

But the DeKalb man was stunned when Pitts threatened to arrest him if he left immediately to get medical attention for the dog. The officer said it violated procedure in a shooting investigation, Theall said.

“I said, ‘I’m going to get my dog to a vet because he is alive,’ and that is when he blocked my exit,” said Theall.
Pitts blocked Theall’s driveway with his patrol car. The frantic Theall said he loaded Doctor into his car and drove around the car but the officer followed, blocking the 43-year-old graphic artist from leaving the southeast DeKalb neighborhood. Then he ordered Theall to return home or be arrested.

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/national/dekalb-cop-resigns-after-shooting-homeowners-germa/ngqG6/

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #127 on: September 11, 2014, 10:34:30 pm »

An off-duty Tulsa police officer shot and killed a pit bull late Thursday afternoon after it approached his dog and he felt threatened, a police official said.
Sgt. Jeff Davis said the officer was walking his own dog while he was off-duty when a pit bull approached his pet.
The officer felt threatened, so he shot the dog, Davis said.
Nicholas Blazek wrote on Facebook that his dog was sniffing the off-duty officer's dog when the officer pulled the trigger.
"Once he was on the ground crying he shot two more times," Blazek posted.
Davis, who declined to release the name of the officer, said he won't be placed on administrative leave because he was off-duty and the shooting didn't involve a person.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/crimewatch/off-duty-tulsa-police-officer-kills-pit-bull/

“The man, as smooth as you please, reached behind him, pointed (a handgun), put it up to the dog and shot it in the head or neck area, and Titus immediately went down,” Holm said, noting that the officer didn’t say a word before pulling the trigger.
As Titus lay in the grass, moving his legs and yelping, “he (the officer) bent down, aimed at it and shot it in the head with everybody in shock,” Holm said, adding that the second and final shot sent adults scurrying to collect children and take them inside their homes.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/homepage4/witness-owners-of-dog-killed-by-off-duty-tulsa-police/article_400fc734-6d16-51cb-8748-e188852b8ab1.html
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 11:06:35 am by patric » Logged

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #128 on: September 13, 2014, 11:02:10 am »

Another Tulsa cop shoots another dog the next day, but this time with a happier ending:

People are coming together and donating money to help pay for a dog’s surgery after the dog was shot three times by a Tulsa police officer.
Officials said the shooting was justified and the dog charged the officer while he was investigating a possible home invasion.

Ruby, a 2-year-old pit bull, is expecting to make a full recovery. Thursday afternoon people found her bloody and walking in the middle of the road in Catoosa, nearly 10 miles from home.

“I saw her walk by my window, and her mouth was covered in blood,” said Jana Pierson.
 Pierson was driving near Pine and Garnett when she noticed the dog.
 “I was instantly sad. I knew I had to help that dog. I couldn’t drive away from it,” Pierson said.
 The dog’s owner, Lana Ellsbury, was trying to find her in north Tulsa.
 “I was frantically looking for her for four hours,” Ellsbury said.

Ruby was shot by an on-duty Tulsa police officer near Ellsbury’s mother’s house at Apache and Sheridan. The Tulsa Police Department told FOX23 the officer shot three times after the dog charged at him. Ruby then ran off.
 Ellsbury and Ruby were reunited hours later, thanks to Facebook.
 “I was in tears of joy that she was alive,” Ellsbury said.

She said the Oklahoma Alliance for Animals is donating some money for Ruby’s surgery on her jaw.
 “There have been several people who have offered to help, asked what they can do, and that’s been so appreciated,” Ellsbury said.
 She said Ruby is friendly to strangers, and she doesn’t believe the dog was as aggressive as the police officer claimed.

http://www.fox23.com/news/news/local/dog-shot-tulsa-police-officer-reunited-owner-throu/nhL2y

Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #129 on: September 13, 2014, 04:58:07 pm »

Another Tulsa cop shoots another dog the next day, but this time with a happier ending:

We could compare it to the Jerome Ersland pharmacy robbery shooting:  the first shot was self-defense...the coup de grâce was murder.
BUT if our D.A. is too cowardly to charge an OHP tweaker for gunning down a random person while picking up his ho at the crack hotel, he's certainly not going to irritate the FOP with a rash of animal cruelty offenses.

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #130 on: September 15, 2014, 01:38:07 pm »

We could compare it to the Jerome Ersland pharmacy robbery shooting:  the first shot was self-defense...the coup de grâce was murder.
BUT if our D.A. is too cowardly to charge an OHP tweaker for gunning down a random person while picking up his ho at the crack hotel, he's certainly not going to irritate the FOP with a rash of animal cruelty offenses.

Oh I wasnt expecting "justice" beyond a quiet payout of taxpayer money to the victims, but at least the local media didnt just brush it off.

"They were sniffing each other and the man pulled his dog back and his hind legs didn't move. So it reared up and the other dog moved forward and the man reached back behind him and pulled out a silver revolver, bent down and shot the dog"
http://www.kjrh.com/news/local-news/off-duty-tulsa-cop-shoots-kills-neighborhood-dog

"He reached for his pistol, leaned over, and shot Titus point blank in his neck. And then as he falls to the ground, flipping around, he leaned down and shot him again in the head, kicked him to see if he was dead, he wasn't, so then he shot him again in the side." 
She says another officer who responded told her that if it had been a private citizen who had opened fire on her dog, he would have probably made an arrest, but a TPD spokesman told KRMG that because the officer was off duty and did not use his deparment-issued weapon, the case would be treated as if he was any private citizen.

http://www.krmg.com/news/news/local/-duty-officer-shoots-kills-dog-midtown-tulsa/nhLjx/

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #131 on: September 15, 2014, 02:46:23 pm »

Our DA won't even accept a guilty plea from a criminal IN COURT on a charge of assault with a deadly weapon, since the guy involved was on "good buddy" terms with his defense attorney, who was bud's with Tim Harris' office, who was good bud's with Judge Kurt Glassco.  Upon further review - the charge was actually changed to "Feloniously Pointing Firearm".  How special is that....

And there was this, just about a year and a half later... NOTICE OF TERMINATION OF ACTIVE PROBATION SUPERVISION

http://www.oscn.net/applications/oscn/GetCaseInformation.asp?submitted=true&viewtype=caseGeneral&casemasterID=2353817&db=Tulsa

And criminal activity continues in the neighborhood - at the same address - involving the discharge of firearms arms in the back yard, at neighbors dogs, and general all around "celebration" at New Years and July 4th.  And of course, the cops are gonna get right on that since it would be so much more effective with the current DA's office to try to get enforcement on those laws than when the resident of the address tried to kill a couple of high school teenagers....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #132 on: September 15, 2014, 02:49:51 pm »

Oh I wasnt expecting "justice" beyond a quiet payout of taxpayer money to the victims, but at least the local media didnt just brush it off.

"They were sniffing each other and the man pulled his dog back and his hind legs didn't move. So it reared up and the other dog moved forward and the man reached back behind him and pulled out a silver revolver, bent down and shot the dog"
http://www.kjrh.com/news/local-news/off-duty-tulsa-cop-shoots-kills-neighborhood-dog

"He reached for his pistol, leaned over, and shot Titus point blank in his neck. And then as he falls to the ground, flipping around, he leaned down and shot him again in the head, kicked him to see if he was dead, he wasn't, so then he shot him again in the side." 
She says another officer who responded told her that if it had been a private citizen who had opened fire on her dog, he would have probably made an arrest, but a TPD spokesman told KRMG that because the officer was off duty and did not use his deparment-issued weapon, the case would be treated as if he was any private citizen.

http://www.krmg.com/news/news/local/-duty-officer-shoots-kills-dog-midtown-tulsa/nhLjx/

The residence mentioned in my previous post has a dog that gets out and goes charging up to people, too.  No cops have been around to shoot that dog, though....

TeeDub
« Reply #133 on: September 15, 2014, 02:58:50 pm »

And there was this, just about a year and a half later... NOTICE OF TERMINATION OF ACTIVE PROBATION SUPERVISION

Why should he have to report to the probation officer once a month?   He still is on "probation," he just doesn't have to check in now.
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #134 on: September 15, 2014, 07:00:22 pm »

A TPD spokesman told KRMG that because the officer was off duty and did not use his deparment-issued weapon, the case would be treated as if he was any private citizen.[/font]

Oh, yeah, just like this smug turd

Except, of course, the department conspires to keep their identities a secret.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org